What's new

Tesla announces 1000hp 800km (with 36,000kg) range semi TRUCK with Autopilot and half-hour recharge

Looks really nice, when did you get it done? I heard somewhere that seasons has an effect on the wrap quality.

What is the place you got it done? Recommend?
My car stays in a covered garage most of the time, so that helps both protect and extend. Once a year you should go back for re-application/ touchup (100 bucks )If you are mostly driving and leaving it in the open you probably better off with the Xpel. well, Xpel lasts longer.

I did it locally here in my hometown in the U.S. There are many who are trained to do this- look up their reviews and check out their work with others before you choose one.

I also applied a wrap to it. Plastic thin one that protects the car. so very very worth it.

Looks really nice! +1

More pics of my Tesla post C quartz and plastic wrap done to it
upload_2018-3-11_1-28-24.png

upload_2018-3-11_1-29-4.png

upload_2018-3-11_1-29-53.png

Love for Elon and dream for Tesla. :)

We need electic mini helicopter

My car stays in a covered garage most of the time, so that helps both protect and extend. Once a year you should go back for re-application/ touchup (100 bucks )If you are mostly driving and leaving it in the open you probably better off with the Xpel. well, Xpel lasts longer.

I did it locally here in my hometown in the U.S. There are many who are trained to do this- look up their reviews and check out their work with others before you choose one.

I also applied a wrap to it. Plastic thin one that protects the car. so very very worth it.

View attachment 458758

View attachment 458759

View attachment 458760

Really like the color and the rims with the calipers that pop.

The car seems lowered with a more aggresive stance. Nice.

Really like the color and the rims with the calipers that pop.

The car seems lowered with a more aggresive stance. Nice.
The air suspension can be lowered and risen while driving too. I have both all-wheel drive and smart air suspension included.

I'm not sure if you are based out of the U.S. but we have driveways to homes at times that are at a very steep climb. I simply raise the suspension of my Tesla to ' Very high' setting when I approach for the first time, it raises the Tesla. The coolest thing is, the next time I approach that same driveaway, it remembers and automatically starts to raise it when I approach that house. (geotags the location when I do it for the 1st time)

View attachment 458758

View attachment 458759

View attachment 458760

These cropped pics are as fake as his flags. He stole these pics from Shine Auto Salon.
What a shameless lying piece of crap Indian.

Here are the originals, notice the name near the bottom right is cropped out in his posted pics.

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/shineautoperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01
/IMG_3717.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365

https://i1.wp.com/shineautoperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IMG_3722.jpg?fit=2048,1365

These cropped pics are as fake as his flags. He stole these pics from Shine Auto Salon.
What a shameless lying piece of crap Indian.

Here are the originals, notice the name near the bottom right is cropped out.

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/shineautoperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01
/IMG_3717.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365

https://i1.wp.com/shineautoperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IMG_3722.jpg?fit=2048,1365

Jamati Boy, that is my car at shine auto salon. ROFL. I stated they took the pictures in my very first post. I simply did not want to post more details and hence removed the name/logo part. You probably did a google image search. Don't hate! lol

see attachment @fallstuff . I did one just now with a special note for you. I don't fake or falsify like you guys pretend to be Indians at restaurants, even name it as such. :wave::flame::sarcastic:

One additional attachment for you @fallstuff you thought you had me. ROFL

Attachments

• 20180311_030244.jpg
    20180311_030244.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180311_030257.jpg
    20180311_030257.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180311_030313.jpg
    20180311_030313.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I ran the distance of the Tesla 18-wheeler range and operational viability by some of my buddies who are in fact "long haul" truckers. So here is their input.

1. The 500 mile range is very inadequate. Most truckers will cover way more than that in a 12 hour day - they get paid by the mile. This makes sense as I was able to make a trip in my car to my in-law's house ( distance of 300 miles) in just 4 1/2 hours - averaging 70mph. So the range has to mature for sure. As for the tesla motor lasting 1 million miles - well, diesels do that now.

2. The charging station infrastructure would have to catch up for it to be a viable option commercially. Keep in mind current trucks go just about anywhere and and even a small town has a diesel pump. I don't see a charging station coming up anytime soon in say, Mt.Ida Arkansas ( the little town my wife is from)

In conclusion, this is currently still a pipe dream for truckers...also how much do these trucks cost anyway compared to an existing Mack or Peterbilt truck?

Certainly range is an issue. 500 / 70 = 7 hours. I think they figure truckers will pull into truck rest stops periodically to grab a bite to eat and hook their rigs up to MegaChargers and get another 400 miles in 30 minutes. He says this will only be $0.07 a kw/hr.

The price is $180,000.

tesla-semi-megacharger-charging-port-1024x685.jpg

8 pin port means 4 battery packs charging at once. The wire connectors are much larger than the car ones.

I ran the distance of the Tesla 18-wheeler range and operational viability by some of my buddies who are in fact "long haul" truckers. So here is their input.

1. The 500 mile range is very inadequate. Most truckers will cover way more than that in a 12 hour day - they get paid by the mile. This makes sense as I was able to make a trip in my car to my in-law's house ( distance of 300 miles) in just 4 1/2 hours - averaging 70mph. So the range has to mature for sure. As for the tesla motor lasting 1 million miles - well, diesels do that now.

2. The charging station infrastructure would have to catch up for it to be a viable option commercially. Keep in mind current trucks go just about anywhere and and even a small town has a diesel pump. I don't see a charging station coming up anytime soon in say, Mt.Ida Arkansas ( the little town my wife is from)

In conclusion, this is currently still a pipe dream for truckers...also how much do these trucks cost anyway compared to an existing Mack or Peterbilt truck?

I recently spoke with a good acquaintance and neighbor who happens to be the UPS global logistics head just 2 weeks ago. They said they ordered these trucks to take on daily local routes and calculated that it would save them substantial dollars.

Certainly range is an issue. 500 / 70 = 7 hours. I think they figure truckers will pull into truck rest stops periodically to grab a bite to eat and hook their rigs up to MegaChargers and get another 400 miles in 30 minutes. He says this will only be $0.07 a kw/hr.

The price is $180,000.

tesla-semi-megacharger-charging-port-1024x685.jpg

8 pin port means 4 battery packs charging at once. The wire connectors are much larger than the car ones.

I wonder how many miles added through regen braking.

Last edited:
I spoke with UPS global logistics head just 2 weeks ago. They said they ordered these trucks to take on daily local routes and calculated that it would save them substantial dollars.
I wonder what the calculation would be on miles added through regen braking.

Yup. I can see this working well for a urban / suburban environment, especially for a company the size of UPS that can collaborate with another large company like Tesla.

For rural long hauls though, the trick would be to get these mega chargers in truck stops scattered across our vast expansive land. I am speaking only about the US. I have no idea what they have on the continent of course

https://electrek.co/2018/03/26/tesla-semi-electric-truck-order-fedex/

FedEx orders 20 Tesla Semi electric trucks to use in its freight fleet

FedEx is adding itself to the increasingly long list of companies ordering Tesla Semi electric trucks in order to replace their diesel trucks in their ‘FedEx Freight’ fleet.

Home Solar Power
Mike Ducker, CEO and President of FedEx Freight, made the announcement today:

FedEx has a long history of innovation and incorporating sustainability efforts throughout its global network. Our investment in these trucks is part of our commitment to improving road safety while also reducing our environmental impact.

While it’s a significant order for Tesla Semi, it’s a smaller order than FedEx’s major competitor UPS placed with Tesla

Last year, UPS ordered 125 electric trucks from Tesla. It was the biggest order publicly confirmed for Tesla Semi.

It follows a series of orders from several companies since Tesla launched the program in November.

At the unveiling event, Tesla unveiled two electric truck options with 300 and 500 miles of range.

After Tesla revealed the pricing of its electric semi trucks, we learned that the regular production versions for the 300-mile and 500-mile range versions will be $150,000 and $180,000 respectively, while the company is also listing a ‘Founders Series’ version for $200,000.

This means that FedEx’s order alone is worth between $3 million and $3.6 million.

Tesla first started taking reservations with a $5,000 deposit per truck, but has later changed the listed deposit price to $20,000 for a “base reservation” of the production version and the full $200,000 for the “Founders Series” truck.

Since FedEx is only now confirming its order, they likely had to place a $400,000 deposit.

As we recently reported, Tesla Semi is currently undergoing testing ahead of next year’s planned production as a prototype is traveling around the US to some customers.

Last edited:
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/08/1...ts-photo-of-tesla-semi-hauling-cinder-blocks/

California Highway Patrol Posts Photo Of Tesla Semi Hauling Cinder Blocks

If you are at the top of the Donner Pass, elevation 7,054 feet, in the Sierra Nevada mountains, the road goes steeply downhill whether you are traveling east or west. The California Highway Patrol maintains a truck inspection facility near Donner Pass to make sure the trucks using it can operate safely as they descend the steep grade.

Tesla-Semi-California-Highway-Patrol.png

On August 15, a CHP officer posted a photo on Facebook of a Tesla Semi parked at the inspection station. It was hauling a ~40,000 pound load of cinder blocks (on a ~15,000 lb trailer) as it simulated what it would be like to haul cargo up to the pass and down the other side.

One of the pet peeves of truckers is long, slow climbs that cause them to slow down to 40 mph or below. That shouldn’t be an issue with the Tesla Semi, which has more torque available than almost any tractor in history. Being able to haul heavy loads up steep inclines like the ones leading to the Donner Pass means faster deliveries and less hazard to other motorists from slow-moving trucks.

In the CHP Facebook post, the driver says the Tesla Semi is meeting or exceeding its range expectations. The company says that, depending on the version of chosen by the buyer, the truck should be able to go between 300 and 500 miles hauling a full load of cargo.

That compares quite favorably with the electric trucks being developed by Volvo, Daimler, and BYD. The first two companies have not released specs for their upcoming offerings but BYD has a day cab in production that has a maximum range of 124 miles. That’s good enough for most in-town and interurban routes — especially in the Northeast — but far too short to take on the Donner Pass.

The Tesla Semi is expected to enter production in late 2020 or early 2021. When it goes on sale, it will most likely be the most advanced electric truck money can buy.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/10/elon-musk-tesla-semi-electric-truck-volume-production/
Tesla Semi: Elon Musk says time to bring electric trucks to volume production

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 1.52.40 PM.jpg

Elon Musk has said that “it is time to bring” Tesla Semi electric trucks to volume production in a memo to all Tesla employees.

In a new email to employees last night, Musk that he wants to go “all out”:

“It’s time to go all out and bring the Tesla Semi to volume production. It’s been in limited production so far, which has allowed us to improve many aspects of the design.”

It’s unclear what he means by “limited production”, but there have so far been only two Tesla Semi prototypes spotted on public roads.

Musk continued in the email:

“Production of the battery and powertrain would take place at Giga Nevada, with most of the other work probably occurring in other states.”

Electrek previously reported that Tesla secured a lease on a large building at the Gigafactory Nevada site to help with Tesla Semi production.

In the email, the CEO didn’t address a timeline for production.

At the unveiling of the Tesla Semi in 2017, the automaker said that the electric truck would be coming in 2019, but the vehicle has since been pushed to “low-volume production in late 2020.”

With the release of its Q1 2020 results, Tesla gave its usual product update.

The automaker stated that all its programs are still on pace — except for Tesla Semi slipping into 2021:

We expect that production of both Model Y in Fremont and Model 3 in Shanghai will continue to ramp gradually through Q2. We are continuing to build capacity for Model Y at Gigafactory Berlin and Gigafactory Shanghai and remain on track to start deliveries from both locations in 2021. Lastly, we are shifting our first Tesla Semi deliveries to 2021.

Musk added at the end of the email to employees:

Jerome and I are very excited to work with you to bring this amazing product to market!

Musk is referring to Jerome Guillen, Tesla’s President of Automotive who has also been leading the Tesla Semi program since 2016

Really excited about this. Elon Musk is working to revolutionise out planet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom