What's new

Terrorist Attack On PAF camp Badaber : 29 people massacred, 13 terrorists killed.

I know am gonna be jumped for asking this, but why is there no word on the PAF personnel who died in the Mosque? I mean except for the number of people who died, there is no other information, names, ranks, if PAF personnel or civilians or family members, nothing? Something seems amiss.

in due course. nothing is amiss.

Monday morning quarter-backing is very easy to do..........

Allah bless the shaheed.
I'm sorry but base security needs a massive overhaul, as attackers shouldn't be able to get past the first line of defence. Small radar systems to detect incoming threats, then Steel walls, after-which there is razor wire, then guard towers armed with gatling guns, behind which are patrols with IFV's.
With all due respect

1) Pakistan economy is not in such a good shape to provide state of the art fencing on Afghanistan border. And that would not be feasible as well. Look at loc, it's roughly 700 km and takes a heavy toll on indo-Pak economies and here we are talking about more than 2000 km of rough terrain.

2) completely closing the border is not an option as well neither it's possible. Section of communities won't allow that in Pakistan. Even if it does get done, what stops a terrorist with about 5 kg of rdx to blow a hole in that fence. No country can monitor that big a fence in real time.

3) another point raised in this thread by others and here by you is to provide adequate security measures to establishment like bases and etc. I don't think that's feasible as well. There are N number of possible targets for terrorists. How many cab you provide 3-4 layer security with. Even if you provide all the establishment with high level security, that doesn't solve the problem
Does it?

Terrorists can always go for softer targets like markets and mosques and for example schools. You can not provide security to every living soul in Pakistan. How many APS can you give 3 layer security? How many mosques cab you guard with a number of soldiers? How many markets can you patrole with fully equipped battle ready soldiers?

There will always be a possible target available for terrorists.

4) In my opinion, the best way to stop these terror attacks is counter intelligence. It's cheaper than putting fences and patrolling mosques and markets. And it gets the job done with minimum collateral.

For example, look how indian army curbed terrorists in kashmir. They infiltrated terrorists organisation and made deep assets in them. They started getting useful information on terror hideouts, sleeper cells, possible attacks etc. Some assets even got used in tearing terror organisations in numbers.

A solution is always there in history. If you read similar problems from around the world, and successful solutions then you will definitely get an idea as to how to tackle this problem.

For example
Israel with Hamas.
CIA with Mexican drug Lords.
Chinese with Tibetan.

However my analogies may not be exact, but carefully studying these will definitely give you some idea.

Hi,

PDF members in particular and Pakistani in general---are you now ready to look at the screw ups and apses in the security of the base---.

I mean to say----you can raise all kinds of slogans---and do all kinds of Ra Ra Ra----and talk about the bravado of the military men and that is fine----but do you have the courage to point the finger at yourself---and your security apparatus and how it failed?

It is over due now---.
Mastan Bhai these rats look and search the points where they found weakness in security, main problem is their hide out and sleeping cell where they stay and plan for the target and unfortunately they living among us, we need more public awareness volunteer civil policing check our neighbors galli mohallaha etc.
May Allah save us from these jahanmi creatures. Ameen

PAF camp badaber is very important for me as i spent my infant years(1990-1992) over there.But according to my parents those were peaceful times.
Now it,s time to invade Afghanistan and kick all remaining afghans from pakistan.Afghanistan should be part of operation zarb e azb to eliminate all afghan terrorist scum.

immature thinking, We shouldn't invade Afghanistan and it is itself stupid idea because cost of jingoism will blast over ordinary citizens of Pakistan. Pakistan can only launch surgical strikes in Afghanistan for targeted operation.

Would you mind to elaborate how Afghanistan could be part of Zarb-e-Azb? On which logical grounds?

Mastan Bhai these rats look and search the points where they found weakness in security, main problem is their hide out and sleeping cell where they stay and plan for the target and unfortunately they living among us, we need more public awareness volunteer civil policing check our neighbors galli mohallaha etc.
May Allah save us from these jahanmi creatures. Ameen

Hi,

Little brother---please don't try to teach me about security-----. Every time it is the same operating procedure. You kids need to understand----the paf management is screwed up---the got serious issues in base security. You cannot keep protecting them---all you kids are doing is lying n their behalf.

You need men who are mentally prepared to do security and nothing else---people who are dedicated for this job----.

People praying in the mosque---no security----no one n the mosque fought back with any weapons----

Pakistan has few options:

1) Build massive Fences/Walls and Borrow money from China to reduce attacks
2) Vacate Airbases/camps to other provinces safety away from attacks
3) Air bombings and Hot pursuits in Afghanistan's safe haven terrorisms
4) Increase security, upgrading, and recruits more heavy equipment police
5) Joint Cooperation between Afghanistan/Pakistan (maybe not)
6) Eliminate Toyota trucks for MRAPS or heavy vehicles
7) Forget it, play cricket and drink chai

Which one you vote?

First 2 points are abnormal points, 7th out of context & rest of points have some future to discuss.

These scums could've targeted any mosque in the the country....so many places of worship out in the open....but they specifically targeted the air force community. One thing for sure we know now, is that they have definitely taken a beaten by PAF air strikes....and are just desperate to do a hit and die. What fcuking cowards.

With all due respect

1) Pakistan economy is not in such a good shape to provide state of the art fencing on Afghanistan border. And that would not be feasible as well. Look at loc, it's roughly 700 km and takes a heavy toll on indo-Pak economies and here we are talking about more than 2000 km of rough terrain.

2) completely closing the border is not an option as well neither it's possible. Section of communities won't allow that in Pakistan. Even if it does get done, what stops a terrorist with about 5 kg of rdx to blow a hole in that fence. No country can monitor that big a fence in real time.

3) another point raised in this thread by others and here by you is to provide adequate security measures to establishment like bases and etc. I don't think that's feasible as well. There are N number of possible targets for terrorists. How many cab you provide 3-4 layer security with. Even if you provide all the establishment with high level security, that doesn't solve the problem
Does it?

Terrorists can always go for softer targets like markets and mosques and for example schools. You can not provide security to every living soul in Pakistan. How many APS can you give 3 layer security? How many mosques cab you guard with a number of soldiers? How many markets can you patrole with fully equipped battle ready soldiers?

There will always be a possible target available for terrorists.

4) In my opinion, the best way to stop these terror attacks is counter intelligence. It's cheaper than putting fences and patrolling mosques and markets. And it gets the job done with minimum collateral.

For example, look how indian army curbed terrorists in kashmir. They infiltrated terrorists organisation and made deep assets in them. They started getting useful information on terror hideouts, sleeper cells, possible attacks etc. Some assets even got used in tearing terror organisations in numbers.

A solution is always there in history. If you read similar problems from around the world, and successful solutions then you will definitely get an idea as to how to tackle this problem.

For example
Israel with Hamas.
CIA with Mexican drug Lords.
Chinese with Tibetan.

However my analogies may not be exact, but carefully studying these will definitely give you some idea.

yes we have seen your success rates in Kashmir - indeed.

Hi,

Thank you for the video----. It is a shame that hardly any Pakistani on this board would have the courage to admit that paf screwed up one more time for its security.

Why they should make showcase admittance when that is already has learnt the loop holes? better to learn from experience or they will get another hit. There is no excuse i think.

Owners of van, used in attack at PAF Budber base, Asif & Akmal detained from Sadiqabad .

Meanwhile PAF Air raids intensify . 15 terrorists killed in Tirah valley today.

School & colleges around PAF Budber base closed for 10 days, will now reopen after Eidul Azha

Several suspects including Afghan nationals rounded up during search operation in Badber, Matni and surrounding areas of ‪#‎Peshawar‬

‪#‎PAF‬

COAS and CAS during their visit to Badha Bair Camp, meeting troops who participated in operation and killed all terrorists who attacked camp on Friday morning.

12009557_1058543757497809_947294811447088009_n.jpg

1) PAF didn't fail, it is not their job to be on the roads, you can't ask army to do the job of police.

2) Civil administration has to step up, can't spend Rs100 Billion for just 2 metros while we forget about development in FATA! Development in these areas will do 90% of our job, but politicians have always let us down.

3) No need to secure the whole Durrand line! Most of these TTP scums are in Nuristan, Kunar, Nangarhar, secure these border areas as first priority, rest we can deal with.

4) Govt needs to step up its diplomacy as well, need to hand over/share all the dossier's, on Indian RAW's involvement in Afghanistan, with every friendly/ally & non-ally nations.

5) Give better equipment & training to FC & police.

6) Need to go all out now, with full might.

btw this base has always been a residential area. officers live here, most probably planned to kill them & their families.

still a failure since our men died. We cannot win this war without sincere efforts by the civil leadership, & can we just put all these mullah's behind bars or kill them? they're the most hypocrite of all!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom