What's new

‘Terrorism, sports can’t go together’: Sports minister after India denies Pakistan wrestlers visas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soumitra

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
‘Terrorism, sports can’t go together’: Sports minister after India denies Pakistan wrestlers visas
The Asian Championship will be held in New Delhi between May 10 and 14.
57311-hlnhjnhgym-1493807002.jpg

Facebook/PWF

Sports Minister Vijay Goel on Tuesday said “terrorism and sports cannot go together”, hours after the Pakistan Wrestling Federation claimed that they have been denied visas for the Asian Championship, which will be held in New Delhi between May 10 and 14.

Muhammad Arshad, the Pakistan federation’s secretary claimed that they had been informed by the Indian High Commission that visa applications of their players and officials for the five-day tournament had been rejected.

“Our wrestlers Muhammad Inam Butt and Muhammad Bilal were selected to represent the country in the regional event and we had applied for visas some 45 days ago,” Arshad was quoted as saying by PTI.

Arshad also urged the various sporting bodies across the world to stop international events from being held in India, “If they are going to do this with us all the time, then I think it is time our sports bodies and government also exerted pressure on world bodies to stop allocating events to India,” he said.

The Pakistan Squash Federation had earlier claimed the Indian High Commission had not issued visas for the Asian Individual Squash Championship in Chennai. In December 2016, the Pakistan Junior hockey team was also not issued visas for the Junior World Cup in Lucknow.

https://scroll.in/latest/836455/ter...r-after-india-denies-pakistan-wrestlers-visas

why Pakistan sports bodies ever bother to even apply for a sports event being held in Modi's mad India?
Not too long ago sports was thought to be separate from politics with bitter rival nations playing with each other in sports events. USSR had no problems with Playing USA.

Extremist and childish mindset. Its a regional event which india is hosting not a bilateral. This will simply go against india in hosting events that they let political issues effect regional events. Quite frankly its very childish and I think he is right. Pakistan should start highlighting that regional or world events in india will only see such immaturity come to pass.

Pakistan should focus competing with our clibre athletes from UK , Germany or other strong nations like France or European Nations

That was our mandate in 50's , 60's , 70's and we collected various memorable victors in various sports with that mindset

India unfortunately is not at our Clibre :yay:

The only reason our Sports men/women are stuck with Hindus is becasue of sports funding

I hope the Military helps resolve the crisis so our Sports Man/Women can compete in Europe or Asia (Outside the Sphere of Afghanistan / India / Nepal)

These are all low grade countries BELOW our STANDARD of Athletics

Aim for our Level Athletes world wide

It's about time Pakistan approach world body Tribuneral to stop issuance of sporting events to India as it can't facilitate issuance of Visa to qualified candidates

Stop awarding sporting events to this Apartheid country

Stupid country has 5 Seperatist movement and yet keeps getting Tournaments awarded

Last edited:
Pakistan should focus competing with our clibre athletes from UK , Germany or other strong nations like France or European Nations

That was our mandate in 50's , 60's , 70's and we collected various memorable victors in various sports with that mindset

The only reason our Sports men/women are stuck with Hindus is becasue of sports funding

I hope the Military helps resolve the crisis so our Sports Man/Women can compete in Europe or Asia (Outside the Sphere of Afghanistan / India / Nepal)

It's about time Pakistan approach world body Tribuneral to stop issuance of sporting events to India as it can't facilitate issuance of Visa to qualified candidates

Stupid country has 5 Seperatist movement and yet keeps getting Tournaments awarded

No one is stopping you from playing in Europe or America or Middle East. If and when you host international tournaments you can also deny visas to india.

Our stand is clear No Sports, No Films, No Cultural Exchane till terrorism is resolved. We dont want terrorists and terror sympathisers in our country

And if Pakistan has that kind of clout they can approach world bodies to ask them to stop awarding tournaments to India

When the isolation of the enemy isn't working, resort to such cheap tactics - Chanakya, Rule 420, Chanakya Niti
If you think pointing to Chanakya Niti is going to humiliate us you are deade wrong. We feel proud to be associated with the great man

Let me recommend a book for you. "Chanakya's Chant" by Ashwin Sanghi. Maybe it will help you understand why he was the great philosopher and thinker

India_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

I will let the facts do the talking, something is better than nothing!

South Africans treated you exactly how you deserved to be treated walk on different road

If you think pointing to Chanakya Niti is going to humiliate us you are deade wrong. We feel proud to be associated with the great man

Let me recommend a book for you. "Chanakya's Chant" by Ashwin Sanghi. Maybe it will help you understand why he was the great philosopher and thinker
Well thank you and no thank you. I have read his work, i would like to distance myself from a misogynist strategist that he was.

Due to lack of military options against Pakistan, India is forced to resort to things that reek of immaturity and juvenile attitude at best.

Instead of complaining we Pakistanis should take pride in the fact that we have forced our much larger enemy to something lame like cancelling visas of wrestlers.

Reactions: Max
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom