What's new

Temple stampede leaves numerous dead in India

I am not comparing cyclone to a stampede.

I am comparing administrative effort taken to prevent death during cyclone and during Navratri/Dussehra. I though that was obvious.

One leads to 9 deaths, other one leads to 200+ deaths.

I already spoke of the religious angle, what more needs to be said ? The CM was very well aware of this history of stampede death which had occurred in the past. His lack of serious effort in ensuring protecting Hindu lives by taking appropriate administrative action is exactly what screams "let some of these Hindus die in a stampede".

Why should I not hold him accountable ?

The authorities who were supposed to carryout this ceremony without any problem should be held responsible .

I don't find any other religious angle to this and not every thing is a conspiracy against Hindus .

The authorities who were supposed to carryout this ceremony without any problem should be held responsible .

I don't find any other religious angle to this and not every thing is a conspiracy against Hindus .

The Temple authorities are only responsible for conducting the religious ceremonies. Crowd control is the responsibility of the Govt. of MP, the district magistrate there.

But you are absolutely right. There is no anti-Hindu feeling in the govt. administration masquerading as Secularism. What do I know. Here is a partial list,

Only 200+ killed in this MP stampade.

March 2010, more than 60 people were killed during a stampede at a temple in the Uttar Pradesh state.

January 2005: 265 people were killed as Hindu pilgrims stampede near a remote temple in Maharashtra

October 3, 2007: At least 14 women were crushed to death at a train station during Kumbh Mela.

March 27, 2008: 8 people were killed and 10 injured at an Indian temple crush during a pilgrimage in MP.

August 3, 2008: At least 162 people were killed and 47 injured in a stampede at the Naina Devi temple in Himachal Pradesh

September 30, 2008: 147 people were killed during the Chamunda Devi stampede at the Chamunda Devi temple in Jodhpur

February 11, 2009: 145 Dead in stampede in mountaintop temple in Himachal Pradesh during Shravan Navratras

March 4, 2010: At least 71 killed and over 200 injured at Ram Janki Temple, in Kunda

January 15, 2011: 102 people died and 100 were injured during a stampede near Sabarimala temple in Kerala

November 8, 2011: 16 people were killed at Haridwar, India

February 10, 2013 : A stampede caused the death of 36 people between two railway platforms in Allahabad

Hindus pilgrims should be left to fend for themselves. It does not matter if a few of them die, we have plenty more where they come from. The govt. really has no responsibility to prevent these deaths, you see, we are secular. :tup:

That's right. Lets just prevent these primitive hindus from following their beliefs because they are an inconvenience to you.

We will all now follow Jayron who will teach us how to pray to "less potent gods in safer places". :tup:

jee..... you think so ? :angel:
Better than getting them killed en masse every year. Hinduism is not rigid. It can and has to evolve according to the situation.

Better than getting them killed en masse every year. Hinduism is not rigid. It can and has to evolve according to the situation.

I have a better Idea. How about Indian govt. take necessary administrative measures to ensure Hindu pilgrims do not die either in godhra train burning or in Stampede.

How does that sound ? Just an crazy Idea :angel:

How about the govt. and the administration evolve to suite the situation ? ...........Hindus have decided to stop bending backwards to accommodate others.

Datia stampede: survivors claim they were thrown off bridge, cops deny

Datia stampede: survivors claim they were thrown off bridge, cops deny - Hindustan Times

Many people who survived Sunday's stampede on a bridge to a temple in a Madhya Pradesh town have accused the police of throwing bodies into the river beneath, while the police denied such allegations as “absurd”.

About 90 pilgrims, mostly children and women, died on Sunday, either crushed or drowned after jumping into river Sindh in desperation, while crossing the 500-metre bridge to the temple in Ratangarh in Datia district, 400km from Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal. The toll rose to 115 today.

While the police claimed a rumor that the bridge will collapse triggered the panic, many pilgrims said the baton-charge by the police aggravated the situation.

Geeta Mishra, 55, a resident of Ward No. 13 of Bhind district’s Daboh town said she saw policemen throwing the dead and the injured into the river while she was searching for the body of her brother-in-law Sanjay Mishra’s 16-year-old son Dilip.

Ramnaresh Shivhare, a labourer from Bhind district, told Hindustan Times he was visiting the temple on the last day of Navratra along with his three sons---Jitendra, 20, Ashish, 15, and Golu, 6.

Golu was lost in the panicked crowd after slipping out his father’s hand. Shivhare and his sons found Golu dead on the bridge.

“When Ashish leaned to lift Golu’s body, a policeman threw him into the river. We found him in an unconscious state on the river bank, with his leg fractured,” said Shivhare.

Ashish alleged the police threw the victims off the bridge after searching their pockets.

Tara Singh and Lakhan Singh, both shopkeepers near the temple, leveled similar allegations. They believe the policemen threw the dead into the river possibly to give an impression that most people died by jumping into the river and not in the stampede.

Chambal range deputy inspector general of police DK Arya said he reached the site of the tragedy at about 12 noon and found no such thing. He said these allegations were “absurd”.

stampede.jpg

“I condemn such allegations. Policemen too have sons, brothers and fathers. There might have been some lapses but police personnel can never indulge in such inhuman and despicable acts,” Arya said

Madhya Pradesh director general of police Nandan Dubey said, “Since a judicial commission has been instituted, it would look into all aspects of the tragedy.”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom