What's new

Temple demolished in Pakistan,Gold Ornaments stolen in 'hurried' operation

i asked any eye witness accounts of the harsh process of leaving- There must be some thing your opinion is based on?-

This is a legal process which you can very well verify and I came to know about this through a discussion with a worker from seemant lok sangathan, a NGO working for their cause in Rajasthan.

This is a legal process which you can very well verify and I came to know about this through a discussion with a worker from seemant lok sangathan, a NGO working for their cause in Rajasthan.

A personal discussion- Like i totally believe you now-
I am sure that process will be much easier than getting an indian visa though- result of my discussion with a Pakistani Business man- :argh:-

Yup. Getting an Indian citizenship is tough. That is why GoI must make a one time concession for all non Muslims of Pakistan. I think both Pakistan and the Hindus will be happy with this.

A personal discussion- Like i totally believe you now-
I am sure that process will be much easier than getting an indian visa though-

What you believe or not is not my concern. You can verify the legal process. The fact is getting that affidavit from Pakistan takes years and all the while these people are left in limbo of not being Pakistanis as well as Indians. I dont understand the hesitation of the pakstani bureaucracy in not granting them the affidavits..they dont want these people to live in pakistan and they also dont want them to leave pakstan...are these people supposed to go die in the Arabian sea ?

and getting an indian visa is not a right of anybody..its completely at the discretion of india to decide who can enter it...but if people are willing to leave a country, i see no point in holding them back or making the exit process difficult for them.

Yup. Getting an Indian citizenship is tough. That is why GoI must make a one time concession for all non Muslims of Pakistan. I think both Pakistan and the Hindus will be happy with this.

Not non-Muslims. Just Hindus and Sikhs.

i don't blame pakistanis for this.it's there corrupt government who can't protect it's own citizen from getting blown up by extremists.

i think zia is solely responsible for this sorry state of pakistan

Alhamdolillah-

Land grabbing is a very common issues in subcontinent- but when a Mandir is demolished to grab land- it is given a religious angle- wonder if the mandir was built illegally-

I find this a very lame attempt to justify something completely wrong i.e disrespect for anothers religion.

I find this a very lame attempt to justify something completely wrong i.e disrespect for anothers religion.

and you find the hatred laden evil Pakistanis destroying poor hindu mandir as very convincing- fits the bills isn't it-

KARACHI, Dec 1: A Hindu temple was damaged and religious objects were allegedly desecrated in a demolition operation carried out in a Garden locality on Saturday.

However, the director of military lands and cantonments claimed that no religious place had been damaged in the anti-encroachment operation carried out in a locality falling within the jurisdiction of the Cantonment Board Karachi.

Pakistan Hindu Council chief Ramesh Vankwani condemned the demolition of a temple in the building in Doly Khata, near the Holy Family Hospital, where he said the Hindus had been living for a long time.

He said that the issue was in court and the demolition team along with police and Rangers came to the area on Saturday, started the operation immediately that destroyed residences as well as the temple in the building.

He said that the religious objects in the temple were desecrated and thrown out.

He said that a sense of insecurity among the Hindu community was spreading owing to such highhandedness by the administration and law-enforcement agencies.

He said that he tried to contact the home secretary and the chief secretary but they could not be approached.

However, the Sindh police chief was contacted and he informed him (Mr Vankwani) that the action was being taken on a court directive. He said that the issue was between residents of the building and a builder who claimed that he had purchased the building.

Mr Vankwani said that a meeting of the minority community victims was being organised at the demolished site on Sunday morning to devise a future line of action so that the minority community members were not be further victimised and their rights protected.

He also demanded stern action against those who had desecrated the temple/ religious place and objects and residences.

Meanwhile, Director Military Lands and Cantonments Zeenat Ahmed told Dawn that the military estate officer had conducted the anti-encroachment operation and vacated the building from the people who were illegally occupying it.

She said that the action was taken following the court orders.

She, however, made it clear that no religious place/temple was damaged or destroyed.

She said that the government had given clear orders that the religious place of any community should not be disturbed.

Protest over damage to temple in demolition operation | DAWN.COM

free to highlight whatever you want

How much was the Gold worth?

That's why I think it's better not to make idols out of precious materials. Like Golden statues of Buddha etc.

I don't think the Gods mind if their statues are made out of gold or stone.

How much was the Gold worth?

That's why I think it's better not to make idols out of precious materials. Like Golden statues of Buddha etc.

I don't think the Gods mind if their statues are made out of gold or stone.

It note the idols but the ornaments.

Very old temple ornaments fetch huge value in international antique market, FYI

I wonder what Pakistan government will do about this and more importantly waiting for a statement from Rehman Malik.

This is not about India or Pakistan . It is about a Sick Mentality in BOTH countries . You will find people praising modi , leaving all his sick acts in Gujarat and people justifying Babri demolition.
Pakistanis are no Different . Apart from few learned members from the other side of fence you will find sick and twisted "muslims" who are fed upon so much of hate literature that they can't think straight .

Pathetic Display from both sides instead of showing solidarity to the victims of this heinous acts .

Back
Top Bottom