What's new

Telangana officially comes into existence

jandk

Reaction score
Country
India
Telangana is the 29th state in the southern part of India. It was part of Princely state of Hyderabad (Medak and Warangal divisions) which was ruled by the Nizams during the British Raj till 1947, and later until 1948, when it joined the Union of India. In 1956, Hyderabad state was dissolved and Telangana was merged with Andhra State to form the state of Andhra Pradesh. On 2 June 2014, Telangana became the 29th state of India, consisting of the parts carved out of the ten north-western districts of the erstwhile state of Andhra Pradesh. [3] The city of Hyderabad will serve as the joint capital of Telangana and the residuary Andhra Pradesh for up to ten years.[4]
Telangana is bordered by the states of Maharashtra to the north and north-west, Karnataka to the west, Chhattisgarh to the north-east and Andhra Pradesh to the south and east. Telangana has an area of 114,840 square kilometres (44,340 sq mi), and a population of 35,286,757 (2011 census). [5] Hyderabad, Warangal, Karimnagar and Nizamabad are the four largest cities in the state.

bta01s2.jpg

AT0965J.jpg

@jandk It was so quick to see wiki updated with new state info, It wasn't there yesterday. Are you from AP?

Yea wiki was updated pretty quickly. No I'm not from AP. Are you?

I am from AP. Now the residual state is called AP only. I don't think they will go with different name like Seemandhra.

I am from AP. Now the residual state is called AP only. I don't think they will go with different name like Seemandhra.

What's your opinion on AP division? Wouldn't calling the other part Seemandhra make more sense?

@jandk It used to be a BIG state both in size and population so far. Anyway, the residual state is still bigger than Bangladesh in size. LOL.

What's your opinion on AP division? Wouldn't calling the other part Seemandhra make more sense?

Well, it was just political, most of the people in Telangana never wanted a state.Even after the division also, almost in 4/10 districts TRS couldn't win any seats.

Seemandhra will grow very fast, it has biggest coastal line in India. It has good fertile lands, education is high, number of industrialists are more. Also, it could be the only state in India where highest number of IT professionals, Doctors etc working in all part of the world.

Last edited:
Great. Now expect Gorkhaland as well. The good thing here will be that it will be out of Momta's communal politics.

The remaining of it will stay at Andhra Pradesh, the logo of Telangana is wrong, it also contains Charminar in the background.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom