What's new

Tejas MK1A to sport a Dual-Rack Pylons for CCMs which can be expanded to carry more than AAM

hacker J

Reaction score
Country
India
der_page_004.png

At Defexpo 2018, it was confirmed that new upgraded Tejas MK1A will come with a Dual-Rack Pylons to carry two Close Combat Missiles (CCM) in a single weapon station their by increasing it firepower tremendously.

Weapons Stations 5 or 6 can be used for Dual-Rack Pylons in pure Air-to-Air Missions or only one Mixed Air-to-Surface and Air-to-Air Missions one pylon can be utilized for Dual-Rack Pylons.

Tejas MK1A will get Self Protection Jammer (SPJ) in a Pod mounted on the weapons station 5 or 6. Russian supplied R-73 will be main WVRAAM (Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missiles ) for the MK1 variant and MK1A will also get ASRAAM. ASRAAM weighing 88kgs each and with a range of 50km is much lighter then Python-5 and also comes with improved range.

Isreali Python-5 WVRAAM was initially selected to be armed on Tejas MK1A but was dropped due to excessive vibration found while carrying out inflight trials of the missiles system on the aircraft.

I-Derby-ER with 100km range and India’s Astra with 75km range will be other two Air-to-Air missiles which will be part of the Tejas MK1A weapons load.
http://idrw.org/tejas-mk1a-to-sport-a-dual-rack-pylons-for-ccms/

Derby ER is an great addition to the platform

Great news... Agree or disagree but Tejas is slowly evolving to a much better platform...
And we are not in hurry....

Agreed, but i am personally still waiting for a ramped up production line. As since the induction in 2015 so far we just have 8 aircrafts with the airforce and possible by the end of april/june we can see as many as 4 new aircrafts completing the first squadrn.

Derby ER is an great addition to the platform

It defenietly is and could be a great combination specially with dual racks for jamming pods ccms and 2 astra / 2 derby er. It can perform air superiority roles very well.

Well that was a very important requirement for lca ,i hope they do install that dual pylon system for air to air missile.

It should carry atleast 6 air to air missile
4 long range bvraam like derby ER or astra mk 1/2 with 2 asraams or R 73E .

I think it will have integrated aesa based ew suite i dont think it would be wise to waste a pylon for carrying external jamming pod

Its centerline pylon should be made to use for carrying weapons

CHEERS

Teja ap bas kar yaar ab tu sharam ati hai

Back
Top Bottom