What's new

Teas... please post what you drink

Tetley
Or Yorkshire tea

Sometimes twinings English Breakfast

Darjeling lacks a backbone....no matter how many times I make it I can't get it right

Tea - Taylor's Yorkshire Tea Classic
Yorkshire-Tea-Loose-Red-Tea-Bags-Retail.jpg

Coffee - Douwe Egberts No 3

8711000279472_T1

Teams & friends.

What Tea is your favourite and what brands do you recommend?

Here we have in general 2 classes of teas:
1. Black tea which is a blend from local and Sri-Lanka
2. Rooiboos (red bush tea)

In #1, we have mostly Joko, 5 Roses as being our favourites here. Loose tea is most common. Bags not so much as it is considered not to part good flavours. We do get in border towns tea from Zimbabwe which I happen now to like a lot - Tanganda tea - very earthy flavour.
For us Pakistanis our colonial masters made sure that tea should be ingrained into their subjects. And yes even after so many decades, we still are addicted to it.
My grandfather often while drinking his morning or afternoon tea tell us how english pay the locals to taste the tea at tea stalls propped up by them, when it was first introduced. He said that people preffered to drink milk and rejected the tea. But then the market and publicity and free samples at every corner made sure that everyone is drinking this tea.
Funny how tea was grown in India and was introduced to Indians by the English.
Most of the people don't know but the tea usually Avalible and preffered is Earl Grey.
Black tea drink with milk.
Local geen tea is also very famous in our northern parts where after eating meat heavy food they always prefer green tea. Which is some special local kind.
And kashmiri tea, which is pink tea is drink during winters.
There is no comparison to this tea . Is is cooked for hours on steam. And only then it is made perfect served with almonds and salt and sugar. But sugar destroys it in my opinion..
Though most people nowadays claim to be coffee lovers but in general we prefer tea.

Teams & friends.

What Tea is your favourite and what brands do you recommend?

Here we have in general 2 classes of teas:
1. Black tea which is a blend from local and Sri-Lanka
2. Rooiboos (red bush tea)

In #1, we have mostly Joko, 5 Roses as being our favourites here. Loose tea is most common. Bags not so much as it is considered not to part good flavours. We do get in border towns tea from Zimbabwe which I happen now to like a lot - Tanganda tea - very earthy flavour.
Being of Pakistani origin...mostly whenever I happen to drink tea, it's black tea.

However I've had green tea, earl grey, etc. There's a Teavana store near my house and I love getting teas of various kinds from there. Idk if they have Teavana stores where u live...but if u happen to visit California and wanna try some delicious fancy teas...that's the place to go.

Check em out
https://www.teavana.com

P.S. though I often drink coffee too...mostly to stay awake during the day...but I prefer tea over coffee.

Don’t know how I feel about baking soda in my tea, but the Kashmiri tea looks and seems delicious.

A little baking soda is what I put when I make home made iced lemon tea in the summer (if the lemon is a bit acidic).

I've never put it in any other drink that I know.

In Lahore's Kashmiri families two things are considered blasphemy:
1. Putting sugar in Kashmiri Chai instead of salt
2. Adding soda in it while preparing it

Since I am not a Kashmiri i put one spoon of sugar and eat bakar khanis with it :-D

Jasmine tea is superb. must be boiled and then rested.

I do like this one has to be said. Some are a bit too floral, but some hit the spot good too (lot of good chinese/viet restaurants here carry a decent green jasmine tea that is supplied graciously).

Back
Top Bottom