Team USA

USA in media: Game publishing

Top selling video games 2013
100 best-selling video games of 2013 revealed | Metro News

1. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
2. FIFA 14 (EA)
3. Call Of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
4. Battlefield 4 (EA)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
6. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
7. FIFA 13 (EA)
8. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (WB Games)
9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
10. The Last Of Us (Sony)
11. Batman: Arkham Origins (WB Games)
12. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
13. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
14. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
15. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
16. BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
17. Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony)
18. Need for Speed: Rivals (EA)
19. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WB Games)
20. Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
21. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
22. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
23. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
24. Disney Infinity (Disney)
25. Lego The Lord Of The Rings (WB Games)

15 of the top 25.
hmm which side are you fighting for...
Screen shot 2014-12-05 at 7.14.10 AM.png

image.jpg

...ah cool!

Last edited:
US media: Broadway Musicals:

Broadway Musicals a Big Hit in 2013 With Overseas Travelers to NYC - Yahoo Finance

Lion King is best-selling production of all time - Channel NewsAsia

image.jpg

Nyala (R) played by Puleng March of South Africa, performs during a media preview of the Lion King musical performance in Singapore. (AFP/ROSLAN RAHMAN)

"NEW YORK: Blockbuster musical "The Lion King" was on Monday (Sep 22) named the most successful production in history, raking in US$6.2 billion (S$7.87 billion) at the box office - more than any other stage show or movie.

The earnings come from ticket sales alone and do not include merchandise, recordings or revenue from the Disney film on which it is based.

There are currently 10 productions of "The Lion King" staged around the world, including in London, New York and Tokyo.

More than 75 million people have watched nearly two dozen global productions of "The Lion King." It was the highest-grossing show on Broadway in 2013 and so far in 2014."

The Lion King (musical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Productions
1997 Minneapolis (tryout)
1997 Broadway
1998 Tokyo
1999 Japan National Tour
1999 London
2000 Toronto
2000 Los Angeles
2001 Hamburg
2002 U.S. National Tour
2003 U.S. National Tour
2003 Sydney
2004 The Hague
2006 Shanghai
2006 Seoul
2007 Johannesburg
2007 Paris
2008 Taipei
2009 Las Vegas
2011 Singapore
2011 Madrid
2012 U.K. National Tour
2013 São Paulo
2013 Sydney

Last edited:
There is much more to US power than just its military, obviously. :D

The arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Art Market Nears Record With $66 Billion in Global Sales - Bloomberg

"Global art sales approached their pre-crisis high last year, led by record prices for postwar artists and a jump in U.S. auctions.

Sales of art and antiques increased 8 percent from a year earlier to 47.4 billion euros ($65.9 billion),
The value of postwar and contemporary art transactions increased by 11 percent from 2012, reaching its highest-ever auction sales total of 4.9 billion euros as records were established for artists such as Francis Bacon, Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol. Boosted by a 25 percent increase in sales, the U.S. confirmed its position as the international art market leader, representing 38 percent of the market by volume, a 5 percentage point increase from 2012, according to the report.
“Most high priced works in postwar and contemporary art are being sold in New York, both at auctions and in dealer sales,” Clare McAndrew, a cultural economist who compiled the report, said in a telephone interview. “It’s not just the U.S. buyers. People from Latin America and Asia are buying in New York.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems that many US companies (especially financial ones) load up on artwork. My current company has multimillion dollar paintings on some of their walls. If you think I say "wow..cool" when i pass them you'd be so wrong...it's more like "meh" as they don't seem so spectacular to me.

Last edited:
One aspect worth a look is the wide variety of everyday goods available in stores, from types of eggs and milk and bread to just about every other item one could possibly need. :D

One aspect worth a look is the wide variety of everyday goods available in stores, from types of eggs and milk and bread to just about every other item one could possibly need. :D

I tried to find a video of a tour of a supermarket to highlight that in some of my previous posts but they were all terrible quality. The search goes on...

A Publix supermarket in the South somewhere:

A small Albertsons:

This guy is amazed that the U.S. devotes an entire aisle just for their pet dogs! Haha!

Last edited:
Let's start with just eggs.

Four sizes each of white and brown eggs:

Eggland's Best Eggs - Farm Fresh White Eggs

Eggland's Best Eggs - Farm Fresh Brown Eggs

Three sizes each of Cage-Free and Organic eggs:

Eggland's Best Eggs - Cage Free Eggs

Eggland's Best Eggs - Organic Eggs

And that is just one company. :D

Whatever happened to an egg being just an egg?!

I tried to find a video of a tour of a supermarket to highlight that in some of my previous posts but they were all terrible quality. The search goes on...

A Publix supermarket in the South somewhere:

A small Albertsons:

This guy is amazed that the U.S. devotes an entire aisle just for their pet dogs! Haha!

Did someone mention their food serving size?:yahoo: I was shocked when I went there. Who eats all that?!!!

Actually I did but the pdf search is not working properly.

Let's start with just eggs.

Four sizes each of white and brown eggs:

Eggland's Best Eggs - Farm Fresh White Eggs

Eggland's Best Eggs - Farm Fresh Brown Eggs

Three sizes each of Cage-Free and Organic eggs:

Eggland's Best Eggs - Cage Free Eggs

Eggland's Best Eggs - Organic Eggs

And that is just one company. :D

Whatever happened to an egg being just an egg?!

haha ok...I finally see your point.

Eggs come in either white or brown and in multiple sizes

Hmmm...guess which chicken lays which color...
Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 8.58.00 PM.png

Chicken egg sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 8.54.17 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 9.02.13 PM.png

So you have (caged, free range, or organic) brown and white in multiple egg sizes and then you can buy them in 4, 6, 12, 18, 24, and even 36 packs.

Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 9.10.37 PM.png

Even Omega 3 ones.

Last edited:
When Americans want to describe how far away a place is they always give the "distance" as a driving time rather than an actual distance.

For example saying I live 3 hours away rather than saying I live 160 miles away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom