What's new

Teacher killed on blasphemy allegation in Turbat

Kingdom come

Reaction score
Country
India

GWADAR: A teacher affiliated with a language centre was shot dead by unknown armed men on an allegation of blasphemy in Turbat town of Kech district.

Police said Abdul Rauf, 22, an English teacher, was targeted near a graveyard in the Malikabad area on Saturday when he, accompanied by some people, was going to attend a jirga of ulema to explain his position on the matter.

Sources said students of the language centre had lodged complaints with local clerics, accusing Mr Rauf of committing blasphemy during a lecture. The matter also gained traction on social media.

Sudhir Ahmed, the principal, said a group of ulema visited the language centre on Friday and listened to the students and Mr Rauf on the issue. Mr Rauf denied the allegation and insisted he did not commit blasphemy. He tendered an apology for any objectionable words on the issue.

The clerics said they would resolve the issue and asked Mr Rauf to come to the jirga, to be held in a madressah, to explain his position.

“I invited Abdul Rauf to the jirga where over 100 ulema from Turbat were present to resolve the issue amicably, but he was killed by unknown masked men before reaching the madressah,” Mufti Shah Mir said.

He said police were informed about the issue after the murder.

The teacher’s family has not lodged any case with the police. They received the body and took it to their native town, Bal Nagor area, for burial.

No one from the family is available to provide further information. However, police have registered a case against unknown individuals.

“A special police team has been constituted for a thorough investigation into the incident, considering all aspects,” District Police Officer Mohammad Baloch told Dawn on Sunday. He urged people to refrain from spreading hate statements or news on social media. The principal said Mr Rauf was studying at Turbat University and teaching English at the centre in part time.

Published in Dawn, August 7th, 2023

Why are baloch nationalists protesting against it specifically, probably belongs to their own ideology

I am lost for words. Pakistan is fckd which ever way you look at it

GWADAR: A teacher affiliated with a language centre was shot dead by unknown armed men on an allegation of blasphemy in Turbat town of Kech district.

Police said Abdul Rauf, 22, an English teacher, was targeted near a graveyard in the Malikabad area on Saturday when he, accompanied by some people, was going to attend a jirga of ulema to explain his position on the matter.

Sources said students of the language centre had lodged complaints with local clerics, accusing Mr Rauf of committing blasphemy during a lecture. The matter also gained traction on social media.

Sudhir Ahmed, the principal, said a group of ulema visited the language centre on Friday and listened to the students and Mr Rauf on the issue. Mr Rauf denied the allegation and insisted he did not commit blasphemy. He tendered an apology for any objectionable words on the issue.

The clerics said they would resolve the issue and asked Mr Rauf to come to the jirga, to be held in a madressah, to explain his position.

“I invited Abdul Rauf to the jirga where over 100 ulema from Turbat were present to resolve the issue amicably, but he was killed by unknown masked men before reaching the madressah,” Mufti Shah Mir said.

He said police were informed about the issue after the murder.

The teacher’s family has not lodged any case with the police. They received the body and took it to their native town, Bal Nagor area, for burial.

No one from the family is available to provide further information. However, police have registered a case against unknown individuals.

“A special police team has been constituted for a thorough investigation into the incident, considering all aspects,” District Police Officer Mohammad Baloch told Dawn on Sunday. He urged people to refrain from spreading hate statements or news on social media. The principal said Mr Rauf was studying at Turbat University and teaching English at the centre in part time.

Published in Dawn, August 7th, 2023
How sad ?

Thanks Generals for this.

Mullah were weaponized and radicalized during General Zia.

I want to add more Pakistan, and India future is no more than Afghanistan

If Indians are dis-agree with me, check Facebook Reels.

But my country is Pakistan,i want to say, Generals tried their best to make Pakistan a "Failed State". Politicians are just their slave.

Tweet is mentioning Baluchistan as Secular.
How Baluchistan is secular?

Pakistan facing 2 types of Terrorists:
1) Communist Terrorists (BLA like Baloch groups)
2) Islamic Terrorists (TTP, ISIS-K and Sectarian Mullah groups)

Last edited:
Thanks Generals for this.

Mullah were weaponized and radicalized during General Zia.

I want to add more Pakistan, and India future is no more than Afghanistan

If Indians are dis-agree with me, check Facebook Reels.

But my country is Pakistan,i want to say, Generals tried their best to make Pakistan a "Failed State". Politicians are just their slave.

That's why we need secular leadership. Only secularism is the way to move forward otherwise these incidents will continue and Pakistan will remain banana republic and no gate of Justice!

Back
Top Bottom