What's new

TEA fixes regulations to promote solar power production

@silko and Ottoman-Turk

1) nuclear energy comes with waste management problems
2) unless we start uranium enrichment immediately we will be buying nuclear fuel from outside of country
3) operating nuclear power plants doesn't give you know-how about making nuclear bombs

We should use nuclear energy as a last resort. We have enough neatural reasources but we are not using them. We should invest money on solar and wind panels instead of nuclear.

And @what is right, thorium reactors are way more advanced, new generation nuclear plants will be using thorium as fuel.

@silko and Ottoman-Turk

1) nuclear energy comes with waste management problems
2) unless we start uranium enrichment immediately we will be buying nuclear fuel from outside of country
3) operating nuclear power plants doesn't give you know-how about making nuclear bombs

We should use nuclear energy as a last resort. We have enough neatural reasources but we are not using them. We should invest money on solar and wind panels instead of nuclear.

And @what is right, thorium reactors are way more advanced, new generation nuclear plants will be using thorium as fuel.

i never claimed that nuclear plants give you a bomb.

waist management can be solved, even Germany that has phased out it's nuclear plants take waist from France to be burried in the ground.

i'd rather we use nuclear energy than oil and gas wich we have to import constantly since we aren't blessed with it. uranium enrichment we can do after some thime but we can never get fossil fuel from our soil in thousands of years.

agreed that solar energy should be utilized, that doesn't mean nuclear energy shouldn't be a option.

For more information on Throium reactors.

Acording to estimes of International Atomic Agency, Turkey has the one of the largest thorium reserves in all world but unfourtanately our technolgy isn't high enough to use it. Maybe in next 50 years :/

Last edited by a moderator:
@silko
I never claimed you claimed :) Ottoman-Turk however, claimed

You can't bury nuclear waste in ground sooner or later they will effect life. You have to look after this waste and we are talking about hundereds and thousands of years here untill nuclear waste stops threatening the living.

I don't like using coal and gas either but at least they don't have a meltdown risk

Agreed nuclear energy should be an option... but the last option after we rule out the others.

and@deno, thanks for the informative video

@silko

You can't bury nuclear waste in ground sooner or later they will effect life. You have to look after this waste and we are talking about hundereds and thousands of years here untill nuclear waste stops threatening the living.

I don't like using coal and gas either but at least they don't have a meltdown risk

Agreed nuclear energy should be an option... but the last option after we rule out the others.

and@deno, thanks for the informative video

It was What who posted the video, I only quoted him and added a little indormation to his helpfull post. :) But thank anyway
I am always open for appreciation even if its not my right to take it. :oops::partay:

@silko

the meltdown risk is very little, as years go technology develeops and there will be better ways to protect earth from nuclear waste. and who knows, maybe in future we can send them to space or some other planet?

the risk is small, i'd rather smell fresh air and be able to fish and walk in the park instead of bad air, acid rain etc. and have oil platforms explode and spill oil wich will harm animal's in sea.

nuclear energy pollutes less than fossil fuel. on average if every human in this world was to use nuclear energy the pollute would be equivalent to the size of a tennis ball for every person. the same can't be said about fossil fuel.

c' mon!!! nuclear energy is the most natural form of energy! the whole universe is a damn nuclear reactor anyway! :devil:

c' mon!!! nuclear energy is the most natural form of energy! the whole universe is a damn nuclear reactor anyway! :devil:

Nuclear is natural? So does Black Holes...

I don't want to be anywhere near it and if possible pretty much millions of light years away. :cry::argh:

I think thermic power plants working with coal must be closed immediately and we must start to invest on solar power.

I also think we have enough double roads by now we should stop investing on roads immediately and start renovating the hundered years old railroad system to reduce oil addictiveness of our country.

I also think electrical and hybrid cars' shouldn't be obliged to pay ÖTV(Special Consumption Tax) just raising fuel prices won't help this. We already have the world's highest fuel prices in here.

Long distance travelers use smuggled fuel or less quality oil which is way, way more polluting. This problem also needs solving by better law-enforcement and lowered fuel prices.

Why Turkiye needs nuclear energy?

• In order to meet her rapidly increased energy needs, Turkiye must have nuclear energy (Presently Turkiye is the 16th largest economy in the world and her economy grows every year. Also In parallel with urbanization and industrialization, energy demand has been rapidly growing)

• In order to reduce her external dependence on energy (Turkiye today use 38% oil, 27% coal, 23% natural gas, 12% hydroelectric energy to generate energy. 74% of Turkiye`s total primary energy supply (TPES) is imported)

• In order to reduce the cost of electricity (According to OECD Turkiye is using most expensive electricity after Italy and Japon).

• In order to become a regional and then global power Turkiye needs nuclear power (Turkiye is the only country who does not have nuclear energy among the largest 18th economies in the world)

• Additional info- Pakistan is the only muslim country who has only one nuclear power station among the 442 nuclear power station in the world.

These are the reasons that I know why Turkiye needs nuclear energy. You may have other reasons to add this list.

The world has been polluted more than enough to be honest. On the other hand, nuclear technology has strategic value in international relations. I think we need both, but we should always strive to increase the amount of renewable energy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom