What's new

Taseer should have been more balanced, careful: Sharif

With due respect I must correct you, I dont need to be a Mufti to conclude that that the murder of Solomon Taseer was a crime.
And I am very sorry to disagree with you that I don’t have a right to quote Holy Quran & Hadith along with Islamic historic events to make my point. I got this very right when I was born and when I recited the kalmia Tayabah.. and every time I call my Allah and every time I recite the Darood o Salam to my holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

You see, this is the difference in Islam from other religions where the priests, shamans and monks monopolise their religion and decide the fate of the people. In Islam its an open invitation by Allah and His Holy Prophet PBUH to learn and investigate.

I don’t think the call of the Holy Quran “Tohifu Fi’ Deen” is only restricted to Mullah Asraf Thanwi and the elite clergy of Tehrik Ahl Sunnat.

I am afraid that you will have to accept this trend of quoting Holy Quran and Hadith from us commoners because the mind sent of people who are glorifying the killer are already dismissing the law of the land.

Going by the definition of Blasphemy set by the zealots of Mumtaz Qadri, you are committing blasphemy by saying that use of Holy Quran and Hadith is unacceptable.

By the way did you realise that by doing this you have actually confirmed and agreed with what Solomon Taseer was saying? He was pointing out at the misuse of the law and he paid the price with his life for that.

No wonder the so called Muslim scholars of this time have lost the respect because they have different set of rules for themselves from others.

with all due respect,

you have all the right in the world to quote Quran & Hadith but you, me or any other unqualified person has no right to give the interpretation which suits one's personal viewpoint.

InshaAllah, i will accept your right to interpret when you completely go through Islamic studies and earn a degree in this respect. Till than, you can give the interpretation of any qualified Scholar to back your viewpoint.

you know that 'neem hakeem' is always 'khatara'e Jan'.

i have asked 100's of questions about Islam, to date, nobody has accused me of blasphemy. :rolleyes:

You probably never touched Blasphemy Law issue,

God is too great to bother these minor issues. Poster phaar diya 25 saal saza... Qur'an ko touch kar diya 25 saal saza

Allah says in the Holy Qur'an
[018:109]Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."

Allah ne logon ko apni Ibadat ke liye paida kiya (as per the Holy Qur'an) - uski shaan main kya qami aa jaye gi agar koi poster phaar de? He is ever exalted, he does not peoples to higher his status. He is already the greatest of all. But unfortunately this simple logic can't be understood by our desi Mullah's

Abu Basit,

Brother, who is we in your comments?

Islamic system or not, when you say that you are not bothered and don't care whoever gets killed, is that not contrary to Islam?
This is not the way to bring a positive change and changes cannot be overnight.

If one is open to discussion, they can absorb a lot more ideas and have much better perspective on how to keep a balance which is especially necessary when trying to change the system for better or to run the country.
I am all for a true Islamic system, but when i see the Islamic movements/parties currently in my country and how they behave...i would rather not see them come to power and ruin the name of Islam.
They are never open to discussion over trivial matters even leave alone sensitive matters.
Their knee jerk reactions and open damage to public property when protesting over all matters is always an ugly sight to see, especially since they claim to be Islamic.

Barring a few Ulema, most of the clergy and religious parties are happy to make huge issues out of little things and keep the people in a state of frenzy, this ofcourse gives them power over the Mob and that is their endgame sadly.

Wassalam
AG

brother,
there's no such thing as "keeping Balance", the man made secular system & the divine Islamic system can't co-exist and there can't be any balance like "A'dha teetar a'dha batair"

We as Muslims have no such thing as free will when it comes to governing a system of life, we as the vicegerent of Allah swt' on earth are entrusted with the Amanat to govern our lives with the divine laws which came to us through Prophet Muhammad Saw'. Our way of living is defined by few set of rules say within a circle, in this circle/radius, one is free to discuss any matter but when one crosses the set radius/circle, there will be no compromise!

i didn't said that i'm not bothered at who ever gets killed, what i said is " i'm not bothered with the death of a person who openly mocks Islamic laws and is working on secular's agenda"

in your view there's nobody in Pakistan representing true Islam so you are comfortable with the status quo which has destroyed Pakistan, very strange argument!

You probably never touched Blasphemy Law issue,

and why should i be touching the Blasphemy Law when i have complete faith in the ijma of Sahabas & pious Imams.

The proper implementation is the responsibility of the state. When we have rashi/zani/dakaits in our administration, don't expect proper implementation of any law.

and if people have some issues, the proper way is to sit with qualified Scholars and talk with them instead of doing bad'mashi like mr taseer did.

Although some people like Irfan Baloch and All-Green have already very good explanations on why the murder of Salman Taseer is incorrect, I will add a few points of my own.

(1) The ulema who don't publicly declare suicide bombing as haram which has been by ijma declared as such in almost all school of thoughts including in Saudi Arabia but hold on to the Zia-ul-Haq version of the Blasphemy law as descended from the heaven and say it can't be changed are being hypocrites. The Law can be amended from misuse.
Infact, the idea of the law should apply to ALL religions. Islam teaches us to respect all religions even though you may not believe in them
In this respect, the law should provide protection from disrespect or insulting behaviour shown to the Quran or the Prophet, or Churhes and their Crosses or Bibles and so on to other religions just as this was done during the the early Khalifas

(2) The problem is the Pakistani version of law (which is not revealed from the heaven but is man-made) is vague on what consitutes blasphemy and is liable to misuse. Is it not surprising then that there is a recent case of Blasphemy charges on a Mosque imam, son jailed for life. Does that make sense that an Imam of the mosque would be "blasphemous"? And that too get conivted in court?

(3) The aim of Islam is not to establish a political "Islamic state" and then impelment "shariah laws" top down on the populace with the state controlled by the clerics. This has never been part of traditional Islam. Infact, this concept is a very recent phenomenon first stipulated by the works of Maududi and Syed Qutb and follows the very idea of Marxist class revolution. Islam should be in the lives of the people,the community and when the people have the values of Islam like honesty, kindness, keeping their promises, protection to minorities, saying no to corruption, then automatically the society will have Islamic values

(4) Takfeer is a very serious crime in Islam. Ulema have traditionally been very cautious in this and always refrained from declaring this. However, recent events show that this has become a habit and the misguided people/mullas are following the footsteps of the Kharijis by declaring anyone Kafir just for disagreeing with them. As some Pakistani Ulema have said, even if Taseer had taken a wrong stand, murdering him in cold blood was wrong. Infact, I would say that not only was it haram, by saying that this was done in the name of the Prophet (SAW) is misguided and blasphemous in itself because nowhere did ST afaik insulted the Prophet himself.

(5) Secularism is not anti-religion. It is treating all religious adherent equal in the eyes of the state. There is nothing anti-religion about it and it will in no way alter the Muslim character of Pakistan because it is 95% muslim in any case.

brother,
there's no such thing as "keeping Balance", the man made secular system & the divine Islamic system can't co-exist and there can't be any balance like "A'dha teetar a'dha batair"

We as Muslims have no such thing as free will when it comes to governing a system of life, we as the vicegerent of Allah swt' on earth are entrusted with the Amanat to govern our lives with the divine laws which came to us through Prophet Muhammad Saw'. Our way of living is defined by few set of rules say within a circle, in this circle/radius, one is free to discuss any matter but when one crosses the set radius/circle, there will be no compromise!

i didn't said that i'm not bothered at who ever gets killed, what i said is " i'm not bothered with the death of a person who openly mocks Islamic laws and is working on secular's agenda"

in your view there's nobody in Pakistan representing true Islam so you are comfortable with the status quo which has destroyed Pakistan, very strange argument!

Salaams

A balanced approach is now deemed Un Islamic?
Did i say to strike a balance between Islam and Kuffar?
Please do not take things out of context in your eagerness, i too am a student of Islam and am eager to learn.

The Prophet Muhammad PBUH asked us to be moderate and that is my aim in life, i am not saying that we forgive all the criminals and law breakers, moderation translates into avoiding extremes and keeping a balance.
A balanced person would listen to others and present logic and evidence to counter their argument instead of jumping up and down and branding them kaffir, which sadly happens a lot in our country.

I am just trying to break the myth that 295 C is something which cannot be discussed, reviewed or amended.

I am calling for a balanced approach towards discussing matters of significance like interpretation of Islamic laws and rulings, instead of just saying that follow the Shariah and be done with it.
It is very easy to say that follow the Shariah but who is going to interpret the Islamic law when giving rulings etc.?
Is it not a human judge who has to do this job?
Islamic law is based on directives of Quran and Hadith, and cannot be implemented without Human interpretation of Quran and Hadith.
The human interpretation of the directives of Quran and Hadith would have to be made into laws which can be used in the courts.
These laws can also be amended to cater for changing times and new means of evidence etc. that is not prohibited in Islam.

Now 295 C is written by humans.
Or you would have me believe that 295 C was not drafted by humans?

So if i say that the law should be reviewed, it is not Kuffar or Blasphemy that i am uttering but a review of the Human interpretation of a Quranic directive and a human made law in light of the directive.
Of course we should call in the Judges, Muftis and Ulema and discuss each and every detail about this law and how it can be improved to meet the directive of both Surah Al Maidah and to ensure that there is no discrepancy between the Quran's directive and the judicial and legal interpretation.
If the judiciary and the Ulema, Muftis agree on some improvement then it shall not be blasphemy.

I clearly mentioned the case where this law was changed by FSC ruling which said that imprisonment was repugnant to Islam and so now 295 C only awards death punishment despite being 4 possible punishments as per Surah Al Maidah.
A religious debate is not a bad thing or a sin and certainly 295 C can be reviewed to see whether indeed it needs to be modified in order to better meet the directives of Quran and ensure that there is a clear interpretation of this directive in the legal system.

If 295 C is a word to word copy of some authentic Hadith or Quran only then it cannot be subject to amendment, otherwise discussing this law and getting it reviewed from the various Ulemas/Muftis all over the world will not be akin to crossing the Hadd which Allah has set on us.

My concern is to safeguard the name of Islam which is a very just and fair way of life, i am not saying that i want a society where people mock (Nauz u Billah) Allah and His Prophet PBUH, however i do not want us to create a mindset which causes people to associate Islam with murder instead of justice and salvation.
The increasing tendency in Muslim youth to become a holy avenger who takes law into their own hands shall not lead to the Islamic society we envision.

Do i say I am comfortable with status quo in our country which is destroying it?
Indeed a strange argument considering the fact that i did not say such a thing!

I am not at all comfortable with all what happens here, however i am not a fool to believe that i should expect the likes of Fazl Ur Rehman or Qazi Hussain to change this status quo.
On one hand these people apologize for TTP which is actually doing all what is mentioned as the capital offence as per Surah Al Maidah by killing Muslims in cold blood even in mosques, but on the other hand they go after Taseer as if he is the biggest threat to Islam.

Should I put my lot in with the TTP and ilk who are more willing on killing Muslims in the name of Islam?
How this helps reform the society towards an Islamic system is beyond my comprehension as a Muslim.

I would rather put my faith in Imran Khan for some change in this country, even if he is not a seasoned politician like Nawaz, Fazl Ur Rehman etc. At least he is honest.
More than anything, we need simple honesty at this stage and i shall support the most honest person i see to change things.

and why should i be touching the Blasphemy Law when i have complete faith in the ijma of Sahabas & pious Imams.

The proper implementation is the responsibility of the state. When we have rashi/zani/dakaits in our administration, don't expect proper implementation of any law.

and if people have some issues, the proper way is to sit with qualified Scholars and talk with them instead of doing bad'mashi like mr taseer did.

Salaams

One thing which i shall like to comment upon here, if Taseer did badmashi instead of doing some research and sitting with qualified scholars, does the reverse also not hold true as well?
Did the Muftis and Scholars meet him to discuss the right and wrong of his argument?
Did they take him to court, especially since there is a law regarding Blasphemy?
Did the Mullah brigade not actually prove the uselessness of Article 295 C when even all the luminaries of our political/non political Islamic parties did not go to court against Taseer and instead chose to launch their workers in the streets to protest?

We saw a lot of agitation by the Mullah brigade to ignite the sentiments of the people, in this are the protesting Mullahs and the religious parties also not guilty that they have no power to communicate their feelings and thoughts on such matters and only have to restore to street power?
Does this not add to the ignorance spreading in the Muslims that the answer to everything is violence and nothing can be gained through other means?

Now was Taseer legally accused and then charged for Blasphemy in the court?
Let us say he was accused, charged and found guilty but used immunity to get away then i can understand the anger in such a case, however i fail to understand the level of agitation perpetrated by our Religious custodians without taking Taseer to court or holding any grand meeting with him in order to convince him of any folly in his views or mannerism.
After all the first duty of an Alim-e-Din should be to guide people back on the right path if they are committing a folly, even if it is someone like Taseer.

it is heartwarming to see people with liberal views and who are brave enough to come out with it. those who commit murder in the name of god are nothing more than cowards and more so are the ppl who defend them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom