What's new

Taseer murder case: Qadri sentenced to death

And the fact the he kept smiling after killing Taseer and how people went and showered him with flowers is just despicable. If Pakistanis did not want Taseer to reform blasphemy laws, then they should have went in a democratic fashion and forced him to resign fire. And if they can't stand Zardari's government (which they have voted in themselves), then why don't they get off their hypocritical *****, protest and force him out. But instead, they choose to hide behind criminals like Mumtaz and expect them to go ahead and kill government officials who are not the main cause of the ruination of the country. Killing Taseer has achieved nothing - it has only showed Pakistanis in a bad light around the world (once again).

Pakistan really needs to cut back on its trigger happen death sentencing.

Qadri - was guilty of murder and of a heinous nature that he justified it with religion.

I'm glad he wasn't exonerated but I am opposed to the death penalty.

Last man executed was three years ago. Moratorium on death penalty remains intact. Until there's the law, the Judge will give death penalties. The government can, and as it is doing, refuse from carrying them out and converting them into life sentences legally if possible. If not, delay on black warrants issued routinely, as they are for the more than 7,000 condemned prisoners in our jails right now.

Last man executed was three years ago. Moratorium on death penalty remains intact. Until there's the law, the Judge will give death penalties. The government can, and as it is doing, refuse from carrying them out and converting them into life sentences legally if possible. If not, delay on black warrants issued routinely, as they are for the more than 7,000 condemned prisoners in our jails right now.

death penalties are justified for certain crimes...why abolish it?
who wouldnt want a child murderer like javed iqbal to be executed?

Death penalty is a quick and easy way out for a murderer. That's why in opposed to it. if someone really deserves to be executed for their crimes, why are you giving him a quick and easy death.

The mob that beat the sialkot brothers to death, paraded their bodies around the city, and they get to die so easily. Hows that fair. Why not give (murders) them life sentence so for the rest of their lives they live with the burden of their crime. They think every minute of why they ended there in the first place. Plenty of time to do the thinking and fighting their guilt. And for a special deserving few, they can be given a very large number of years of sentence, say 25 years, and then death penalty. Keep thinking about your death for 25 years.

if given a death penalty i think its enough punishment for some one to live with for the rest of his life- that is left of course-

death penalties are justified for certain crimes...why abolish it?
who wouldnt want a child murderer like javed iqbal to be executed?

peace loving people :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Death penalty is a quick and easy way out for a murderer. That's why in opposed to it. if someone really deserves to be executed for their crimes, why are you giving him a quick and easy death.

not for those people who believe in hell

Justice has been done and ow the other fanatics will think twice before they decide to take the life of an innocent person.

The mob that beat the sialkot brothers to death, paraded their bodies around the city, and they get to die so easily. Hows that fair. Why not give (murders) them life sentence so for the rest of their lives they live with the burden of their crime. They think every minute of why they ended there in the first place. Plenty of time to do the thinking and fighting their guilt. And for a special deserving few, they can be given a very large number of years of sentence, say 25 years, and then death penalty. Keep thinking about your death for 25 years.

Justice and revenge are not the two sides of the same coin.

Justice has been done and ow the other fanatics will think twice before they decide to take the life of an innocent person.

Justice and revenge are not the two sides of the same coin.

i think his death will make him a martyer in the eyes of others and who knows his grave will be shrine i the future, put him in jail for life with all sort of punishment. these types of people dont care about death as long as they go to Behesht(their perception anyway).

I am not sure but I read it somewhere in law that a murderer who surrenders himself willingly, cannot be sentenced to capital punishment. I am against the death penalty.

Well May God forgive that poor soul who became a victim of extremist propaganda .... I really feel for Qadri but the decision of the court is absolutely right !!!!

if he was a young person then you could be right, but he was a grown up man, he could well evaluate his actions before he commited that crimes.

i think his death will make him a martyer in the eyes of others and who knows his grave will be shrine i the future, put him in jail for life with all sort of punishment. these types of people dont care about death as long as they go to Behesht(their perception anyway).

yes thats why I wanted him to be sent to Las Vegas as a punishment :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom