What's new

Taliban won’t get involved in Kashmir: Says former RAW chief

AUQIB JAVEED

JUL 15, 2021 / 11:00 AM IST

What matters is what is acceptable to New Delhi and Kashmir, which ultimately Pakistan will have to accept, says the old spymaster AS Dulat in an exclusive interview; dialogue is the only way forward, he says.

As a quixotic, classical spymaster, Amarjit Singh Dulat, might have lost his swagger in the BJP government’s ever-evolving statecraft of ‘offensive defence’, but the ‘old Kashmir hand’ still counts on his conventional assets and traditional methods for the way forward in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).

His famous ‘Dulat Doctrine’ was one of the cornerstones of India’s Kashmir policy in the troubled decade of the 1990s and even beyond. His views, therefore, merit special consideration, with the government of India recently breaking political ice in the Kashmir Valley.

The erstwhile Chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB), believes talks is the only way forward in Kashmir, which is currently being managed with the help of military muscle, especially after the abrogation of Jammu and Kashmir’s semi-autonomous status.

“Whatever happened on August 5, 2019, the people of Kashmir were disappointed with it,” says Dulat. “I think the Centre should restore the statehood for Jammu and Kashmir. Kashmir’s mainstream leaders are demanding it before the elections. This is a genuine demand, which will help to carry forward the dialogue,” he said in an exclusive interview.

Amid this internal politicking, Dulat reckons that the rise of the turbaned force in Afghanistan will not have any bearing on the Kashmir Valley. “Taliban will now seek international recognition, including from India. Why would they get involved in Kashmir,” he reasons.

In a candid chat, the former Secretary of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) delves upon Kashmir, Kabul and the crisis within.

- PRTP GWD

Wrong and wrong and wrong, just watch and see what happens and futhermore, the more your stupid gov and armed forces try to be bollywood hero's the more you will call them to come attack you not just in kashmir but else where in india so best to keep your beeks at home and mind your own business.

AUQIB JAVEED

JUL 15, 2021 / 11:00 AM IST

What matters is what is acceptable to New Delhi and Kashmir, which ultimately Pakistan will have to accept, says the old spymaster AS Dulat in an exclusive interview; dialogue is the only way forward, he says.

As a quixotic, classical spymaster, Amarjit Singh Dulat, might have lost his swagger in the BJP government’s ever-evolving statecraft of ‘offensive defence’, but the ‘old Kashmir hand’ still counts on his conventional assets and traditional methods for the way forward in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).

His famous ‘Dulat Doctrine’ was one of the cornerstones of India’s Kashmir policy in the troubled decade of the 1990s and even beyond. His views, therefore, merit special consideration, with the government of India recently breaking political ice in the Kashmir Valley.

The erstwhile Chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB), believes talks is the only way forward in Kashmir, which is currently being managed with the help of military muscle, especially after the abrogation of Jammu and Kashmir’s semi-autonomous status.

“Whatever happened on August 5, 2019, the people of Kashmir were disappointed with it,” says Dulat. “I think the Centre should restore the statehood for Jammu and Kashmir. Kashmir’s mainstream leaders are demanding it before the elections. This is a genuine demand, which will help to carry forward the dialogue,” he said in an exclusive interview.

Amid this internal politicking, Dulat reckons that the rise of the turbaned force in Afghanistan will not have any bearing on the Kashmir Valley. “Taliban will now seek international recognition, including from India. Why would they get involved in Kashmir,” he reasons.

In a candid chat, the former Secretary of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) delves upon Kashmir, Kabul and the crisis within.

- PRTP GWD

good ..

so easier to sell to modi to abandon northern alliance government,

Why just Kashmir, the Taliban shouldn't get involved in Afghanistan as well. We have seen pictures of Afghan women getting armed to repel the Taliban.

You better raise voice for Indian women getting raped on streets every day.

You better raise voice for Indian women getting raped on streets every day.

Agreed. But it is two sides of the same coin : women getting gang raped or women getting stoned to death or lynched.

Agreed. But it is two sides of the same coin : women getting gang raped or women getting stoned to death or lynched.
who lynches women in afg?

thats speciality of your folks

I am not defending what Talibans are doing, they are barbaric. But charity must start from home.

trust.. this is not a talban thing ..it will be there regardless talban are in power or not.
It exists in Pakistan as well to some extent
Again this was once in a blue moon event ..not like india

The Taliban is just a manifestation of some of the traditional culture in Afghanistan. @Mentee said yesterday that the Taliban are just using Islam to propagate their own values.

And even when the Taliban are not ruling the country at the center they already are not only giving out unjust fatwas but are also already doing this kind of things :
KABUL: The last thing 33-year-old Khatera saw were the three men on a motorcycle who attacked her just after she left her job at a police station in Afghanistan's central Ghazni province, shooting at her and stabbing her with a knife in the eyes.

Waking up in hospital, everything was dark.

"I asked the doctors, why I can't see anything? They told me that my eyes are still bandaged because of the wounds. But at that moment, I knew my eyes had been taken from me," she said.

She and local authorities blame the attack on Taliban militants - who deny involvement – and say the assailants acted on a tip-off from her father who vehemently opposed her working outside the home.

For Khatera, the attack caused not just the loss of her sight but the loss of a dream she had battled to achieve - to have an independent career. She joined the Ghazni police as an officer in its crime branch a few months ago.

"I wish I had served in police at least a year. If this had happened to me after that, it would have been less painful. It happened too soon ... I only got to work and live my dream for three months," she told Reuters.

The attack on Khatera, who only uses one name, is indicative of a growing trend, human rights activists say, of an intense and often violent backlash against women taking jobs, especially in public roles. In Khatera's case, being a police officer could have also angered the Taliban.

The rights activists believe a mix of Afghanistan's conservative social norms and an emboldened Taliban gaining influence while the United States withdraws its troops from the country is driving the escalation.

@Mentee said yesterday that the Taliban are just using Islam to propagate their own values

Jamahir bhai i said they may want to impose their culture and not they will .as after all those years of confrontation they might have come to senses to pick a modest approach to administer kabul

Jamahir bhai i said they may want to impose their culture and not they will .as after all those years of confrontation they might have come to senses to pick a modest approach to administer kabul

Modest... I doubt. There was a thread with pictures of Afghan women carrying weapons to act against Taliban. But you and I have the opportunity to write remotely. I really sympathize with the innocent Afghans. On one side is a mismanaging government, on the other side is Taliban. :sad:

The Taliban is just a manifestation of some of the traditional culture in Afghanistan. @Mentee said yesterday that the Taliban are just using Islam to propagate their own values.

And even when the Taliban are not ruling the country at the center they already are not only giving out unjust fatwas but are also already doing this kind of things :
then you probably dont know what the non-talban are doing to women in the countryside. these warlords are worst scums when it comes to treating human beings

Modest... I doubt. There was a thread with pictures of Afghan women carrying weapons to act against Taliban. But you and I have the opportunity to write remotely. I really sympathize with the innocent Afghans. On one side is a mismanaging government, on the other side is Taliban. :sad:

So when will indian so called "Muslim" women start carrying guns to stop hindu radicals from raping them in front of their husbands and forcing them to convert to hinduism?............ :azn:

PLEASE NOTE:

The Taliban have just defeated and kicked out the biggest, most powerful and advanced military superpower in the ENTIRE history of mankind + nato/25 other nations. In the meantime, indian so called "Muslim" men are too weak and powerless from stopping their wives and other female relatives from being raped, murdered and forced to convert to hinduism. indian so called "Muslim" men are eunuchs and indian hindu slaves. YOU People are too inferior and worthless to be compared to the glorious holy warriors of the Afghan Taliban. You indian so called "Muslims" are so inferior and worthless compared to the Afghan Taliban that it CANNOT even be measured.....8-)

then you probably dont know what the non-talban are doing to women in the countryside. these warlords are worst scums when it comes to treating human beings

I don't know too much about the warlords except for two things :

1. In the 1990s before the Taliban took over, the warlords were fighting amongst themselves.

2. One of the warlords, Dostum, formerly allied with the Afghan DRA government, was the one who betrayed Najibulllah who was then captured by the Taliban and tortured to death.

So when will indian so called "Muslim" women start carrying guns to stop hindu radicals from raping them in front of their husbands and forcing them to convert to hinduism?............ :azn:

The Indian Muslim women across a few places in the country came out on the streets for protest against the CAA act in 2019-20. For example, please search for "Shaheen Bagh protest Delhi".

PLEASE NOTE:

The Taliban have just defeated and kicked out the biggest, most powerful and advanced military superpower in the ENTIRE history of mankind + nato/25 other nations.

NATO was never fighting the Taliban whole-heartedly. After all, the Western governments were the ones to help in the establishment and furtherance of the Taliban much like Israel did with Hamas in Palestine.

A full NATO war would be like happened with Libya in 2011 with regular NATO armies, air forces, navies and special forces invading along with thousands of non-government elements.

I don't know too much about the warlords except for two things :

1. In the 1990s before the Taliban took over, the warlords were fighting amongst themselves.

2. One of the warlords, Dostum, formerly allied with the Afghan DRA government, was the one who betrayed Najibulllah who was then captured by the Taliban and tortured to death.

The Indian Muslim women across a few places in the country came out on the streets for protest against the CAA act in 2019-20. For example, please search for "Shaheen Bagh protest Delhi".

NATO was never fighting the Taliban whole-heartedly. After all, the Western governments were the ones to help in the establishment and furtherance of the Taliban much like Israel did with Hamas in Palestine.

A full NATO war would be like happened with Libya in 2011 with regular NATO armies, air forces, navies and special forces invading along with thousands of non-government elements.

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that did not happen in Afghanistan?????????............ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ...........NOT only are your kind eunuchs but you also have low IQs.............:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom