What's new

Taliban reject 2014 pullout, vows to keep fighting

I failed to understand what exactly US has achieved from this war ????

Those achievements are still to be achieved in another several years. It is a long term and complex undertaking, with implications far beyond the immediate geographical area.

Those achievements are still to be achieved in another several years. It is a long term and complex undertaking, with implications far beyond the immediate geographical area.

True:tup: ,totaly agree, we may not c it now... But this will have a long term impact....

Sir do you know if we come up with complex undertaking and its implication the neo-cons neo-liberals and their bharti groupies start crying "conspiracy theory" ;) so thats why i asked about the immediate targets which they sold to their public for these wars

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I know the answer of your question and even you know this too...;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ignorance

I would have if Pakistan Army had invaded another country. so far we are operating in our own country just like India did in Mezoram
It does not matter where you fight the war... wars are fought against ideologies and your questioning the US fighting the war in Afghanistan has the same reason as to why the Pakistan Army is fighting it within your own territory. At the end of the day both are fighting for the same cause.. and that is what matters.

wars are fought against ideologies and your questioning the US fighting the war in Afghanistan has the same reason as to why the Pakistan Army is fighting it within your own territory. At the end of the day both are fighting for the same cause.. and that is what matters

So all wars are in essence religious wars - and you then go on to suggest that US war in Afghanistan and the Fauj warring on insurrectionists are really the same cause, as if coreligionists united against the "other" -- it's an interesting formulation, sure to provoke many a nightmare among Pakistani readers, once they internalize it, that is.

So all wars are in essence religious wars - and you then go on to suggest that US war in Afghanistan and the Fauj warring on insurrectionists are really the same cause, as if coreligionists united against the "other" -- it's an interesting formulation, sure to provoke many a nightmare among Pakistani readers, once they internalize it, that is.
I didn't say religious wars... I clearly said ideological war. Both are different.

Both the wars... US war in Afghanistan and the Pakistani war within its borders are ideological wars.. rather than political wars. I think the Iraq war was a political war and not ideological unlike the Afghan war which is a war against the Taliban ideologies... and it's inherent threat to the rest of the civilized world.

I see no threat from Pakistani readers who believe that such ideologies of extremism must be exterminated before it makes its inroads into the civilized society.

When something is very long term and complex, it is simply an ill defined mission with too many moving parts. Game theory requires simpler scenarios in smaller modules that can be brought togather under one general purpose.

And religion is not ideology, is it? Indian posters must actually read something other than Wiki.

Do you believe in the Taliban ideology? (not equating with religion here...just asking the way of thought)

People say US lost ... but they forget that Afghanistan has been ****** slapped to rock age .... !!!

US objective has been only one thing - boost its defence industry by playing crackers in some foreign land. Once they are done with Afghanistan they will defntly come to another country within one or two years.
Just wait for the republicans to come to power :P

That's plain unfair - so many US and Western interests have tried to "save" (as in salvation, in the religious sense) Afghanistan from being Afghan - just because US policy has been wrong and failed does not mean they actually started out wanting for it to be so.

Do you believe in the Taliban ideology?

If you are going to engage me, you had better come up with stuff that actually makes sense and which I can take seriously - you had a really interesting idea, but you did not even realize it - you could have played as a ummah, infidel angle, a curious bedfellows angle, a variety of ways -- Dr. Sir Karl Popper, perhaps of the two most important thinkers of the 20th century says at the wars of the 20th century have been ideological and therefore essentially wars of religion - now, it can be that he is wrong, but he's not wrong about the terms - in Pakistan it is for sure, a war or religion, it's about what does it mean to be a Muslim, and in Afghanistan it's exactly the same, the ideological motivation of the Talib is what, again??

You don't have find yourself on the opposing side just because you are an Indian, but if you enjoy being on the opposing side, as I do, then bring your best stuff, your best most creative arguments I'm open to persuasion, but you had better be good.

Another Country forced to eat Dirt in Afghanistan.. Hence, Afghanistan maintains its reputation for being the Graveyard of Superpowers.. So USA just announced its gonna start withdrawing from Afghanistan in 2011 and gonna end up completely withdrawing by 2013.

Hah great news for the Taliban and because Taliban is comprised mainly of the Afghan people so good news for the Afghans in general.

A huge power Vaccum is be left which we all know is gonna be filled by who ;)

cheers guys. Good times ahead for Pakistan

At least this will put an end to the Insurgency Problem in Pakistan and the frequent incidents of terrorism.

Have not the doubters consistently relied on, in the absence of the truth, rumors, propaganda and conspiracy theories regarding the US progress in Afghanistan. As the events have continued to unfold since 9/11 verifiable information is easily separated from these school children’s rumors, propaganda and conspiracy theories. US and NATO forces continue with Afghan civilian and military to progress towards democracy and prosperity with an unprecedented reformation. In 2006, only 36 schools were operating in the Uruzgan Province and now 250 schools have opened with more than 1,100 teachers and 425 trainees.

Progress in Afghanistan Highlighted by Business Growth, Job Creation and New Infrastructure Projects

More females are attending schools, job growth, new factories and a rising economy is leading the nation towards prosperity. Afghanistan, once a country with one of the highest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world has just received a new women’s health clinic in Paktika.

Afghanistan Seeks To Further Reduce High Maternal Mortality Rate - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty 2010

Do you consider this “forced to eat dirt” or helping a nation rebuild? The announcement of “2014” has created another opportunity for Taliban mouthpiece to start a propaganda and term it as a failure in Afghanistan, when in fact “2014” simply suggests, it is not an “endless war for US” and everything is getting done according to the plan. “2014 withdrawal” clearly indicates our future plans and alerts our troops about the ongoing transition to full Afghan Security Forces responsibility; so they can independently protect the people and serve the common good, in agreement with the government of Afghanistan.

The War on Terrorism (WOT) has become a global war and the threat lies over many nations across the world. Pakistan in particular has witnessed homegrown insurgency become a potent threat and the terrorist continue to create civilian casualties along with attacks on government officials and buildings; All part of the Taliban ideology of hatred and terrorist evil doers who attempt to destabilize the nation. The US has always recognized Pakistan as a key ally in the WOT and continues to provide billions in military aid, but Pakistan knows the terrorism is a homegrown problem and it must be eliminated from its land. The terrorist have gone to desperate measures in Pakistan by attacking Mosques, Sufi Shrine, Shopping Centers and even burning Qurans. Don’t you see that losing grip in Afghanistan has forced them to react in desperation in Pakistan? Now, should we buy into their propaganda and start believing that “this will put an end to the insurgency in Pakistan” once the US and NATO forces leave after securing Afghanistan? Pakistan must tackle the problem from its end and eliminate terrorist who continue to commit inhumane acts and claim innocent lives.

LCDR Bill Speaks

DET, United States Central Command
CENTCOM

Back
Top Bottom