What's new

Talgo Train trial

I know that very well sir, But they are not giving it for free, Its an huge amount with less interest rate i agree but still we will have to pay it back. Talgo trains need less investment and are more beneficial overall than bullet trains.[/QUOTE]

but what about the addition in GDP , Jobs , technology and if money is not being diverted from other projects just why oppose it

Talgo trains will reach from Mumbai to Delhi in 7-8 hours.....
You are calculating on basis of highest possible speed assuming that as sustained speed without any halt.
@anant_s sir you said if the trail succeeds, talgos will come up their own locos and not indian locos currently they are trailing with. can you plz tell us more about that and what is the benefit of using those locos over us?
In start, I thought these are self-hauled EMU trains because almost all of high speed trains are EMU because EMU give high accilation & no use of locomoive.
These trains are TALGO 9 series designed for Russia and Kazakhstan. Also, they will be used in the Berlin-Moscow line (June 2016). In May 2016 , this series trainset will be used for trial run in India.

In Russia they called Strizh pulled by an EP20 locomotive which is a type of 6 axle Bo'Bo'Bo' electric passenger locomotive being built for Russian Railways by Transmashholding's Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Plant. The locomotive was designed by Tekhnologii Relsovogo Transporta (TRTrans), a joint venture between Transmashholding and Alstom.
Maximum speed 200 km/h (120 mph)
Power output hourly : 7,200 kW (9,655 hp)
continuous : 6,600 kW (8,900 hp)

1024px-%D0%92%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%8B_Talgo_%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%9A%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC_%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5.jpg

I think Government should invest money to use these trains on all the main routes of India other than investing on Bullet train for now. The amount India will spend on bullet train instead can be used for these trains on about every main route of our country. Talgo can travel between 150-200 kmph and that's not bad compare to the speed of Indian trains right now, it will be a big boost for India.
Is Infosys is ready to invest some money on a roadway between my village to district headquarter, ok will Jaypee Group do same? I know that is urgent but who will do that if it will be done in near future it will done by PMGSY not any other other group.
Japan wants to invest in bullet trains not in such trains, same goes for Talgo as want to invest in such trains not in suburban or raod sector.
TALGO 250 power Car. Each RENFE TALGO 250 has 2 power cars at each end of the train.
View attachment 307818

The train is designed to go upto 250 kph (depending on track configuration and bridge structure along with availability of Signalling, section control and TPWS) without much modification of tracks (curve straightening etc)
View attachment 307819

The power cars are rated at 2400 kW (or ~3250 HP) under 25 kV AC traction. So two cars will provide an output approximately equal to that of a WAP 7 (6350 HP)

View attachment 307820

This train in Spanish configuration has 9 coaches (6 CC class, 2 First Class and 1 Pantry or Restaurant car) with a seating capacity of ~275 persons.

Now the basic advantage of using this system is that it doesnot warrant much change in rack structure which adds to cost for High speed networks. All we need is up gradation of tracks and signalling and these trains offer you semi HST travel (upto 225 kph).

Under present system of using LHB coaches with WAP 5, max trains are cleared to go are 180 kph (and 160 commercially)
View attachment 307823

View attachment 307822

WAP 5 has a speed potential to go upto 225 kph, but this will require changes in track structure and several civil modifications. These changes have already started to happen (for ex. Mathura Kota Section speed has been increased to 140 kph and several other class A routes speed have also been increased incrementally).
However Pan India change will take time and till then. TALGO 250 offers a highly cost effective solution for providing semi HST travel.
These are TALGO 9 not TALGO 250 hauled by EP20 but thanks for your information sir.
Even a proper prototype of hyperloop is not ready yet, Alon Mask gave idea of hyperloop in year 2011 i guess, it will take at least 10 years to become reality. In next 10 years, India will be a 4-5 trillion dollar economy.
Right now we should focus on these Talgo trains and other like this we can cut travel time all over India and these will take less time to setup because we don't need new track...existing tracks with some modifications are enough for them and it will be a big boost for our country.
Railway Minister said Bullet train will become reality in 2023, why don't we make every 1st and 2nd tier cities connected with these trains instead of a Bullet train?

I know that very well sir, But they are not giving it for free, Its an huge amount with less interest rate i agree but still we will have to pay it back. Talgo trains need less investment and are more beneficial overall than bullet trains.
What?
Who can complete a completely new concept(not a design) in 10 years?
Either it won't be successful or not before 2040, yes I hope it becomes successful before 2020 that would be good for humanity as will be one step ahead to become level 1 civilization.

Is Infosys is ready to invest some money on a roadway between my village to district headquarter, ok will Jaypee Group do same? I know that is urgent but who will do that if it will be done in near future it will done by PMGSY not any other other group.
Japan wants to invest in bullet trains not in such trains, same goes for Talgo as want to invest in such trains not in suburban or raod sector.
My whole point was that Indian Government should focus on these Talgo trains and other companies which can provide investment and loans for these trains and not on bullet trains for NOW. If we'll get loans for both these projects, it will be huge burden on government, that's why all i am saying is that why not focus on these trains for now which are more useful, cheap for India than bullet train.
What?
Who can complete a completely new concept(not a design) in 10 years?
Either it won't be successful or not before 2040, yes I hope it becomes successful before 2020 that would be good for humanity as will be one step ahead to become level 1 civilization.
I said it will take AT LEAST 10 years and development is really fast in Hyperloop project and it is possible to make it a reality till 2026-2030.
http://www.popsci.com/hyperloop-technologies-announces-testing-site
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/11/hyperloop-supersonic-train-test-propulsion-system

but what about the addition in GDP , Jobs , technology and if money is not being diverted from other projects just why oppose it
I am pretty sure that if we focus and spend money on Talgo kind of trains on all 1st and 2nd tier cities of India other than one route of bullet train. It will add more to our GDP and will be less burden on our government. And i am not opposing the idea of bullet train, i am just saying postpone it for only 3-4 more years, complete bullet train project by 2028 and before that increase the connectivity and speed of current rail networks. By that time our Economy will be a 5 trillion dollar economy and burden will be less.

My whole point was that Indian Government should focus on these Talgo trains and other companies which can provide investment and loans for these trains and not on bullet trains for NOW. If we'll get loans for both these projects, it will be huge burden on government, that's why all i am saying is that why not focus on these trains for now which are more useful, cheap for India than bullet train.
Well, Japan wants to find a market for Shinkansen as they lost in Indonesia, another thing is India is only country left without high speed, if you think just that thing it says much more, Morocco has already inaugurated.
I think we must stop that debate just here because it's now 100% sure by 2023 we will see those, I know Japanese companies don't make delays, we can think about extending those in future.
I said it will take AT LEAST 10 years and development is really fast in Hyperloop project and it is possible to make it a reality till 2026-2030.
http://www.popsci.com/hyperloop-technologies-announces-testing-site
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/11/hyperloop-supersonic-train-test-propulsion-system
Well I too said I hope will see light of the day soon but entirely new concepts takes time just even think about RLVs as work on RLV was started before 1970 but till now isn't completely successful.
Avatar RLV will take at least another 10 years if not more as per ISRO.
Good projects take time & it's normal.
Ohh! you forgot about gravitational waves, I think no.

I am pretty sure that if we focus and spend money on Talgo kind of trains on all 1st and 2nd tier cities of India other than one route of bullet train. It will add more to our GDP and will be less burden on our government. And i am not opposing the idea of bullet train, i am just saying postpone it for only 3-4 more years, complete bullet train project by 2028 and before that increase the connectivity and speed of current rail networks. By that time our Economy will be a 5 trillion dollar economy and burden will be less.[/QUOTE]

Omg bro when did i say dont develop other systems but that money u r talking about wont come in india if we wont built bullet train. so why not develop bullet train as well as talgo etc cause it wont effect other investments as it is funded by Japan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom