What's new

Talgo Train trial

Talgo trains will reach from Mumbai to Delhi in 7-8 hours.....

Talgo trains will reach from Mumbai to Delhi in 7-8 hours.....
Around 11 hours from currently 16 hours taken by Rajdhani express.

Posting some trial images again. Presently the train is undergoing 150 kph trial preparation at Izzatnagar division.
Screenshot_2016-05-28-08-04-41.png
Screenshot_2016-05-28-08-04-38.png
Screenshot_2016-05-28-08-04-29.png
Screenshot_2016-05-28-08-04-24.png

After these trials, the train will be tested at 180 kph between Tughlakabad and Mathura and finally at 200 kph between New Delhi and Mumbai via Kota. The trials will be behind a WAP5 and WDP4 locos.

@anant_s sir you said if the trail succeeds, talgos will come up their own locos and not indian locos currently they are trailing with. can you plz tell us more about that and what is the benefit of using those locos over us?

I think Government should invest money to use these trains on all the main routes of India other than investing on Bullet train for now. The amount India will spend on bullet train instead can be used for these trains on about every main route of our country. Talgo can travel between 150-200 kmph and that's not bad compare to the speed of Indian trains right now, it will be a big boost for India.

what is the benefit of using those locos over us

TALGO 250 power Car. Each RENFE TALGO 250 has 2 power cars at each end of the train.
upload_2016-5-30_10-28-56.png

The train is designed to go upto 250 kph (depending on track configuration and bridge structure along with availability of Signalling, section control and TPWS) without much modification of tracks (curve straightening etc)
upload_2016-5-30_10-30-38.png

The power cars are rated at 2400 kW (or ~3250 HP) under 25 kV AC traction. So two cars will provide an output approximately equal to that of a WAP 7 (6350 HP)

upload_2016-5-30_10-31-16.png

This train in Spanish configuration has 9 coaches (6 CC class, 2 First Class and 1 Pantry or Restaurant car) with a seating capacity of ~275 persons.

Now the basic advantage of using this system is that it doesnot warrant much change in rack structure which adds to cost for High speed networks. All we need is up gradation of tracks and signalling and these trains offer you semi HST travel (upto 225 kph).

Under present system of using LHB coaches with WAP 5, max trains are cleared to go are 180 kph (and 160 commercially)
upload_2016-5-30_10-44-9.png

upload_2016-5-30_10-43-38.png

WAP 5 has a speed potential to go upto 225 kph, but this will require changes in track structure and several civil modifications. These changes have already started to happen (for ex. Mathura Kota Section speed has been increased to 140 kph and several other class A routes speed have also been increased incrementally).
However Pan India change will take time and till then. TALGO 250 offers a highly cost effective solution for providing semi HST travel.

I think Government should invest money to use these trains on all the main routes of India other than investing on Bullet train for now. The amount India will spend on bullet train instead can be used for these trains on about every main route of our country. Talgo can travel between 150-200 kmph and that's not bad compare to the speed of Indian trains right now, it will be a big boost for India.

Nah phuket, lets save for hyperloop!

that money is coming from japan if no bullet train then no money is coming, i have heard many more ppl saying that odd that all of them miss this simple fact

Nah phuket, lets save for hyperloop!
Even a proper prototype of hyperloop is not ready yet, Alon Mask gave idea of hyperloop in year 2011 i guess, it will take at least 10 years to become reality. In next 10 years, India will be a 4-5 trillion dollar economy.
Right now we should focus on these Talgo trains and other like this we can cut travel time all over India and these will take less time to setup because we don't need new track...existing tracks with some modifications are enough for them and it will be a big boost for our country.
Railway Minister said Bullet train will become reality in 2023, why don't we make every 1st and 2nd tier cities connected with these trains instead of a Bullet train?

that money is coming from japan if no bullet train then no money is coming, i have heard many more ppl saying that odd that all of them miss this simple fact
I know that very well sir, But they are not giving it for free, Its an huge amount with less interest rate i agree but still we will have to pay it back. Talgo trains need less investment and are more beneficial overall than bullet trains.

Look at these Spanish coaches being pulled by that Indian engine :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom