What's new

TACTICAL AREA COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM (TASMUS)

Quasar

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Tactical Area Communications System (TASMUS) is a system which provides all communication requirements of Network Centric Warfare (NCW) infrastructure to 21st century armies. The main goal of TASMUS is to form a common picture of the battlefield in near-real time and share data among battlefield command control systems. It facilitates fusion and display of intelligence information to commanders at all levels and handles the exchange of targeting data from sensor to weapon systems.

images

6100_1.jpg

6100_2.jpg

6100_3.jpg

6100_4.jpg

6100_5.jpg

04.jpg

The tactical battlefield is now becoming a ground for extensive digital data exchange where many sensors, weapons, computers and command centers need to exchange high speed data in order to perform effectively and coherently. More so, these units need to carry out their data exchange while on the move because the new military doctrines heavily emphasize on mobility and flexibility. On the battlefield several command control functions such as fire support, manoeuvre control, intelligence, electronic warfare, and logistics support need to be executed simultaneously. These command control functions rely on rapid and reliable exchange of information on the tactical field. These command control functions may have different communication requirements but, what is needed is an integrated solution that will provide the necessary communication support to all of these command control applications. Here, the communication solution provided by ASELSAN, TASMUS, fulfils all these requirements on tactical area and offers a compact, deployable, extendable, secure and easy-use system to users. Since 2000, TASMUS has been in operation in Turkish Army and has been continuously upgraded so far according to the technological improvements and customer requirements. TASMUS is designed to meet all tactical battlefield requirements with an integrated solution to form a mobile, survivable, flexible and secure tactical network to support all the communication needs (voice, data and video) of tactical commanders and to support all the needs for Network Centric Warfare (NCW) concept. TASMUS is deployed in area (theater) of military operations such that, seamless communication between the army and battalion/company level is achieved. It provides interfaces to the strategic telecom and data networks above the army level, while providing connection to the existing CNR systems via CNRI. TASMUS, as being a very powerful “tactical communications infrastructure”, provides reliable and efficient exchange of information on the tactical field, meeting today’s and future armed forces mobility needs.

General Specifications

- TASMUS provides Network Centric infrastructure for communication backbone and meet all the C4I requirements to 21st century armies

- TASMUS provides full IP solution and incorporates IP, ATM and ISDN switching technologies together.

- TASMUS is compliant with the NATO TACOMS POST 2000 architecture.

- TASMUS is a modular system, since the system can be extended according to customer requirements.

- TASMUS provides communications services including voice (clear/encrypted); data (asynchronous, synchronous, IP, X.25 packet data), graphics, video, images, file transfer; and fax and video conferencing, whereas its information services include: the provision of a near-real time picture of the battlefield; digital map and geographic information; meteorological information; intelligence reports; and logistic information.

- TASMUS network management and planning system, “SYSCON” meets military network management and planning requirements by using both IP based SNMP protocol and NATO TACOMS POST-2000 system control concepts. SYSCON manages all subscriber profiles, COMSEC and TRANSEC features and system topology.

- TASMUS provides interfaces to the other strategic telecom and data networks, PTT networks, SATCOM and CNR tactical radios.

- TASMUS provides Interoperability with the Other Nations, with Allied Networks, and with Strategic (Commercial/Military) Networks.

- TASMUS supports all of the Teleservices, Bearer Services and Supplementary Services defined in NATO TACOMS POST-2000, including military features such as “priority”, “pre-emption”.

- TASMUS provides Electronic Protection Measures (LPI/LPT Capability, Link-by-Link TRANSEC & COMSEC and end-to-end encryption)

- TASMUS supports mobility. For Mobile subscribers, TASMUS provides service thorough Software Defined Radios, acting as the mobile access terminal.

http://www.aselsan.com/urun.asp?urun_id=180&lang=en#

Ah c'mon nobody's commenting on military news? I thought we were friends!

This is fancy equipment! Nobody wonder what she can do?

The main goal of TASMUS is to form a common picture of the battlefield in near-real time and share data among battlefield command control systems

I think this explains how this TASMUS system is so important during the battle. This will give plenty of advantages to the commanders.

Ah c'mon nobody's commenting on military news? I thought we were friends!

This is fancy equipment! Nobody wonder what she can do?

Isn't is simply create an live information link throughout battlefield.Modernized tanks >planes(most suitable probably f-35)>atack helicopter>drones>mobile AA's>anti air batteries>command center and same cycle.In short it lets people inside the command center to have a live feed information throughout whole battle area perhaps even country and let them give order without delay or information loss.

Right?

Ağ temelli Muharebe(network centric warfare) let the commanders have a greater control over the battlefield. Advancing over this field is much more thrilling than having longer range missiles to me. Because these systems will allow HQ to have updated knowledge on tactical situation of each unit while making strategical moves.

As we continue to improve our survelliance equipment having better communication equipment will be required. War is fought with information as well as weapons. Turkish army is rapidly becoming an offensive power, with better planned and better executed surgical strikes we can finish wars much faster and with much less casuality.

so this is like a HQ that can be moved around in the battlefield?

so this is like a HQ that can be moved around in the battlefield?
Nope, it's a coms station that links all eyes on battlefield to HQ, to put it simple

she's mobile so she's less vulnerable

I think Turkey's military eletronic is better than Korea and Russian now

Korea and Russia? I know its a compliment but I think its a bit dreamy one...

Russia for obvious reasons and Korea because they are using their own battle systems in their warships unlike us who use Aegis and other stuff Korea did but I don't have the time to write them down now. :)

they are using their own battle systems in their warships unlike us who use Aegis and other stuff Korea did but I don't have the time to write them down now. :)

As far as i know, Turkiye has her own systems for warships also... We named it GENESIS.

Korea and Russia? I know its a compliment but I think its a bit dreamy one...

Russia for obvious reasons and Korea because they are using their own battle systems in their warships unlike us who use Aegis and other stuff Korea did but I don't have the time to write them down now. :)

that's Japan FCS-3,not Korea

KOREA 's best ship,Sejong the Great class destroyer,also use Aegis Combat System

There are no any Korean-made UAV and attack helicopter just as T-129

also,TAI-built F-16s for the Turkish Air Force incorporate indigenous components such as the ASELPOD (similar to Lightning III), ASELSAN-developed AVCI helmet-cueing system, mission computer, Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) systems, and Self-Protection electronics suites.compare to that KF-16 only has far more few korean-made parts

also,

traditional Russia/USSR are not good at eletronic,even they can make good weapons

of course Russian can make a lot of weapons which japan,korea and turkey can not,but i dont think their eletronic product is good

turkish arm industry is growing very quickly

10 years ago,japan defense industry was far more advanced than turkey,but recently at least some equipments,turkey can campare with japan just as armor car,anti-tank missile and howitzer

also the political condition of turkey defense industry is better than japan who cannot export weapon and design attack weapon

the stupid politicians are destroying japan,until now only 1/4 of Japanese F-15s and F-2s can fire AAM-4 the missile similar to AIM-120,others can only use AIM-7 to face the Chinese

10 years ago,japan defense industry was far more advanced than turkey,but recently at least some equipments,turkey can campare with japan just as armor car,anti-tank missile and howitzer

also the political condition of turkey defense industry is better than japan who cannot export weapon and design attack weapon

the stupid politicians are destroying japan,until now only 1/4 of Japanese F-15s and F-2s can fire AAM-4 the missile similar to AIM-120,others can only use AIM-7 to face the Chinese

yes indeed, I analysted Japans defence industry a while ago and was pretty shocked to see that the most advanced nation in the world had a worse defence industry defence industry. I think its just because the limitation given by US, Same happened to S.Korea a while ago. They had to ask approvel just so they could increase there missile range to 500km. Japan has superior technology when compared to Turkey but sadly they wont use it.

But i actually heard a while ago that Japan would ease there ban on weapons export and cooperation with foreign companies, Turkey was very interrested. What happened to that?

BUSINESS - Turkey, Japan may boost links in defense industry

Are you Japanese or Chinese?

G
yes indeed, I analysted Japans defence industry a while ago and was pretty shocked to see that the most advanced nation in the world had a worse defence industry defence industry. I think its just because the limitation given by US, Same happened to S.Korea a while ago. They had to ask approvel just so they could increase there missile range to 500km. Japan has superior technology when compared to Turkey but sadly they wont use it

But i actually heard a while ago that Japan would ease there ban on weapons export and cooperation with foreign companies, Turkey was very interrested. What happened to that?

BUSINESS - Turkey, Japan may boost links in defense industry

I don't think it will start within 5 years because the Japanese politics is very slow,always discussion and arguement

Maybe someone don't like Erdogan but he is far more stronger than any Japanese politician

I wish Japan and turkey can build an nuclear reactor together firstly

Also,Unlike turkey,Japan had become a country of elders,has less interested of the growth and defense of nation,but the life,and because ww2,a lot of Japanese hate the army and weapon(Kemal is hero of turkey but Japanese army done lots of bad things in WW2)

The once-proud Japan is no longer exist,even her science and technology improved and got lots of prizes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom