What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they do have such upgrade -
t72mp-5l.jpg

But now it is Ukrainian made panoramic sight availible with better stats...

it is the same as on western MBT, notice that it has massive protective cover. On thet photo it is without it.
The size is dictated by +60 degree elevation of the FOV alloving it to be used as anti aircraft (or against mountain targets), or targets which are at hight, building roof for example.

it looks big cause the tank is much smaller comparing to western tanks like Abrams and so on.

thanks for confirming that SalexES offer upgrades as well. Weather we go for them or not is unknown.

o_O AESA ??? you sure it has an AESA ?
Can you elaborate a little what useful an AESA might be on a tank, Thanks.
According to preliminary reports, the new tank designated T-14 will be less radical and ambitious than the canceled ‘Object 195’ or T-95. It will weigh less, therefore being more agile and more affordable when compared to its more ambitious predecessors. Additionally, the T-15, Kurganets-25 IFV and Bumerang IFV will be able to equip the same 30mm Epoch Remote Control Turret.[7]

The tank will have an unmanned, remotely controlled turret. It will be digitally controlled by a crew-member located in a separate compartment. It is believed that this would eventually lead to the development of a fully robotic tank.[25]

Vehicles of the Armata platform will be equipped with the radar and other technologies found on the Sukhoi T-50 fifth-generation jet fighter. They include a Ka band radar (26.5–40 GHz) based on AESA radar. The devices should be ready by 2015.[26]

According to preliminary reports, the new tank designated T-14 will be less radical and ambitious than the canceled ‘Object 195’ or T-95. It will weigh less, therefore being more agile and more affordable when compared to its more ambitious predecessors.

Vehicles of the Armata platform will be equipped with the radar and other technologies found on the Sukhoi T-50 fifth-generation jet fighter. They include a Ka band radar (26.5–40 GHz) based on AESA radar. The devices should be ready by 2015.[26]
Defense Update released their analysis of the tank, where they speculate that Afghanit main sensors are the four panels mounted on a turret's sides, which are probably the AESA radar panes spread out for the 360° view, and possible one more on top of the turret.[37] In their opinion, the active part of the system it consists of both a hard kill and a soft kill elements, first of which actively destroys the incoming projectile (such as a dumb rocket or artillery shell), while the second confuses the guidance mechanism of ATGMs and such, causing it to lose the target lock. They believe that it would be effective against most modern ATGMs, including Hellfire, TOW, Javelin, Spike, Brimstone, JAGM, etc.[37]

Afghanit hard-kill launchers are the long tubes mounted in groups of five between the turret's front sides and the chassis.[14] These send out an electronically activated charge that shoots an Explosively Formed Penetrator towards the target (in all directions).[38] Aside from that, the tank is also equipped by the NII Stali's Upper Hemisphere Protection Complex,[39] which consists of two steerable cartridges with 12 smaller charges each, and a turret-top VLS with two more similar cartridges.[40] It probably corresponds to the Defense Update soft-kill system.[37] Additionally, using AESA radar and anti-aircraft machine gun it is possible to destroy incoming missiles and slow-flying shells (except hypersonic kinetic energy penetrators).[41]

AFAIK cost per unit is $5,5-$6 million.

Latest prototype for mass production (without the AKKOR self protection system and the Aselsan's TASMUS 'Tactical Area Communications System'
22524.jpg
turkey is buying 1000 of these and they are buying them in blocks of 4 250 per block and $1billion per block works out at 4 million each but then you have optional extras i suppose. 5-6 million is sort of the mid/high end price one would pay for a tank.

Last edited:
where abouts is that ? im in the north west
well if you are traveling from Hampshire/south coast to North then you join A34 near Winchester to Oxford you see Army convoys on this road quite often!

well if you are traveling from Hampshire/south coast to North then you join A34 near Winchester to Oxford you see Army convoys on this road quite often!
no, furthest ive been down south is london where i study. they make the eurofighter typhoon not to far from where my parents live. and they make nuclear subs about 2/3 hours away from there

no, furthest ive been down south is london where i study. they make the eurofighter typhoon not to far from where my parents live. and they make nuclear subs about 2/3 hours away from there

I have never been further north than Bradford/Leeds. you appear to be further north.

instead of buying oplot M

we should buy Topol M

Tum mazaq ker rahay ho ya aaj dawaye nahin khaye

:crazy:

Zarvan Bhai, Badshah Bhai Mazaq ker raha tha.

Wo Oplot-M ka Qafiya mila raha tha TOPOL-M se

They are two separate things.

Eik Tank hai doosra ICBM Missile hai.

Aap ko Mazaq sumj nehi aaya.

Nahin zaravan ko Topol-M samajh nahin aaya :rofl: warna woh bhi wohi kehta jo main nay quote kya hai :p:

Pata hai yaar qafiya mila raha hai salman

Pak will get TOT of Turkey your post just shows your ignorance about Pakistan and Turkey relations. Every weapon we are getting from Turkey is coming with TOT. Still Pakistan would never choose Altay. Altay is way too heavy Tank for us.
Dear Yes I am ignorant about ur qualification/whereabouts but I know at least some arms of PA since childhood, so please don't negate every thing which others say. U are ur self confirming that Atlay is too heavy, but when I say we will not get this MBT TOT for next ten years you are considering me ignorant.
Muslim brother hood is one thing and Army requirements are other. I believe u are not a soldier just like me so please abstain from giving decisions abt others.

According to preliminary reports, the new tank designated T-14 will be less radical and ambitious than the canceled ‘Object 195’ or T-95.

actually there are a lot to offer for future from Ukraine, they made their "armata" decades ago -

(called device 490A)

422254_original.jpg

actually there are a lot to offer for future from Ukraine, they made their "armata" decades ago -

(called device 490A)

422254_original.jpg
impressive is this project on hold or scrapped ? PLUS MORE DETAIL ON THIS 490A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom