What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe who really use 6TD like it, it was hated only by those who use on their tanks still use modernized V-2 engine created for T-34 in Ukraine 70+ years ago.
Then you just made a copy of FT-17 and Christie :usflag:

Looks great, it's still being evaluated though right?
I feel we are better off going with the Turks and Altay, which is turning out to be a beast.

Do you think the Turks will give us ToT and allow us to produce 60% of the Tank indigenously ?

Bro, Being Heavier is the choice of brain team since they believe on benefits of heavier tanks compared with 45-50 tonnes equivalents. Israeli Merkava are also following similar ways on developments, since Each blocks of Merkava revealed with additional weight and Finally, They reached around 65 tonnes on MK-4 series(3-5 tonnes additional weight). It is more or less same weight of Altay. I think Heavier tanks will be better for Pakistan as long as They are not used on soft and highly mountainous grounds. IFV's equipped with heavier calbre guns/having less pressure effect under the pallets are more suitable for such mountainous regions.

Pakistan's battle will be with India and if you study terrain, almost half of the of our border involves marshes in the South and Rajasthan desert in the center. Even the terrain in the North ( Indian Punjab) is soft. This is the main reason why Pakistan Army prefers middleweight Tanks ( 45 to 55 tons ) over heavier weight tanks ( 55 to 65 tons ).

Do you think the Turks will give us ToT and allow us to produce 60% of the Tank indigenously ?

Pakistan's battle will be with India and if you study terrain, almost half of the of our border involves marshes in the South and Rajasthan desert in the center. Even the terrain in the North ( Indian Punjab) is soft. This is the main reason why Pakistan Army prefers middleweight Tanks ( 45 to 55 tons ) over heavier weight tanks ( 55 to 65 tons ).
They would give us 100%

They would give us 100%

We have had ToT from Chinese MBT 2000 and with few modifications we produced Al-Khalid and Al-Khalid-I.

Now with ToT from Ukraine on Oplot-M, we will produce Super Al-Khalid.

With each infusion of Technology, Pakistan is becoming more competent in building Tanks.

We have experienced same growth and Knowledge With Submarines ToT ( Agosta-90 + upcoming Chinese Yuan subs ).

In the air we have come a long way by Joint Venture of JF Thunder ( and future JV's for Fighter aircrafts ).

I am convinced that the best deals for us are the ones where we get ToT and Joint Productions ( i.e. 60% to 75 % indigenous Production, etc. )

Last edited:
We have had ToT from Chinese MBT 2000 and with few modifications we produced Al-Khalid and Al-Khalid-I.

Now with ToT from Ukraine on Oplot-M, we will produce Super Al-Khalid.

With each infusion of Technology, Pakistan is becoming more competent in building Tanks.

We have experienced some growth and Knowledge With Submarines ToT ( Agosta-90 + upcoming Chinese Yuan subs ).

In the air we have come a long way by Joint Venture of JF Thunder.

I am convinced that the best deals for us are the ones where we get ToT and Joint Productions ( i.e. 60% to 75 % indigenous Production, etc. )
AK2 is not OPLOT M that is different

AK2 is not OPLOT M that is different

There is NO AK2. Chinese MBT-3000 was supposed to be AK-2 but since we have decided not to go with MBT 3000, AK-2 name will be dropped. We already have 500 Al-Khalids and AK-1's. We may produce 100 more of these since the original plan was to have 600 of these Tanks.

We will produce Oplot-M under license, with a different Pakistani Name ( Which won't be AK-2 ).

Last edited:
There is NO AK2. Chinese MBT-3000 was supposed to be AK-2 but since we have decided not to go with MBT 3000, AK-2 name will be dropped. We already have 500 Al-Khalids and AK-1's. We may produce 100 more of these since the original plan was to have 600 of these Tanks.

We will produce Oplot-M under license, with a different Pakistani Name ( Which won't be AK-2 ).
Sir AK-2 is under development no Sir MBT-3000 was never supposes to be AK-2 it wasn't. T-84 Oplot M is different Tank and AK-2 is different.

Oh yes, I don't think there is any doubt of that. They offered similar for the Atak.

MBT-3000 was never meant to be AK-2, if inducted it would be called Al-Haider. It is what an armor core officer told me on net.

I think oplot will be working fine in heat and cold weather and in desert

AL KHALID weakness is it cant swim in rivers effictively of croosing water hazards

PA want a tan which perform the wsyer hazard task and work like a AK

These tank for Indian border. Few main factor before buy these tanks are , intense hot weather, fields and marshes, visibility poor in Punjab region in winter, lots of green fields. Second region , is dusty plains, where tank visibility is very high. Third and most intense is desert region, where tanks frequently break down,due to heat. Where Indian Arjun failed to perform, even with German engine. Pakistan army usually do lots of modification in tank, specially cooling system.Because these East European wheelers cooling system are not effective in our region. Can give one example, when few APC supplied from some eastern European company in Iraq ,where they frequently break down, after few months Iraqi govt paid extra amount to modified the cooling system, otherwise they were all piece of junk without heat and sand particles protection.

congrats Pakistan. OM is a nice tank. ;)

is Pakistan still buying Serbian T-55 junk ?

congrats Pakistan. OM is a nice tank. ;)

is Pakistan still buying Serbian T-55 junk ?

Get this from Russia.
armata_1.jpgf3a2c06a-d9f8-47e0-aaa1-6c9799e6fe8fOriginal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom