What's new

T-80 and T-84 Main Battle Tanks Information pool

all time best and battle or urban combat proven ..double click and enjoy the detailed view of this machine . @Dazzler

31179307_135787620611978_540687454298963968_o.jpg

all time best and battle or urban combat proven ..double click and enjoy the detailed view of this machine . @Dazzler

That tank looks a mess. The IR scope/headlights are gone. track covers are gone (More dust!)

Also I think that's a 72 edit thats deffo a 72. I don't think combat proven is th right word for the 72. It has a bad rep.

Last edited:
That tank looks a mess. The IR scope/headlights are gone. track covers are gone (More dust!)

Also I think that's a 72 edit thats deffo a 72. I don't think combat proven is th right word for the 72. It has a bad rep.
But only machine along t55 modified battle proven in urban warfare. even L2 knock down by kurds.

48C1ED0F00000578-5332247-image-a-44_1517396485072.jpg

8yjw04ouifj01.png

Rebuild of Tank T-80UD. Chief of Army Staff Qamar Javed Bajwa visited HIT in
2017. During the visit Army Chief inaugurated newly built T-80UD & Al Khalid
rebuild facility (Shop-1A) and formally initiated the commencement of T-80UD Pilot
rebuild programme. During pilot rebuild programme 5 tanks will be rebuilt in 2018-
19. Subsequently series rebuild of 315 tanks·T-BOUD will be carried out after
allocation of funds.

Considering the Ranges, Im guessing T-80 UD of 1st Armored Div were involved in this Ex, report from 2012.

The Pakistan armed forces successfully experimented with the technique of jamming movement of tanks and using laser technology in modern warfare. ‘Enemy’ tanks were tracked and jammed through centrally controlled laser technology via wireless supervision and monitoring.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/369592/muzaffargarh-ranges-kayani-witnesses-jamming-of-tanks/

Considering the Ranges, Im guessing T-80 UD of 1st Armored Div were involved in this Ex, report from 2012.

The Pakistan armed forces successfully experimented with the technique of jamming movement of tanks and using laser technology in modern warfare. ‘Enemy’ tanks were tracked and jammed through centrally controlled laser technology via wireless supervision and monitoring.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/369592/muzaffargarh-ranges-kayani-witnesses-jamming-of-tanks/

:wacko:

care to shed some light on the article.

This is an old misreported article.

it was reported during an exercise where tanks used LASER TAG like system to hit each other in the exercise.

The laser was detected by sensors on the tanks and would shut off the system depicting a hit.

the local reporters with there usual nonexistent understanding of military equipment misunderstood and then incorrectly reported the news.

there was a whole thread on it in 2012.

no such Lazer jamming technology exists.

Rebuild of Tank T-80UD. Chief of Army Staff Qamar Javed Bajwa visited HIT in
2017. During the visit Army Chief inaugurated newly built T-80UD & Al Khalid
rebuild facility (Shop-1A) and formally initiated the commencement of T-80UD Pilot
rebuild programme. During pilot rebuild programme 5 tanks will be rebuilt in 2018-
19. Subsequently series rebuild of 315 tanks·T-BOUD will be carried out after
allocation of funds.
HIT has decided to initiate in-house medium rebuild of 25 T-80UD tanks in 2020 ....

What knocked out the Turkish L2 tank, I thought they had heavy armor on it.

Sides and rear are relatively thin armour. Turret front has the thickest armour, even hull front has less protection then turret.

L2 was never trialed. It was Turkish Altay that was trialed by PA

More importantly Turks have offered subsystems for a new battle tank HIT was making.

@Signalian
Is there a reason besides finances that PA has like 300+ T80UD, 250+ Type 85-IIAP, and various quantities of Al-Zarrar and Al-Khalid?

Wouldn't it be simpler to have just one type? Like Al-Khalid for example...PA can do a high/low mix with Al-Khalid I and Al-Khalid II.

Back
Top Bottom