What's new

T-50 PAK-FA fighter jet project with Russia hits turbulence

Simple facts

1. India has no capability to manufacture a quality 4.5++ let alone a 5th generation aircraft.

2. Russia knows this so they will make us pay more and give less workload. This is logical like someone paying money while other person assembles science project.

3. Pakfa will come 3rd after f 22 and f 35 respectively as one of the best 5th gen fighters of next decade. J 20 does'nt count as so far it brings nothing new to the table in terms of 5th gen.

Pakfa gives 240 degree AESA and 3d Tvc as well as rcs of 0.01 msq.

4. Even J 20 had a system failure if you google it.This is a common thing in fighter development. Less said about F 35 the better.

6. The program is very much on track and a 100% mature PAKFA will be available for IAF by 2022.
Even f-22 prototype was crashed during its developing stage

I don't know how you guys reject this article and called it propaganda based on nothing but your imagination.I already raised this point few months back continuously that many of IAF personal and even HAL is now want to cancel FGFA programme as it would be again Su30MKI case where we plead russians to give us TOT and IP for servicing and maintenance while they show us middle finger.

Let me give you eg based on IAF technician:They charge around 70K to change the single gascolator sensor which is around 30K for Cessna planes and similar for Mirage.Now imagine what they going to charge for FGFA.

i don't agree with you. no one underestimate india's capability. at least russia. at the time india sign the contract with russia for development of brahmos india don't even had cruise missile.. not even a plan to develop one other than brahmos. hell india don't even had a IRBM at that time. now brahmos is the fastest and most advanced cruise missile in the world.
the reason is that russia don't want to share the technology but they want a financial partner for PAK FA. india have more advance technology in composite materials and avionics than russia. indian software are much more advance than russian.
Yeah i remember on of my frnd from godrej told me about airframe of brahmos.....that time russian laught at us that if we could able to manufacturer airframe in 10 years that will be surprising.... But Godrej had one guy who took the challenged and worked hard with the limited resources and then he manage to do that in record breaking time resulting to left Russian jaw dropping.
Indians are unpredictable....best way to know that is Indian cricket team , ISRO and then DRDO :lol:

Simple facts

1. India has no capability to manufacture a quality 4.5++ let alone a 5th generation aircraft.

2. Russia knows this so they will make us pay more and give less workload. This is logical like someone paying money while other person assembles science project.

3. Pakfa will come 3rd after f 22 and f 35 respectively as one of the best 5th gen fighters of next decade. J 20 does'nt count as so far it brings nothing new to the table in terms of 5th gen.

Pakfa gives 240 degree AESA and 3d Tvc as well as rcs of 0.01 msq.

4. Even J 20 had a system failure if you google it.This is a common thing in fighter development. Less said about F 35 the better.

6. The program is very much on track and a 100% mature PAKFA will be available for IAF by 2022.

Interesting 240 degree AESA, 3D TVC. and rcs of 0.01
if true nice :woot:

I don't know how you guys reject this article and called it propaganda based on nothing but your imagination.I already raised this point few months back continuously that many of IAF personal and even HAL is now want to cancel FGFA programme as it would be again Su30MKI case where we plead russians to give us TOT and IP for servicing and maintenance while they show us middle finger.

Let me give you eg based on IAF technician:They charge around 70K to change the single gascolator sensor which is around 30K for Cessna planes and similar for Mirage.Now imagine what they going to charge for FGFA.
There huge difference btw mki and FGFA contract if you research

is fifth gen really necessary for Indian Air-force?
a shit load of Super Sukhois would be enough to defeat most countries in the area right?
+investing in advance radars should diminish 5th gen stealth and putting them on the Super Sukhois in a decade.

There huge difference btw mki and FGFA contract if you research
Actually you must research, how they call Indians emotional,how they never allow indians to go nearby to plane.For godsake we paid hard money for that and we are partner in 50% stakes and still you are not even allowed to develop 10%.Its just matter of months,FGFA deal is on the verge of collapse along with MTA.

Actually you must research, how they call Indians emotional,how they never allow indians to go nearby to plane.For godsake we paid hard money for that and we are partner in 50% stakes and still you are not even allowed to develop 10%.Its just matter of months,FGFA deal is on the verge of collapse along with MTA.
Really when does pak fa was India's plane it's Russian.our aircraft is FGFA of which we paid initial amount of 295 million for design phase as of now. contract is still not finalised yet may be by next year so your worries are for nothing.

a shit load of Super Sukhois would be enough to defeat most countries in the area right?
+investing in advance radars should diminish 5th gen stealth and putting them on the Super Sukhois in a decade.
We paid initial amount so the deal is on.dont worry its all western arm lobbies who want to sell india f-35 we learned a lot from Mmrca.We are used to such articles now .In few day you will see a counter article which diminish all the rumors

It is best to go underground collaboration with Japan in 5th gen. Since they cant help us publicly, we can get their great help for our own desi stuff.

WTH, cant India do it on its own? afterall, i thought the new prime minister is more competent than the last government. You people should strive to produce your critical weapons in house instead of always relying from foreign powers. Afterall, Though you might not be as advance/experience in producing fighters jets/aerospace as your bigger neighbour in the north, But still you are an upcoming power and should strive for self suffieciency. You have to start from somewhere.

now brahmos is the fastest and most advanced cruise missile in the world.

Which however is not our doing but of the Russians, since Brahmos is based on their Yakhont P800. We jointly developed an upgraded version of that missile, where our contribution lies in some of the fields you mentioned, mainly the software. So just as in FGFA, we co-own both, we implement things that we have, we apply both according to our needs, we can modify both if we want, we have access to techs and we jointly further develop both to the next level!
So without the Russians, no Brahmos and not 5th gen fighter development for us.

Last time I checked, our biggest enemy is the same as yours, so when you go for more than 2000 x F35s on top of the F22 to tackle the threat of China, shouldn't we do at least something in that direction as well? ;)

Which however is not our doing but of the Russians, since Brahmos is based on their Yakhont P800. We jointly developed an upgraded version of that missile, where our contribution lies in some of the fields you mentioned, mainly the software. So just as in FGFA, we co-own both, we implement things that we have, we apply both according to our needs, we can modify both if we want, we have access to techs and we jointly further develop both to the next level!
So without the Russians, no Brahmos and not 5th gen fighter development for us.

Last time I checked, our biggest enemy is the same as yours, so when you go for more than 2000 x F35s on top of the F22 to tackle the threat of China, shouldn't we do at least something in that direction as well? ;)
@sancho correct me if I'm wrong Except 295 million for designing fgfa we not paid anything Contract is not even finalized yet.

Back
Top Bottom