What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

I still don't understand the "go big or go home" mentality that a lot of people employ when it comes to military hardware. Not everyone needs the biggest and baddest.

ATAK-II from TUSAS app - I'm starting to like the look of this! Still think they should get Aselsan to develop a dedicated E/O turret though...
Screenshot_20200607-054831_TUSAS.jpg

Was this picture posted before? I saw it in TAI’s latest magazine (published yesterday) and couldnt find it in the last few pages. If it was posted before and I missed it, please let me know and I will delete it.

Why not we just put the gdf 35 mm to Heavy Class Attack Helicopter ? This baby will carry 2x300 shp it isn't enough to carry an resist him recoill ? +5 mm can change everything ?

I just want to 35 mm gdf just because with him we can use atom smart muntion and also 35 mm gdf have a apfsds ammo so we can easily penetrate anything just we want.

Havadan hevallerin kafasına 35 mm atom atıldığında kaç parçaya ayrıldıklarını görmeyi çok isterdim.

Are there chance of Pakistan getting 30x Attack-129 gunship helos in near future and if yes then approximately when?

Why not we just put the gdf 35 mm to Heavy Class Attack Helicopter ? This baby will carry 2x300 shp it isn't enough to carry an resist him recoill ? +5 mm can change everything ?

I just want to 35 mm gdf just because with him we can use atom smart muntion and also 35 mm gdf have a apfsds ammo so we can easily penetrate anything just we want.

Havadan hevallerin kafasına 35 mm atom atıldığında kaç parçaya ayrıldıklarını görmeyi çok isterdim.
It wont be 30x173mm cal which you think. There are different types of 30mm caliber ammunitions. So it is not the matter of just 5mm difference. Attack helicopters use 30x110mm which has far less velocity and energy than longer one.
İ am exhausted to consistantly explain it.

Mildar, longbow and Russian junk comparison
View attachment 646408
So let me get this straight:
On one side there is the United States, whose military technology completely eclipses all other countries. And on the other side we have Turkey, who is just starting out with some small drones and license built choppers.

You are telling me that the American radar weighs 200+kg and has a range of 12 km, while the Turkish radar weighs 1/6 as much and has more than twice the range? Or in other words, the Turkish radar is about 1200% better than the American one? And mind you that is not a typo, it is not 12% or even a mind blowing 120%, it is 1200%!

Right...

Right...

Yes, that is exactly right, and honestly, I don't understand what is so hard to believe here. Unlike MİLDAR, Longbow is an older generation radar. The United States, of course, can make a better radar, they just don't need it right now. I had the privilege to see the field results of the MİLDAR at İDEF during the exclusive press briefing of Meteksan, and, in all my honesty, it is a magnificent piece of machinery. Meteksan developed some absolutely incredible radar systems. I mean, we are talking about the company that made the Retinar radar family and YAKAMOS (MİLGEM) sonar. So yeah, it is something to be proud of.

Also, for anyone interested;
https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...helicopter-and-mildar-fire-control-radar-3338

this is official figures.. Your opinion doesn't count.
Mildars detection range of a tanksize target is 12 km and is state of the art (latest development) . Our defense industry is building stuff according to Nato standards also.
What has choppers to do with radar tech?

Back
Top Bottom