What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

T629 is shaping up into more of a reconnaissance/light armed scout helicopter similar to Z-19 and OH-1.

I don't think it's based on the T625 either.

It seems like ATAK, T625 and T629 are all distinct aircraft, though they may be sharing some technologies (e.g., the engine, transmission, avionics etc), they're not based on one another.

I would be interested in seeing who the T629 is for though... If a scout, it serves a distinct role, Turkey could use it to swell-up its rotary wing for CT/COIN, and keep ATAK for conventional ops? Or maybe export for customers who'll want a lower-cost alternative to the ATAK?

5b733689-4ab1-4ab5-8821-30eb75d38331-jpeg.638458

Any idea what FLIR this is? Doesn't look like Aselflir 300T, CATS or DASS

T629 is shaping up into more of a reconnaissance/light armed scout helicopter similar to Z-19 and OH-1.

It seems like ATAK, T625 and T629 are all distinct aircraft, though they may be sharing some technologies (e.g., the engine, transmission, avionics etc), they're not based on one another.

I would be interested in seeing who the T629 is for though... If a scout, it serves a distinct role, Turkey could use it to swell-up its rotary wing for CT/COIN, and keep ATAK for conventional ops? Or maybe export for customers who'll want a lower-cost alternative to the ATAK?

Best to see it as an ITAR-Free T-129 - made for export.

You know I have never stated It would be an armed utility helicopter bro. As It was stated, T-629 is an ITAR-free Atak that will fill the gap between 5t Atak and 10t Atak-2 but She will use the same engine, transmission with T-625 utility helicopter.

So that means that T-629 is not an ITAR-free T-129 but rather an armed scout version of T-625?

^If thats the case then whats the plan with the T-129 since they are bound to ITAR, will they become ITAR-free or is that a lost case in the export market and will not receive indigenous motors and transmission till their successor atak-2 ?

From this angle it doesn't look all that bad.. still though, i don't know why they didn't just go off the original 3D desgin..

This thing was bad-***!
atak-2-urun-gorseli.png
Yeah and the flir was hanging upside down instead. With this way it only blocks both pilots' sight. It seems like T-629 is just a modified Atak then...

So that means that T-629 is not an ITAR-free T-129 but rather an armed scout version of T-625?

^If thats the case then whats the plan with the T-129 since they are bound to ITAR, will they become ITAR-free or is that a lost case in the export market and will not receive indigenous motors and transmission till their successor atak-2 ?
I don't know if T629 is a version of T625 at all, it seems like a different project, but using tech from T625.

look ugly and cheap hope they make it better then this the real one .

Seems to be like tatti (shit) of LCA/Dhruv hahahahah i think Turkish hired Indian peeps for designing their heli else i am surprised to see... this is not f******** turkish design.. they’re seriously creative, sophisticated and expert in producing top notch stuff (exterior + interior). Trust me i am literally surprised to see this shit lol

Last edited:
Seems to be like tatti (shit) of LCA/Dhruv hahahahah i think Turkish hired Indian peeps for designing their heli else i am surprised to see... this is not f******** turkish design
even this was mock up they should make it like original :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom