What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Only the Ka-50/52 has this system, guess you have that idea from there. I’ve said it before and I say it again: we should have chosen the Kamov when we had the chance. With full tot, f*ckn general of the times!!!!

There's Two things I want to see that I believe will increase fighting capability;
  1. Panoramic IR vision
    • IR cameras embeded into every corner of atack helicopter that gives pilot and gunner a spherical IR vision of surroundings. Just like F-35, DAS system.
  2. Gunshot Locating Device
    • There are gunshot locating devices that are in development for helicopters, similar to ground based ones. They can track and locate hostile gun fire. One helicopter can move in fast playing as 'bait' while the second helicopter cleans up the shooters moving in from behind.

Only the Ka-50/52 has this system, guess you have that idea from there. I’ve said it before and I say it again: we should have chosen the Kamov when we had the chance. With full tot, f*ckn general of the times!!!!
Yes, I remember it was very cheap too

There's Two things I want to see that I believe will increase fighting capability;
  1. Panoramic IR vision
    • IR cameras embeded into every corner of atack helicopter that gives pilot and gunner a spherical IR vision of surroundings. Just like F-35, DAS system.
  2. Gunshot Locating Device
    • There are gunshot locating devices that are in development for helicopters, similar to ground based ones. They can track and locate hostile gun fire. One helicopter can move in fast playing as 'bait' while the second helicopter cleans up the shooters moving in from behind.
it's insane that these are not already in place

perhaps gunshot locating can be integrated in mildar, it should be sensitive enough to pick up bullets. being a "milimeter" radar. Although it's probably not going to scan as fast as necessary.

is this helicopter is now availablle for purchases to other foreign nations
Turkey is promoting it to Bangladesh.

One T129 was shot down by Kurds in Afrin.
The future belongs to UAV, not manned helicopters.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Whats reasonable time, will pakistan wait for us?
It'd probably take 2 years to certify the first Pakistani T129 anyways. Yes, an engine switch might push that to 4 years, but it's already been 4 years since the day Pakistan expressed interest in the T129 in the first place (2014). Honestly, Pakistan doesn't have the money to rush anything.

Turkey is promoting it to Bangladesh.

One T129 was shot down by Kurds in Afrin.
The future belongs to UAV, not manned helicopters.
Yeah its an aircraft and any aircraft can be shot down, unless China invented a helicopter that cant be shot down.

I'm not saying T129 is no good, I'm just saying manned helicopter has no future.

Fly slow in low altitude is sitting duck.

You posted tail rotor of a crashed sikorsky in afghanistan as proof of T-129 being shot down, now you've edited your post and posted another picture of a crashed sikorsky.

Either find the actual picture of T-129 that crashed in Afrin, or don't post anything.

there are ways of making it safe

not unless you're using it in it's intended role which is close air support.
Maybe we can make it unmanned. Manpads are devastating for manned helicopter, the infrared alarm device didn't work. And pilot was dead.

You posted tail rotor of a crashed sikorsky in afghanistan as proof of T-129 being shot down, now you've edited your post and posted another picture of a crashed sikorsky.

Either find the actual picture of T-129 that crashed in Afrin, or don't post anything.
I can't find the exact picture, but one of the T129 was shot down on 10th Feburary.

Maybe we can make it unmanned. Manpads are devastating for manned helicopter, the infrared alarm device didn't work. And pilot was dead.

I can't find the exact picture, but one of the T129 was shot down on 10th Feburary.
there are flares to evade MANPADS' and if it doesn't work it hits the hottest place on the helicopter, the engine.

There's plenty of time to eject after that. We just need ejection seats. And if you're providing close air support to your ground units instead of flying sorties like a mad man your pilots land near your ground units and should be safe.

So it was shot down by an manpad ? I only see a video from FSA POV and it doesn't look like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom