What's new

Swat Operation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are muslim or hindu/sikh or non believer ,introduce yourself.

Being muslim you should not say inhuman penalties,if you dont have believe in islamic penalties dont hurt feeling of muslims.

I am a practising muslim..Thanku..
If u find stoning to death n choping of hands humane then u r a non believer n not me..By the way can u please define the term non believer??
Loosen up please o fanatic one!!!!

I am a practising muslim..Thanku..
If u find stoning to death n choping of hands humane then u r a non believer n not me..By the way can u please define the term non believer??
Loosen up please o fanatic one!!!!

You are newbie , should learn to behave with seniors ,this is first lesson for you.

You have zero knowledge about islam read some books , no muslim can deny islamic punishments .

If you have doubts go to any mufti to learn , if you have any reference you can post in this forum for discussion.

But dont try to be mufti

thanks

Pakistan agrees Sharia law deal

Many people have fled Swat to be in safer parts of Pakistan
Pakistan has signed a peace deal with a Taleban group that will lead to the enforcement of the Islamic Sharia law in the restive Swat valley.

Regional officials urged the Taleban, who agreed a 10-day truce on Sunday, to lay down their arms permanently.

Once one of Pakistan's most popular holiday destinations, the Swat valley is now mostly under Taleban control.

Thousands of people have fled and hundreds of schools have been destroyed since the Taleban insurgency in 2007.

Chief Minister of North West Frontier Province Ameer Hussain Hoti announced a bill had been signed that would implement a new "order of justice" in the Malakand division, which includes Swat.

The bill will create a separate system of justice for the whole region.

The BBC's M Ilyas Khan, who was recently in Swat, says the Taleban had already set up their own system of Islamic justice, as they understand it.

Their campaign against female education has led to tens of thousands of children being denied an education, our correspondent says.

'Very positive'

The government of North West Frontier Province had been holding talks with local militant leader, Sufi Mohammad, on making amendments to the enforcement of Sharia in Swat.

Sufi Mohammad, a pro-Taleban cleric, is the father-in-law of Maulana Fazlullah, who has been waging a violent campaign to impose Sharia in the region.

[The deal] was reached after realisation that it was the demand of the people

Ameer Hussain Hoti,
NWFP chief minister

Diary: 'End of violence'
Mr Hoti said: "An agreement has been reached with Sufi Mohammad's delegation and this is a great breakthrough.

"The recommendations and proposals have been finalised, but they can only be implemented after peace is achieved."

Mr Hoti said President Asif Ali Zardari had "in principle... approved this package".

Mr Hoti said the agreement had not been made "under pressure from anyone" and was not unconstitutional.

"It was reached after realisation that it was the demand of the people."

The chief minister said the government had done all it could and asked for the Taleban to now lay down their arms.

He said a grand jirga (council) led by Sufi Mohammad would now be going to Swat to get all the factions to comply.

The Taleban have said they will examine the document before ending hostilities permanently.

The Agence France-Presse news agency quoted Sufi Mohammad as saying: "We had been holding negotiations with the government on a 22-point charter of demands for quite some time. There were differences on five points, which were removed in a meeting on Sunday."

Sharia law has been in force in Malakand since 1994. But appeal cases are heard in the Peshawar high court, which operates under the civil code.

Our correspondent says there will be alterations to the appeals process - a point of contention often cited by the militants for their continued insurgency.

The agreement will bind the provincial government to implement Sharia law in the Malakand division, which comprises Swat and its adjoining areas.

The people of Swat have been caught in the crossfire between the army and the Taleban, our correspondent says.

More than 1,000 civilians have died in shelling by the army or from beheadings sanctioned by the Taleban. Thousands more have been displaced.

The Taleban now control the entire countryside of Swat, limiting army control to parts of the valley's capital, Mingora.

Many people in Swat now would favour an early exit by the army as they have failed to roll back the Taleban or protect the Taleban's opponents, says our correspondent.

I hope peace deal will be sucessfull. Ameen

Members ,think tanks and mods who were anti talaban should also show good will gesture for victory of talaban in SWAT .

Last edited:
You are newbie , should learn to behave with seniors ,this is first lesson for you.

You have zero knowledge about islam read some books , no muslim can deny islamic punishments .

If you have doubts go to any mufti to learn , if you have any reference you can post in this forum for discussion.

But dont try to be mufti

thanks

Leave this to mods and admins Waraich he is free to express his views as much as you are.

That is the first lesson you have still not learnt.

Reactions: S-2
Leave this to mods and admins Waraich he is free to express his views as much as you are.

That is the first lesson you have still not learnt.

that guy have commented against punishments of islam ,being muslim it is my responsibilty to correct him .

I dont agree with your last statement , always seniors get due respect from me ,yes i never ever did compromise on my principles .

Regards,

Last edited:
Dear TruthSeeker

The “Twentieth Century Death Toll Atlas” appears to be a bogus and biased document.

Ever heard about Biafra? why is it not even mentioned in the score card?

How about Rawanda?

How about the 250,000 deaths in Bosnia?

The death numbers on this list are more accurate than anything you can quote. I don't know why Biafra is not there. Maybe the death totals were less than 30,000. Anyway, if you would read it carefully you will see that most of the other "missing" events are there (see below). You yourself are infinitely too prejudiced against the US to even be able to think rationally about a list like this. Look at all the deaths caused by your Chinese friends. So, killing your own people is OK?? What a reprehensible rationalization!

Event --> Death Toll
Vietnam War (1965-73) --> 1,700,000
Rwanda and Burundi (1959-95) --> 1,350,000
Vietnam ( Communist repression (1975 et seq.) --> 430,000
Iraq ( International embargo, 1990-2003) --> 350,000
Iraq (Saddam Hussein repression, 1979-2003) --> 300,000Kurdistan (1980's + 1990's) --> 300,000
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992-95) --> 175,000
Kashmir & Jammu, Civil War (1989 et seq.) --> 35,000

China is the "King of Death" since WWII.

Last edited:
Musharraf opposes Swat peace deal

ISLAMABAD: Former President General (retd) Pervez Musharraf, while criticizing the government over Swat peace deal, has termed the agreement between the NWFP government and local Taliban insurgents as ridiculous.

“Its really ridiculous to sign a deal with those who killed hundreds of army personnel in Swat,” an apparently-charged Musharraf told media persons in a press conference here Monday, his first official-media appearance since his resignation last year.

Former president clarified that he never said that security of Benazir Bhutto, PPP’s slain chairperson, was dependent on her relations with him.

“I never told Ms. Benazir Bhutto that her security was dependent on her relations with me. I can never utter such cheap words.”

Musharraf denied allegations regarding the double deal with Taliban, terming such allegations as distortion and fabrication of the facts.

“I was not alone in whatever I did in my eight years, but the international alliance shared the same. Why no one made such allegations when I was in power,” Musharraf asked angrily pointing towards the media reports questioning his seriousness in war on terror.

Referring a book hit the stands recently, Musharraf observed, “I don’t know what the writer was trying to prove but what he has written is far from the fact and completely distorted. May be he was trying to create sensation."

The book written by New York Times’ David E Sanger, titled “The Inheritance: The World Obama Confronts and the challenges to American power” leveled serious allegations against Pakistan and its Army claiming that the ISI was absolutely in complete coordination with the Taliban.

Pervez Musharraf pointing to the author said: “You must show some character.”

“The allegations being leveled against the armed forces and intelligence agencies of the country will lead to the defeat in war on terror,” he claimed.

The former president said attempts are being made globally to malign the Pakistan's armed forces.

ARY OneWorld Leading News Portal of Pakistan (Urdu - English), Watch Live ARY News

Musharraf opposes Swat peace deal

ISLAMABAD: Former President General (retd) Pervez Musharraf, while criticizing the government over Swat peace deal, has termed the agreement between the NWFP government and local Taliban insurgents as ridiculous.

“Its really ridiculous to sign a deal with those who killed hundreds of army personnel in Swat,” an apparently-charged Musharraf told media persons in a press conference here Monday, his first official-media appearance since his resignation last year.

Former president clarified that he never said that security of Benazir Bhutto, PPP’s slain chairperson, was dependent on her relations with him.

“I never told Ms. Benazir Bhutto that her security was dependent on her relations with me. I can never utter such cheap words.”

Musharraf denied allegations regarding the double deal with Taliban, terming such allegations as distortion and fabrication of the facts.

“I was not alone in whatever I did in my eight years, but the international alliance shared the same. Why no one made such allegations when I was in power,” Musharraf asked angrily pointing towards the media reports questioning his seriousness in war on terror.

Referring a book hit the stands recently, Musharraf observed, “I don’t know what the writer was trying to prove but what he has written is far from the fact and completely distorted. May be he was trying to create sensation."

The book written by New York Times’ David E Sanger, titled “The Inheritance: The World Obama Confronts and the challenges to American power” leveled serious allegations against Pakistan and its Army claiming that the ISI was absolutely in complete coordination with the Taliban.

Pervez Musharraf pointing to the author said: “You must show some character.”

“The allegations being leveled against the armed forces and intelligence agencies of the country will lead to the defeat in war on terror,” he claimed.

The former president said attempts are being made globally to malign the Pakistan's armed forces.

ARY OneWorld Leading News Portal of Pakistan (Urdu - English), Watch Live ARY News

In fact Musharaf not only responsible for creating mess in SWAT & FATA but also damaged the image of PA,

He also mislead US in WOT responsible for bad deals with Zardari .

The death numbers on this list are more accurate than anything you can quote. I don't know why Biafra is not there. Maybe the death totals were less than 30,000. Anyway, if you would read it carefully you will see that most of the other "missing" events are there (see below). You yourself are infinitely too prejudiced against the US to even be able to think rationally about a list like this. Look at all the deaths caused by your Chinese friends. So, killing your own people is OK?? What a reprehensible rationalization!

Event --> Death Toll
Vietnam War (1965-73) --> 1,700,000
Rwanda and Burundi (1959-95) --> 1,350,000
Vietnam ( Communist repression (1975 et seq.) --> 430,000
Iraq ( International embargo, 1990-2003) --> 350,000
Iraq (Saddam Hussein repression, 1979-2003) --> 300,000Kurdistan (1980's + 1990's) --> 300,000
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992-95) --> 175,000
Kashmir & Jammu, Civil War (1989 et seq.) --> 35,000

China is the "King of Death" since WWII.
TruthSeeker, Biafran –Nigerian civil war is mentioned under the heading:

Nigeria (1966-70) --> 1,000,000

No need to thank me, its my pleasure. :D

"No need to thank me, its my pleasure.:D"

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.:agree:

Rabzon saves the day again from behind his little typewriter!

What is the punishment for adultery according to Sharia?
For a man and a woman...

What is the punishment for adultery according to Sharia?
For a man and a woman...

If married women and man do adultery ,they should be stoned to death provided four witness saw them doing adultery.but law of land should be shariah .

Bloodniron

Those gory images of head chops in public squares do invoke a certain level fear and disgust. Saudi Arabia chopped 178 heads in 2008, which is a record of sorts.

Such punishments are usually administered for heinous crimes like murders, rape, hard drugs. They look a bit “draconian” as compared to more Humane hanging, bullet in the back of head, electric chair or Injection of a lethal doze of poison. There is absolutely nothing ‘humane” about capital punishment of any type, anywhere.

I would like to draw your attention to far more barbaric forms of capital punishment that is routinely practiced by civilized nations like the USA and Israel against innocent civilians:
1. About 5000 Taliban prisoners were killed in shipping containers under CIA supervision in Kondoz / Balkh in 2001.
2. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans have been killed in Air Strikes.
3. Israel killed about 5000 civilians in the Jenin massacre.
4. The US “score” in the Rape of Fallujah supassed 6000.
5. Israel used phosphorous bombs and thermo baric bombs killing 1300 in Gaza recently.
6. Closer to home, our beloved Army killed about 500 persons (including about 300 girl students) in Lal Masjid operation with incendiaries and phosphorous weapons.

You must take a closer look at bodies burnt beyond recognition as result of US drone strikes in Waziristan. The latest fad is hellfire missiles with thermo baric warheads that virtually melts human flesh in a confined space.

Your disgust and abhoration on Shariah is very well taken. However they look like a cake walk as compared to the more civilized western collective punishments.

TruthSeeker

“”You yourself are infinitely too prejudiced against the US to even be able to think rationally about a list like this””

Wrong assertion. I am not biased against the United States or the Great American Nation. I am biased against the neo-cons who infused fear psychosis in this great nation and used its power to further their crazy dreams of world domination. Their methods are crude adaptations of Eric Honneckers East Germany system, intellectual dishonesty.

Just look at some examples:
1. Iraq ( International embargo, 1990-2003) --> 350,000
What was “International” about the embargo?? it was imposed and sustained by the United States. Also the “score” in Human lives is about a quarter of the real toll.

2. Vietnam War (1965-73) --> 1,700,000
Vietnam War toll inclusive of Laos, Cambodia is by far higher. Pol Pot Killing Fields regime too was propelled into power through the mess created by the US; and that adds a cool 1.2 million to the score.

“”Musharraf opposes Swat peace deal””

Gen Musharraf does not have the decency to stay quiet for the customary two (2) years post retirement. Apparently he is under pressure from his masters. Musharraf’s sense of timing is awful.

At an appropriate time he should be tried in a Shariah Court in Swat for mass treason for selling out Pakistan’s sovereignty; and for killing Pakistani citizens on Pakistani soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom