What's new

Supreme Court may call army for support

gnabi

New Recruit

Reaction score
The news coming out is that the Aiwan e Sadar is going to file a petition in Supreme Court to stop the resolution for restoration of judiciary. Even indicators are that the Supreme Court Chief Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar may call army for his assistance under the Constitution and the President may invoke article 58 2(b) and dissolve the assemblies.
Source: AAJ TV.
What do you think?
Will the army assist the CJ if requested?
Will the President invoke Article 58 2(b)?
What will be the reaction of masses?
Can we see a civil war and the success of American agenda?
:hitwall:

Simple and straight

Army wont meddle in this!!! COAS is a wise person he has already saved his institution very smartly and he wont let his institution be used and disgraced by some illegeal occupants of supreme court:smitten:

people would come out on streed and eiigeies current chief justice wouod be burnt across the country, mushraaf would have an immediate exit and whole nation would spit on the faces of trators and its ally.
what we need is ----> :sniper:

Simple and straight

Army wont meddle in this!!! COAS is a wise person he has already saved his institution very smartly and he wont let his institution be used and disgraced by some illegeal occupants of supreme court:smitten:

people would come out on streed and eiigeies current chief justice wouod be burnt across the country, mushraaf would have an immediate exit and whole nation would spit on the faces of trators and its ally.
what we need is ----> :sniper:

I think effigies are a thing of the past. Musharraf having an immediate exit? I have all my doubts. Power is too lucrative a thing to leave so easily.
Dreams are good but realities are mostly harsh.:guns:

I personally think the Army should get involved in this. This has the potential to become something really big and the Army should help mediate. I just wish the Army had gotten involved when Nawaz's goons ransacked the Supreme Court and its justices. The Chief justice at the time even sent a request to General Karamat for help but he told him the Army has no place in politics. At that time when democracy was being trashed the Army should of helped restore order and the rule of law.

I think effigies are a thing of the past. Musharraf having an immediate exit? I have all my doubts. Power is too lucrative a thing to leave so easily.
Dreams are good but realities are mostly harsh.:guns:

Power corrupts all and absolute power corrupt absolute.

I doubt Musharraf will be stupid enough to dissolve the assemblies. That will throw Pakistan into total chaos and possibly massive civil unrest.

I doubt Musharraf will be stupid enough to dissolve the assemblies. That will throw Pakistan into total chaos and possibly massive civil unrest.

If one is stupid enough to take on the judges in March and then impose emergency on 3 November and then remain in office even after a massive defeat; can you define what stupid enough really would be.:tsk:

ALL that which was posted here is hearsay , yap a pettetion has been lodge in SC by some mulvi lawyer , i dont know his name but he is a true patriot.... had seen him talking on geo tv back to last 1 month or so .

my, dear fellows plz keep in mind that what honurable CHOR ZARDARI is doing these days and what he is up too, why SC passed a rulling on the issue of uneducated persons elligibilty in the b- ELCTIONS, it seems there is no need to panic ! and situation is undercontrol , and in favour of AWAN-E-SADDAR.

No need to get worked up on this issue either.

If the judges are to be restored, it will be done with some proofing for Zardari and Musharraf's presidency.

Musharraf will finish out his 5 years in the Presidency. Every day that goes by, all the players are realizing that pushing for his removal by re-instating the former CJP will bring too much instability. What I suspect is that CJP will be brought back, he will retire quickly with his benefits along with the other justices and a new bench will be formed.

CJP Iftikhar was careful when he needed to be. I think he will also realize that rocking the boat further at this time is neither in Pakistan's nor his own interests.

The fact that Zardari told Aitzaz Ahsan to STFU on the CJ issue is a sign that all the parties are starting to cool down on this issue.

I agree with you. He doesn't have the support of the people or the Army. He is basically harmless now.

Does being harmless means leave the things as they are. I think Mr. 10% and Mushi and the Nawaz are all parts of the same nexus always trying to destabilize Pakistan. You know why should America attack Pakistan if it can destroy it economically and then Mr. 10% and Mushi can all live happily in UK like Shauki and Qasuri or in the US or in Spain in Chaudhry's Island.

It seems that Pakistans govts now and past dont ever controll the army. Is the army independant from govt or something. How much power does it have in pakistan?

Let the army punish the people by letting politicians run free to rape the country, I say. As soon as these politicians are elected, they beat people who don't agree with their views.

It seems that Pakistans govts now and past dont ever controll the army. Is the army independant from govt or something. How much power does it have in pakistan?

After ZAB, there has been no one who could see directly into the eye of the army chief without external support. NS was the other one (initially army protege), to try it. It worked to some extent under Karamat, who to some extent believed that politicians should run the country - but he tried it to Musharraf, and the result, well.....

The army IS/WAS/WILL the ultimate arbiter of Pakistan's future, in the short-to-medium term. Presently the army is discredited to some extent, so now it has gone back to the baracks. Even now no one, even the prime minister is going to tell them what they should/will do.

Apart from the one line item in the budget deciding their budget, the civilian govt of Pakistan has virtually no control.

Back
Top Bottom