What's new

Summary of the Indian Air Force active aircraft fleet

PAF is operating old mirages number in 181 ,largest fleet of mirage in the world after FRANCE , PAF WILL surely go for latest mirages because the old ones cant help in next 10 years .

Fair point, but has yet to be verified. Personally I thought the JF-17s would be filling in the gaps left by the old Mirages.

:crazy: People come up with some real weird **** here.

Mirage in PAF

Pakistan Air Force is the largest operator of Mirage III aircraft. With the assistance of France, PAF has upgraded mirage III through ROSE I, II and just recently III project. ROSE Upgrade gives the aircraft better ground attack capabilities like Anti-ship. Pakistan has recently bought many Mirage III aircraft from Lebanon and Libya. Pakistan considers the Mirage IIIV fighter/bomber a very good combat aircraft. Pakistan has considered many options in order to replace it in the future. JF-17 and F-16 are some of them. It's uncertain how long PAF will use this old war horse. During the mid 90s Pakistan Showed intrest in buying the mirage 2000,because of unavailable F-16s which was due to the Presler amendment. Military manpower Military age 16 years of age Availability 39,028,014 (2005) Males ages 16-49 Reaching military age males: 1,969,055 (2005) Active troops 620,000 (Ranked 7th) Military expenditures Dollar figure $3. ... Former South African Air Force Mirage IIICZ The Dassault Mirage III is a supersonic fighter aircraft designed in France during the 1950s, and manufactured both in France and a number of other countries. ... The J-9 is also known as the FC-1 or JF-17 is a third generation fighter jet being developed jointly by the Peoples Republic of China and Pakistan. ... The F-16 Fighting Falcon is a modern multi-role jet fighter aircraft built in the United States and used by dozens of countries all over the world. ... A Mirage 2000 of the Indian Air Force The Mirage 2000 is a French-built multi-role fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. ...

* Mirage III O 43

Air superiority interceptor and ground-attack fighter.

* Mirage III OD 7

Advanced Trainer and wartime ground-attack fighter.

* Mirage III E 40

* Mirage III EP 18

* Mirage III DP 2

* Mirage 5 58

Air superiority interceptor, ground-attack and anti-ship fighter.

* Mirage 5B 4

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Mirage in PAF

France had offered the Mirage 2000-V and upon re-evaluation, the PAF concluded that the model incorporated the technological jump that it had been looking for. The French offer was not based upon the PAF's operational requirement vis-a-vis its operational deployment in the event of war, but Paris agreed to remove the plane's deficiencies. The negotiations began to become unstuck when it came to the price tag of $3 billion for 32 aircraft, a figure that shot up to $4.1 billion when the cost of a 10-12 year financing package was included. The PAF continued to press for the technical package, but had to combat both tough French negotiating tactics and the Pakistan Government's reluctance to pay for such a large purchase. The deal was ultimately killed in late 1996 by the caretaker government of Malik Meraj Khalid, who was scared off by a distorted media campaign against the Mirage acquisition.

How China keeps the PAF flying

SO there is a past history about PAF AND FRENCH NEGOTIATIONS OVER MIRAGE 2000 ,WELL DUE TO PRICE MATTER IT WAS UNABLE TO FINALIZE ,NOW PAKISTAN WILL TRY TO ACQUIRE LATEST MIRAGES BECAUSE THERE IS TIME TO GROUND OLD FLEET ,WE HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE WID MIRAGES ,THERE ARE NOT MORE OPTIONS TO ACQIURE.

We all know pretty well the history about Mirages and PAF and the deal that didnt go in the 90s (because of 10%), so no point in copy pasting that stuff. Where does it say we will acquire 50+ mirages by 2020? or 40+ J11s for that matter?

"How china keeps the PAF flying " is a link I posted several days ago so I definitely know the whole history of PAF and the Mirages and China.

Give me a link where it says PAF is going to buy Mirage M2K by 2020 not the history of mirages and PAF. What was necessary (because of Pressler amendments) is not a necessity today. Now we are getting the F-16s, have FC-20s and have developed the JF-17s all of which were not there in the 90s when PAF evaluated the Mirages.

As other senior members have said, the only possibility of PAF going for used UAE (or qatari) M2Ks is if there is an exceptional deal on it that we cant resist. Other than that, I see no reason PAF would like to create another headache (in terms of different kinds of aircrafts) for itself when we are definitely inducting 250 JF-17s and also FC-20s. Sure we have Mirage facilities but that could be converted to JF-17 facility. We have good knowledge of that because we are part of the designers and manufacturers of that plane.

acquiring from QATAR or FRANCE ,IT IS THE MATTER OF FACT about mirage 2ks ,,,,,,,,,,,My point was PAKISTAN WILL ACQUIRE LATEST MIRAGES TO REPLACE ITS old mirage fleet ,,,,,,,,well my point is valid

DONT take it personally my dear

source- wikidepia
PAF NEXT 5YEARS PLAN
PAF NEXT 5YEARS PLAN
.......Aircraft ......................Number.... Attrition ...Current ....... Role
# Chengdu FC-20...........................36.. ..0...... 36 ......Advance Multirole & Air Superiority
#Lockheed Martin F-16 C/D Block 52+ 18....0 ........18..... Advance Multi-Role
#Lockheed Martin F-16AM/BM ..........60. ...0 ........60.... Multi-Role (44 Present)
# JF-17 Thunder ...........................250....0....... 250 ......Multi-Role (8 Present)
# F-7PG/T Skybolt-G ......................50 ....0 ........55 .......Interceptor ((55 Present)
#Dassault Mirage Rose Upgrade..........60... 0......... 60 .......Multi-Role (60 Present)
#Saab Erieye 2000 AEW ....................5 ....0.......... 5......... Airborne Early Warning (1 Present)
# Harbin ZDK-03 AEW&C ....................5.... 0.......... 5......... Air Borne Early Warning
#Ilyushin IL-78 Airborne Refueling ........4.... 0.......... 4 .........Airborne Aerial Refueling Tanker (2 Present)
#Lockheed Martin C-130B/E ..............30.... 6....... ..24....... Medium-Lift Transport (24 Present)
#CN-235 .........................................4.....0 ...........4........... Light-Lift Transport (4 Present)
# Karakouram K-8.............................60.. ....0 ........60 Intermediate Jet Trainer (40 Present)

my humble speculations
1]after these five years, the speed of induction of j10 might be faster as we might have established the avionics suite or establish someother aircraft but as of now we cant speculate on 2020

2]secondly i doubt that paf would go more mirages, [if the tension decreases]... as jf17 is supposed to remove us from the 'shackles' of the west .. atleast in the medium teck department.. paf wont spend the money on mirage level or j11b etc , as it can make jf17... and get j10.

3]pakistan might go for rafale[not mirage] after 2015 after indians have decidied their mrca..paf should have veriety [other than j10] in the hiteck departement[i'm not considering f16]

4]paf will save the money for f35 or jxx

5]2020 is far away to discuss at the moment

@posters
please dont post the old stories yet once again
mirage rose story
mirage2000 story
f16story
hypothetical lca story
f16 mlu comparison
j11 story
grippen revaluation story
***there are topics out there.. first read them.. most of these topics are 5years old and we all know them by heart.. so plz dont try to impress us in this thread
most of the info in this thread is either old or totally misleading as most people are clearly posting in wishful thinking.... how can we pakistanis predict india's 20year plan when most of the posts here arn't even close to paf requirments and objectives for the next 10years..

Last edited:
Do not take this thread as VS but

BLAH BLAH BLAH bullshit Indian fleet bullcrap list .......

by 2015 atleast 300 Indian air force fleet will be listed to be replaced that includes MIG 21, 23, 27, JAGS bringing down the number of squadrons or less fleet in current squadrons count the number of mig 21s aside from mig 21 BIS they total around 200 plus to be replaced by LCA which till 2015 will be 40 in number....MIG 23 will be grounded or already in parking lots looks like grounded or is being tagged as grounded for life...mig 27 that are being upgraded i doubt all 100 plus will be upgraded..at the most 80 will be upgraded that will drag their ***** till 2021..Jags will be dragging their ***** till 2021 around 70..
thats
BY 2020 SOMEWHAT INDIAN FLEET WILL BE
90 JAGS
80 MIG 27
125 MIG 21 BIS
90 LCA
60 MIRAGE 2000
Total MIG 29s 85... 69 MIG-29 SMT IAF plus 16 Ordered for Aircraft carrier
MKI 230
F-18 45
Harriers...no data perhaps 10-12
Thats a fleet of around ...817-857 more or less...

VS

F-16.. 78
J-10..72
JF-17..250 blk 1 and blk 2 maybe we increase our production line cuz unlike India we are no committed to lca, f-18, mki production line plus
so it could be around 300 JF-17s
Mirages 3-5...60
F-7...60
A total of 570 Fleet

Approx 817 TO 857 V 570 P.A.F Fleet we are pretty damn close realistically..
Please note that JF-17 production will reach 35 per year realistically by 2013 so i can guess maybe the 60 F-7s that i listed might takeover as JF-17s

that is a top notch fleet without thinking of F-16s rest of the fleet will all be with AESA radars and BVR...

why are we fighting over 2020 stuff man there will be alot of changes by then may PAF will have increase in their budget so they can even get rafeel who know lets wait and watch... what futures waits for PAF

by 2015 atleast 300 Indian air force fleet will be listed to be replaced that includes MIG 21, 23, 27, JAGS bringing down the number of squadrons or less fleet in current squadrons count the number of mig 21s aside from mig 21 BIS they total around 200 plus to be replaced by LCA which till 2015 will be 40 in number....MIG 23 will be grounded or already in parking lots looks like grounded or is being tagged as grounded for life...mig 27 that are being upgraded i doubt all 100 plus will be upgraded..at the most 80 will be upgraded that will drag their ***** till 2021..Jags will be dragging their ***** till 2021 around 70..
thats
90 JAGS
80 MIG 27
125 MIG 21 BIS
90 LCA
60 MIRAGE 2000
MKI 230
F-18 45

VS

F-16.. 78
J-10..72
JF-17..250 blk 1 and blk 2 maybe we increase our production line cuz unlike India we are no committed to lca, f-18, mki production line plus
Mirages 3-5...60
F-7...60
A total of 570 Fleet

Please note that JF-17 production will reach 35 per year realistically by 2013 so i can guess maybe the 60 F-7s that i listed might takeover as JF-17s

that is a top notch fleet without thinking of F-16s rest of the fleet will all be with AESA radars and BVR...

but i guss we need 650 plus fighting force?
why not to include, 50 J-11bs, & 50 mirrages 2000s?;):):tup:

thats
90 JAGS
80 MIG 27
125 MIG 21 BIS
90 LCA
60 MIRAGE 2000
MKI 230
F-18 45

VS

F-16.. 78
J-10..72
Mirages 3-5...60
F-7...60
A total of 570 Fleet

What happened to 124 (possibly 200) MRCA ?

IAF 2020

more realistic LIST!

- 220 Su-30 MKI
- 126 4.5 gen MRCA
- 40 LCA
- 100 Mig-29 and Mirage-2000 "upgraded" (over the decade accidents will reduce their numbers).
1/3 of Mig-21,23,27, & jag fleet will be retired.

=================
well in that case pakistan just need to nuke the **** off all their bases to make it 0 that super power dream will end.

thanks mate humor is always refreshing :yahoo:

thank you sureshji for your awesome one liner:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom