What's new

Sultanate of Sulu demand the return of Sabah from Malaysia?

No you are a dumb and blind wannabe patriot. Show us proof that Philippines was pursuing claims to Sabah prior to the late 60's. Do you have any claims filed to the U.N. prior to the late 60's. Did the Philippines make any presentations to Malaysia? Show real proof not blah blah to us or crawl back to your cave. You are the one trying to steal someone else's land.

The Malaysians would never back a group of terrorists when they are backed by the Commonwealth. I don't see any Malaysians supporting the rebels

The Malaysians would never back a group of terrorists when they are backed by the Commonwealth. I don't see any Malaysians supporting the rebels

Officially no, but who knows? Read some stories about rebellion in southern thailand and where they got supplies from.

Officially no, but who knows? Read some stories about rebellion in southern thailand and where they got supplies from.

You could be right. We just don't know yet

Malaysia Standoff with Armed Filipinos Ends in Violence

Standoff Ended in Violence - World news | NBC News

MANILA (Reuters) - A standoff between Malaysian security forces and armed Filipinos ended in violence on Friday, with at least two police officers killed amid conflicting reports of casualties as Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak declared his patience had run out.

Malaysian state news agency Bernama said that two police commandoes had been killed in a mortar attack and two wounded after security forces tried to force out the group of at least 100 Filipinos who have been holed up in eastern Sabah state for more than two weeks.

Malaysia raids Sabah village to end standoff
At least 10 reportedly killed in clashes on Malaysian island occupied by armed clan from Philippines.
Last Modified: 01 Mar 2013 10:03

Malaysia raids Sabah village to end stand-off - YouTube

A Filipino clan leader who occupied a Malaysian village in the island of Sabah with nearly 200 followers has said the Malaysian police opened fired at them, reportedly killing at least 10 of its members.

Raja Muda Abimuddin Kiram, the leader of the armed group, told Al Jazeera's Jamela Alindogan on Saturday that authorities fired at them in an apparent bid to end the three-week standoff that threatened to complicate the relations between the two countries.

Alindogan reported she "could hear gunshots [in] the background", when she talked to Kiram on the phone.

Raul Hernandez, spokesman of the Philippine foreign ministry, has confirmed the incident but did not elaborate on the reported Filipino fatalities.

Hernandez, however, said two Malaysian police officers were killed and another one wounded, after their vehicle were reportedly fired upon by the Kiram group.

"The ambassador said that the standoff is now over," Hernandez said refering to Datu Mohd Zamri, Malaysian ambassador to the Philippines, who met with Philippine foreign minister Albert del Rosario.

In Malaysia, Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak said the armed Filipino clan should leave the area as soon as possible, according to the Bernama state news agency.

"We will not let this issue to prolong," Razak said. "We will do what it takes to defend the sovereignty of our country."

Territorial claim

Members of a Muslim royal clan who call themselves the 'Royal Sulu Army' from southern Philippines landed in a coastal village in Sabah on February 9 to claim the territory as their own, citing ownership documents from the late 1800s.

They ignored appeals from Philippine President Benigno Aquino III to leave immediately or face prosecution at home on charges of triggering armed conflict.

The group claimed that they made the decision to occupy the Sabah village in protest at the Philippine government's continued indifference to their claim.

Mar Roxas, the Philippine interior secretary, said that according to the Philippine police attaché in Malaysia, the police in Sabah fired warning shots. Roxas had no reports of any casualties.

On Tuesday, Aquino urged Kiram's brother in the southern province of Sulu, Sultan Jamalul Kiram III, to order his followers to return home and called their action a "foolhardy act'' that was bound to fail.

The standoff elevated the Sabah territorial issue, which has been a thorn in the Philippine-Malaysian relations for decades, to a Philippine national security concern.

The crisis erupted at a crucial stage of peace negotiations, arranged by Malaysia between the Philippine government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, the largest Muslim rebel group in the southern Philippines.

Aquino has said that the standoff may have been an attempt to undermine his government on the part of those opposing the peace deal, including politicians and warlords who fear being left out in any power sharing arrangements.

The Malaysian government continues to pay the Kiram clan of Sulu a supposed annual rent for the use of Sabah.

The Philippines this week sent a navy ship with social and medical workers off Lahad Datu while trying to persuade the Filipinos to return home.

Malaysia raids Sabah village to end standoff - Asia-Pacific - Al Jazeera English

No you are a dumb and blind wannabe patriot. Show us proof that Philippines was pursuing claims to Sabah prior to the late 60's. Do you have any claims filed to the U.N. prior to the late 60's. Did the Philippines make any presentations to Malaysia? Show real proof not blah blah to us or crawl back to your cave. You are the one trying to steal someone else's land.
In the first place, you missed the point. Sabah is owned by the Sultanate of Sulu who recognizes the Philippines as their country. So legally, the Philippines hold the right to claim for Sabah since the Sultan of Sulu already ceded by the then reigning, HM Sultan Muhammad Esmail E. Kiram I, to the Republic of the Philippines. By ceding all territory to the Philippines by its rightful owner, Sabah became effectively the territory of the Philippines. Also, the fact that Malaysia has been renting Sabah from the Sultanate, clearly shows that it does not own Sabah. If you rent a property, it means you don't own it. Get that you ignorant fool.

In the first place, you missed the point. Sabah is owned by the Sultanate of Sulu who recognizes the Philippines as their country. So legally, the Philippines hold the right to claim for Sabah since the Sultan of Sulu already ceded by the then reigning, HM Sultan Muhammad Esmail E. Kiram I, to the Republic of the Philippines. By ceding all territory to the Philippines by its rightful owner, Sabah became effectively the territory of the Philippines. Also, the fact that Malaysia has been renting Sabah from the Sultanate, clearly shows that it does not own Sabah. If you rent a property, it means you don't own it. Get that you ignorant fool.

Wow you Pinoy bots never ceases to amaze me. :rofl: By your flawed logic, then all you Filipinos should get off the Philippine Island as it is historically property of Spain that was sold to us. I pity you, your shallow understanding of sovereignty is a result of your country's failed education system. Don't dare use your kangaroo logic in the real world, you will further embarrass your self.

Wow you Pinoy bots never ceases to amaze me. :rofl: By your flawed logic, then all you Filipinos should get off the Philippine Island as it is historically property of Spain that was sold to us. I pity you, your shallow understanding of sovereignty is a result of your country's failed education system. Don't dare use your kangaroo logic in the real world, you will further embarrass your self.
You are twisting facts. Obviously you don’t know the real story. Anyway the difference of the claim for Sabah is GENUINE. Sultan of Sulu owns Sabah thru historical and legal rights. The heirs will not fight their right to regain Sabah for generations if they have no valid documents while Chinazi claim, in the absence of bullying and military might that is spawned by greed and without any grain of truth. In other words, equal to feces in the septic tank. No wonder if your Gov’t doesn’t want to settle the issue at the International Court. Right? What a shameless hooligan thief indeed.

This is just the beginning, just watch out for the next episode there will be more of this shootings soon there in Sabah :lol:

You seem to enjoy what's happening.
No, I actually feel sad for those Sultan's followers that were killed.

24pmcy9.jpg

(Sulu Heirs)

2mrxj7p.jpg

Well what I’m just saying is that the standoff may be over but this is just the BEGINNING. If you know what I mean. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom