What's new

Sukkar: ISI office under attack

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
According to media, there were several blasts outside the office and 4 terrorists are involved who are currently at unknown place.

According to my sources: 7-8 blasts at ISI office, atleast 8-10 terrorists, part of building is sabotaged, including the commissioner's office.

Over 90 injured, atleast 2 dead by now, heavy firing being exchanged by Rangers and terrorists.

----

Edit: Dawn news reporting online.

KARACHI: A series of back to back blasts and gunfire rocked an upscale neighbourhood in the southern town of Sukkur Wednesday evening, killing at least one person and injuring at least 40 others.

Sukkur is located around 500 kilometres from Karachi, the main city of Sindh province. The explosions hit the city's Barrage Colony area where the offices of security forces and intelligence agencies are located.

Masood Bangash, the deputy superintendent of police in Sukkur said the local offices of the Inter-Services Intelligence seemed to be the main target.

Up to 10 gunmen attacked the heavily guarded compound and detonated four bombs, he said. Sounds of sporadic gunfire were heard in the area following the blasts.

However, provincial Information Minister Sharjeel Memon said it was premature to say who was targeted.

"I can confirm at least four blasts hit the posh locality which also houses several officers. I can't say who was the target or how the attackers entered the area," said the information minister, adding that police and Rangers paramilitary personnel had reached the area.

"The wounded have been shifted to the hospital where they are undergoing medical treatment. I can only confirm 15 injured so far," he said.

Daring of these rag tag terrorists is growing day by day....

Not good in any condition for any country... I hope govt. of Pakistan will wake up & take some solid steps to finish em up..

R.I.P to fallen ones...

Members of 2 hardline J!hadist websites i.e. Jamia Hafsa Urdu Forum and ansar1.info are claiming that the elite TTP unit set up by Adnan Rashid to target Military installations and Prisons is involved in the assault.

Can anybody confirm this?

Remember a few days back 24 pagers of Guru Grant Sahib the Sikh's Holy Book were torn
do u think its linked ?

thanks for the update sir...a very sad incident, i wonder if they had any such intelligence related to the attack
I believe not.

The commissioner's office is the target, if they needed any information, with insider involvement, it would be much easier. Currently heavy battle is being fought, everything will come out slowly. Cannot rule out anything yet.

Mr @Last Hope first off all thank you very much for your update.

First of all here is latest update.
civilians killed :1
civilians injured:35
Terrorists killed:04

Second,I ask you all,if rangers are deployed in Sukkur then how it becomes possible for them to bring a truck which is loaded with explosive?

Most prominently,why security was not increased when it was found few days before that terrorists were found making bomb,which was later on blown up accidentally while they were working on it?

This seriously questions again about the security situation of Pakistan. Definitely,the objective of terrorits seems crystal clear that to prove that Pakistani regime is failed to provide safe-guards.

Last edited by a moderator:

I information says 83 civilians were so far injured. The spokesman says 15 were injured. Figures will climb up, I hope there are least casualties in civilians and we find survivors in terrorists to be 'enjoyed' by the ISI guys.

According to Dunya News, (As at 10 PM), one terrorist who was injured, has been captured. Part of the ISI building is damaged.

Members of 2 hardline J!hadist websites i.e. Jamia Hafsa Urdu Forum and ansar1.info are claiming that the elite TTP unit set up by Adnan Rashid to target Military installations and Prisons is involved in the assault.

Can anybody confirm this?

All such attacks are carried out by TTP pigs .... and Adnan Rashid ... Had the judiciary punished these terrorists, he wouldn't have escaped alive from Bannu Jail ... Curses on Iftikhar Choudhary ..

Back
Top Bottom