What's new

Suicide Bombings at Kabul Demonstration Kill, Injure Over 300

Your opinion: Considering, Iran is heavily recruiting Hazara -Shia- to fight sectarian war in Syria

• Iran is responsible and the reason ISIS targeted Hazaras.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ISIS would have came to Afghanistan regardless of Hazara recruiting.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Genghis khan1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36874570
Kabul explosion: Islamic State 'admits attack on Hazara protest

So-called Islamic State has said it was behind an attack on a protest march in the Afghan capital, Kabul, that killed 80 people and wounded 230.

The IS-linked Amaq news agency said two fighters "detonated explosive belts at a gathering of Shia" in Kabul.

The attack in Deh Mazang square targeted thousands from the Shia Hazara minority who were protesting over a new power line, saying its route bypasses provinces where many of them live.

The Taliban have condemned the attack.

Spokesperson Zabiullah Mujaheed sent an e-mail to the media saying they were not behind it.

Self-styled IS has a presence in eastern Afghanistan but has not previously admitted carrying out assaults in the capital.

_90495834_mediaitem90495833.jpg
Image copyrightAP
Image captionThe attack targeted the Hazara minority who have often complained of discrimination
_90495118_034187823-1.jpg
Image copyrightAFP
Image captionThe Kabul protest had drawn thousands from the mostly Shia Hazara community
An Afghan intelligence source told the BBC that an IS commander named Abo Ali had sent three jihadists from the Achen district of Nangarhar province to carry out the Kabul attack.

The interior ministry said only one attacker had successfully detonated an explosives belt. The belt of the second failed to explode and the third attacker was killed by security forces.

'Death to discrimination'
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani addressed the nation on TV, declaring Sunday a day of national mourning.

"I promise you I will take revenge against the culprits," he said.

He had earlier issued a statement saying: "Peaceful protest is the right of every citizen, but opportunist terrorists infiltrated the crowds and carried out the attack."

What is behind the power line protest?

Islamic State group: The full story

_90495841_mediaitem90495838.jpg
Image copyrightEPA
Image captionThe Hazaras - mostly Shia Muslims - make up the third largest group in Afghanistan
_90495511_034187819-1.jpg
Image copyrightAFP
Image captionThere was a large police presence for the march
_90495119_afghanhazara4640716.png

A freelance journalist working for BBC Afghan said blood and body parts were everywhere, with debris strewn around.

A large part of Kabul's city centre had been sealed off for the protest march.

The demonstrators had waved banners and chanted "death to discrimination", angry that the 500kV power transmission line from Turkmenistan to Kabul would not pass through Bamyan and Wardak provinces, which have large Hazara populations.

The Hazaras - mostly Shia Muslims - live mainly in the centre of the country.

They complain of persistent discrimination, especially during Taliban rule in the late 1990s, when many of them fled to Pakistan, Iran and Tajikistan.

_86601327_line976.jpg

Who are the Hazaras?
  • Of Mongolian and Central Asian descent
  • Mainly practise Shia Islam, in predominantly Sunni Afghanistan and Pakistan
  • Thought to be the third largest ethnic group in Afghanistan
  • Estimates suggest they make up 15-20% of Afghanistan's population, which is thought to be about 30 million
  • At least 600,000 Hazaras live in Pakistan, most of them in Quetta
  • Legend has it they are descendants of Genghis Khan and his soldiers, who invaded Afghanistan in the 13th Century
_86601327_line976.jpg

War of the militants
_83936116_is3.png

Image captionThere have been serious clashes between Afghan militants allied with Islamic State and Taliban fighters
The Taliban and Islamic State have been locked in frequent battles in Afghanistan since January 2015.

The Taliban's dominance in a region home to numerous local and foreign militant groups is facing a serious challenge from IS, which has been gaining some support.

There has also been evidence that IS is trying to recruit Taliban fighters, with several Taliban commanders declaring allegiance to IS.

visalidivanisohbetlerc-htm-me2485c7.jpg

........................................................................................
The voting you made makes no sense to me. isis in afghanistan is a shararat because TTP is rebranding themselves to isis and who funded TTP? isis in afghanistan is on a ventilator and have nothing in common with iraqi or syrian ones.

My view.

visalidivanisohbetlerc-htm-me2485c7.jpg

........................................................................................
The voting you made makes no sense to me. isis in afghanistan is a shararat because TTP is rebranding themselves to isis and who funded TTP? isis in afghanistan is on a ventilator and have nothing in common with iraqi or syrian ones.

My view.
ISIS came to Afghanistan because Iran is recruiting from Afghanistan. They want to hit Hazaras in their recruiting ground instead of Syria.

Pakistan security force launched an intelligence based operation to destroy Irani runned Shia training and recruiting center in parachinar, terrorist destined for Syria and Iraq.

13729186_590541477783712_7647247799768747939_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/LandOfPure...4395040065027/590541477783712/?type=3&theater

Back
Top Bottom