What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

Haha I say enjoy the entertainment till it lasts pakistani propaganda websites are under scanner and mostly likely will be banned in India with some trigger that we all know too well Pakistani army must be planning against India haha...

so njoy
It gets old after a time. Trolling is fun, but after a while it degrades the pysche. At the end, all you have is mud slung by both sides.

If its entertainment you're after, visit entertainment sites. If it's international discussion you want, visit forums such as these.

From a Pakistani member (emphasis added by me):

So moral codification eh. that is thinking out of the box however a moral code is as good as the people who follow it. If followed religiously, it has the power to impact others and even increase the following of moral code and while everybody has their own concept of morality.

First of all you guys need to understand that what you are going for is descriptive morality which means that your code of ethics does not claim what is right or wrong but what is considered right or wrong. You are not building normative morality where it is claimed that it is actually right or wrong in a strict sense.

for example in the latter one would say that murder is a moral wrong. Putting law aside and speaking on moral sense, murder is wrong. So when murder is condemned and punished however in the former the example of coming home early to spend time with your family is apt. One should spent time with their families. That is morally correct but if he doesnt then can you punish him? ofcourse not. You can ignore him, shun or even berate him but not punish him.

You guys are in descriptive morality. If someone swears to your code of conduct and then disobeys then you guys cannot ask him to be banned. You guys can put him on your ignore list and berate him that he has no honor but you guys cant penalize him. The reason why i wrote this is because at the start this descriptive moral code of conduct will be looked at very skeptically by every other party on the forum so if this is presented in a hostile manner or in a manner where it takes a form of code of law, they will be disgruntled and many that have joined would express dissatisfaction. Which is why it is imperative how you present the code and how you implement it.

If somebody disagrees with your code or states that the code is foolish or wrong e.t.c. then you cannot tell him to 'eff off' or 'We dont need you anyway. This code isnt for the likes of you' No. This cannot be the reply. The reply must be in lines with
'This moral code of conduct takes inspiration from the the moral code that governs the Union of India and is taught to us by our fathers and mothers and have been taught to us through generations. If you disagree then by all means however we wish that one day you will come around'

Post this you can ignore him or not that is your call.

This way the impact would be far larger. Remember societies have written codes and unwritten codes and do you know why the unwritten codes function just as well as the unwritten ones. The reason is the above.

:offtopic:

:nhl_checking:
Holy sheet, that's succinctly put.

This code of conduct only has so much power as the members that observe it. There's bound to be dissenters, but it largely has to be consensual and majority driven rather than punitive.

From a Pakistani member (emphasis added by me):

So moral codification eh. that is thinking out of the box however a moral code is as good as the people who follow it. If followed religiously, it has the power to impact others and even increase the following of moral code and while everybody has their own concept of morality.

First of all you guys need to understand that what you are going for is descriptive morality which means that your code of ethics does not claim what is right or wrong but what is considered right or wrong. You are not building normative morality where it is claimed that it is actually right or wrong in a strict sense.

for example in the latter one would say that murder is a moral wrong. Putting law aside and speaking on moral sense, murder is wrong. So when murder is condemned and punished however in the former the example of coming home early to spend time with your family is apt. One should spent time with their families. That is morally correct but if he doesnt then can you punish him? ofcourse not. You can ignore him, shun or even berate him but not punish him.

You guys are in descriptive morality. If someone swears to your code of conduct and then disobeys then you guys cannot ask him to be banned. You guys can put him on your ignore list and berate him that he has no honor but you guys cant penalize him. The reason why i wrote this is because at the start this descriptive moral code of conduct will be looked at very skeptically by every other party on the forum so if this is presented in a hostile manner or in a manner where it takes a form of code of law, they will be disgruntled and many that have joined would express dissatisfaction. Which is why it is imperative how you present the code and how you implement it.

If somebody disagrees with your code or states that the code is foolish or wrong e.t.c. then you cannot tell him to 'eff off' or 'We dont need you anyway. This code isnt for the likes of you' No. This cannot be the reply. The reply must be in lines with
'This moral code of conduct takes inspiration from the the moral code that governs the Union of India and is taught to us by our fathers and mothers and have been taught to us through generations. If you disagree then by all means however we wish that one day you will come around'

Post this you can ignore him or not that is your call.

This way the impact would be far larger. Remember societies have written codes and unwritten codes and do you know why the unwritten codes function just as well as the unwritten ones. The reason is the above.

:offtopic:

:nhl_checking:

Its really on topic.

No one wants to listen anything against to your belonging country. Everyone loves their country, state and city.

Since it is a Pakistan form the most of the times if discussion happens then people start trolling. If we Indians also start responding then end with ban or negative rating.

No one us saint here or not everyone can control to himself by not responding.

So best way to divert your mind and try to avoid any depth discussion.

Most of times I could see people do troll on every form. Its very tough to not respond by nature.

tera bhi koi rule waghera ka locha hai to abhi bata de . :o: sara din tu bengladeshiyoo ki threads main moo marta rehta hai :D 3rd class poster hai tu is forum ka dalit :lol:

bade bhai, it wont be forgot lol. Was always fun to get into those with you haha.

Miss the old gang and the old days....django, desertfox, mustakhaf, majorsam, desertfighter, AMG, aungzaya etc etc (I am forgetting some names I am sure)...we would get up to no good so much lol.

But we did go too far sometimes....but that era has come to close now.

You know what though, some BD members I fought so much with....they have my full respect now, some even become friends with me outside of here...it would surprise many from the earlier time lol.

It won't have happened if I never bashed them and them back at me.

A good scrap, you see the other's true mettle and spirit....and which ones are honest consistent fellows and which ones are sleazy wishy washy "run to mods" waaah type....and start all new kind of boy who cried wolf dynamics there lol.

I respect honesty and honour in the end....and those that have thick skin on top and persevere through all the hits you send them and dont back down..... are the best people, the salt of the earth everywhere....it is indeed an honour to share this 3rd rock from the sun with them....may their lives be as long as possible, may their children be just like them.

The country that has most of such people, will be the most successful in the end.

So best way to divert your mind and try to avoid any depth discussion.

If that's what works for you, great.

I spend more and more time reading; when writing out the narrative for the India Pakistan Conflict (of 1965, at present), it became more and more apparent that nobody has written a bi-partisan account. For that, we have to read what both sides have to say. So that's what I'm doing, and that's why I no longer feel much of an urge to respond with vehemence to any post, however silly that post might be.

The thing is to maintain our own standards, each individual by himself or herself. These standards are not 'rules', these are guides to oneself, by oneself.

Could someone help collate the suggestions for inclusion in the code? Anyone? @BL33D?

I spend more and more time reading; when writing out the narrative for the India Pakistan Conflict (of 1965, at present), it became more and more apparent that nobody has written a bi-partisan account. For that, we have to read what both sides have to say. So that's what I'm doing, and that's why I no longer feel much of an urge to respond with vehemence to any post, however silly that post might be.

The thing is to maintain our own standards, each individual by himself or herself. These standards are not 'rules', these are guides to oneself, by oneself.

Could someone help collate the suggestions for inclusion in the code? Anyone? @BL33D?
Adaab Chacha @Joe Shearer

Haha I say enjoy the entertainment till it lasts pakistani propaganda websites are under scanner and mostly likely will be banned in India with some trigger that we all know too well Pakistani army must be planning against India haha...

so njoy
You are still in secret service, lambu?

<sigh!>

Thanks to all who rushed forward spontaneously.

I always do voice call within 1 week and vedio call...

At least I have 7 girls to talk. So I have less time for bdf..

Even don't get time yo talk to everyone. So I try to discuss and say anything if think I need to... Otherwise I just ignore and focus on girls... Do not response to Pakistani trolls.

It works for me..
:o::suicide:

There is an irresistible urge by the noted Sanghis on this forum to bash Muslims and Islam. It is in their DNA and we can't change that. Most of it is made up of the latest fake forwards from the various Sanghi WhatsApp groups that they subscribe to.

I suggest making a "sticky" or "sub-forum" where such posts can be made and others can respond to in kind. Restrict the Sanghis to posting only on this "sticky" or "sub-forum". That prevents them from derailing other threads and trolling all over.

@Shantanu_Left

Point noted. No WhatsApp forwards or extreme right-wing sources such as Opindia will be accepted. We don't want to burden the moderators right now, but we will request them to deal with those kind of Whatsapp forwards more stringently in the future. Right now our focus is to stick to a code of conduct among all the decent Indian members. Only then we can extend the rules for others.

Presently we cannot control the Sanghi trolls except report them for off-topic and inflammatory posts, a burden which all legit Indian posters will share. At best, it's best to totally ignore them, and not encourage the trolling or bait-switching. Give it a month and maybe we'll have enough unity to make them behave properly.

As much as it pains you, currently you will have to discuss any topics with the Sanghis as if they were your kinsmen. :woot:

Stop imposing on pdf and the world your indian version of history extracted from hindu holy texts ...

This attitude contributes to trolling. The actual issue is hindered while we fix your history..

I am afraid if there are going to be Indian posters on this forum, there will be an "Indian version" of history such as airplanes and Internet 5000 years ago. :woot:

But we'll try our best to minimize the impact of those diversionary posts.

I'll do it later in the evening and you can edit your OP to finalize the changes. Let's have more ideas, and edits on any points. Anyone have any objections on any particular points, please come forward.

@Joe Shearer @Shantanu_Left A welcome initiative, we are percieved here as guests, we should behave as such.

Fully agree on the bullet points. If nothing meaningful can be added, stay silent. Recognise that people can disagree with you and are allowed to dislike and vent about you, especially if it's in their own national forum.

Not every provocation or India bashing thread requires an internet warrior to defend our country, arguments with strangers online won't solve our problems, or have any decernable effect anywhere. If posts can be backed up by facts, provide them, else either ignore or report unruly behaviour. Getting down and dirty doesn't help fruitful exchange. Learn to disengage.

Each countries media is biased towards its own narrative. Stop posting threads to lord over some percieved victory, especially if they originate from your homeland. News against each other by the respective media outlets should be either taken with a truckload of salt or posted only after being picked up by other international sources. Multiple sources, rather than twitter tweets or YouTube videos should be the norm.

Stop using sources when it suits narratives only to decry them later when they don't.

We should seriously learn to laugh at ourselfs sometimes, nothing else defangs a troll that quickly.

I am definitely seeing a lot of Indian posters willing to abide by the proposed code. Only time will tell if everyone delivers on their promise. I'm an optimist. :what:

Point noted. No WhatsApp forwards or extreme right-wing sources such as Opindia will be accepted. We don't want to burden the moderators right now, but we will request them to deal with those kind of Whatsapp forwards more stringently in the future. Right now our focus is to stick to a code of conduct among all the decent Indian members. Only then we can extend the rules for others.

Presently we cannot control the Sanghi trolls except report them for off-topic and inflammatory posts, a burden which all legit Indian posters will share. At best, it's best to totally ignore them, and not encourage the trolling or bait-switching. Give it a month and maybe we'll have enough unity to make them behave properly.

As much as it pains you, currently you will have to discuss any topics with the Sanghis as if they were your kinsmen. :woot:

I am afraid if there are going to be Indian posters on this forum, there will be an "Indian version" of history such as airplanes and Internet 5000 years ago. :woot:

But we'll try our best to minimize the impact of those diversionary posts.

I'll do it later in the evening and you can edit your OP to finalize the changes. Let's have more ideas, and edits on any points. Anyone have any objections on any particular points, please come forward.

I am definitely seeing a lot of Indian posters willing to abide by the proposed code. Only time will tell if everyone delivers on their promise. I'm an optimist. :what:
To be honest, flaiming and trolling are rarely initiated intentionally. Most of the times it's a reaction to a provocation.

Everyone's inherently a decent person untill the opposing party says something disagreable or offensive, after that only Nukes will do:disagree:

Its the self triggering mechanism that needs to be addressed. Overall, even I'm optimistic about this initiative, but pragmatically someone, somewhere will piss you off and then it's back to the basics with this.

1) No religious abuse: We should not make any Islamophobic or Hinduphobic remarks. The following topics cross the line for Muslim posters: any adverse remarks on Holy Quran, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and Islamic rituals such as Azaan prayer or Qurbani. For Hindu posters, the sensitive issues are cow slaughter, remarks related to cow urine consumption (I have made that myself many times but volunteering to stop now). Surely other Hindu posters can let us know what remarks they find truly offensive.

2) No profanity: sure you can use the "f's" and "b's" rarely, and when it's in context. But not to express your anger or displeasure. And I'm one user that has used profanity many times. If I can desist, so can you.

3) Being hospitable and friendly to Pakistani posters: we are on their forum. It's a really sad thing that there's not a single Indian forum where we can have a democracy of opinions. We should be friendly to all Pakistani posters, not question their country's existence, not remind them frequently of 1971 war. It's not too much to ask. If any Pakistani posters are being very hostile, you can report them to the mod's, block/ignore them, or simply choose not to reply them.

stop posting indian media its a joke now

If its a code of conduct for us, I propose -
  • Dont gloat until its concluded
  • Stop making hyperbolic assumptions
  • Provide reasonable evidence for your argument. Also extraordinary arguments require extraordinary evidence.
  • Stop getting baited by every comment. Its not a social media page.

Avoid trolls and don't be a troll. Respond professionally and be courteous. Use arguments to defend your position. Also, avoid religion. In fact, all threads on religion should be banned from PDF. It's just too inflammatory.

We can definitely have something along the lines of post NEUTRAL sources where possible. Here is a list of neutral sources according to me (not Wikipedia):
1) BBC
2) CNN
3) Guardian (UK)
4) Straits Times (Singapore)
5) Independent (UK)
6) USA Today
7) Washington Post
8) Reuters
9) Associated Press
10) Agence France Presse

4. No Personal attacks/off-topic posts: Another point which can be no. 4 is do not derail any threads with inflammatory, off-topic posts, and also desist from Personal attacks. Do not question any user's country of origin or loyalty on the Internet.,

I think following Indian news channels can be attributed here which consists of channels that can be attributed to spectrum of opinions . These are my suggestions:

1. The Hindu
2. The Statesman
3. Siasat Daily
4. Swarajya
5.The Wire
6. Quint

I like all these points. Let me codify and combine them here them here as number 5 and 6.

5. Do not make too many assumptions: Dont gloat until its concluded. Stop making hyperbolic assumptions.
6. Provide evidence where possible. Try to provide reasonable evidence for your argument. Also extraordinary arguments might require extraordinary evidence if you want others to believe you.

Stop getting baited part --
already covered in number 4.

Good, let's keep going. Please try to have high-level ideas. We will combine them in the end where possible for simplicity.

My advice to Indians on here :

- Steer clear of racist bigots.

- Don't argue.

- Don't make posts hinting at any sort of 'irony', snowflakes will report.

- Use ignore button.

- Do not make any posts comparing India to Pakistan, you will be trolled.

- Don't respond to trolls, mods won't help you.

- Most importantly, use your wits, back your posts up with facts, PDF is not a level playing field, so be ready to lose.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm not Indian but I've had my run-ins with the racist lot on here and racism of any kind shouldn't be allowed.

It's appalling to see comments openly against Hinduism and comparing Indians to 'animals' are allowed.

This is a discussion forum not a high school diss fight.

Noticing a lot Indians getting banned lately, what's up with that some mod on a crusade ?

There is an irresistible urge by the noted Sanghis on this forum to bash Muslims and Islam. It is in their DNA and we can't change that. Most of it is made up of the latest fake forwards from the various Sanghi WhatsApp groups that they subscribe to.

I suggest making a "sticky" or "sub-forum" where such posts can be made and others can respond to in kind. Restrict the Sanghis to posting only on this "sticky" or "sub-forum". That prevents them from derailing other threads and trolling all over.

@Shantanu_Left

My simple rules are

1. Staying away from 'Threads on purpose'. Most of the times, the thread title and the name of the opening poster are enough to indicate that the quality of discussion will go spiralling down in no time. It is ALWAYS better to stay out of fence rather than wrestling in muds for nothing.

2. Be cautious whom you are quoting. A pig is never going to lead you to a garden.

3. Whenever you find a potentially fertile thread, do tag members you know to be polite and knowledgeable irrespective of their nationality. They may not join always but they shall join in some.

4. Most of us are not mature enough to ignore the one liners, insults to our country, political affiliations. It is perfectly normal to free angry. If you can't resist replying do hit the ignore button. An argument is never going to transform a pig to a ballet dancer.
________________________________________________________________________________________
THE STORY SO FAR​
________________________________________________________________________________________

Back
Top Bottom