What's new

Successful Trials Of AW139 helicopter in Pakistan

313baberali

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.helipress.it/schede-1761-l_aw139_ha_completato_i_test_hotehigh_in_pakistanpakistan
aw139_hel_1469450073.jpg

Leonardo, July 25, 2016 - Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced today that the AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopter showed outstanding hot and high altitude performance and mission capabilities during recent trials in Pakistan, reached on a ferry flight from Italy.

The trials were conducted in the central desert area of Multan, where temperatures touched 49 °C with the helicopter still being able to take-off at its MTOW, and in the northern areas of the Karakoram Range where the helicopter demonstrated its operational capabilities in hot and high environments.

The extensive flights performed in the high temperature desert areas included demonstrations of the AW139s tactical low level flight capabilities and the ability to shut down and restart engines in just one minute.

High altitude performance flights included take-offs and landings on unprepared surfaces at 16,300 feet density altitude and flights at 20,000 ft pressure altitude.

The most demanding missions in terms of altitude and temperature were all performed with at least eight passengers and two pilots on board, in a fully mission equipped configuration, including a passenger transport layout with up to 12 seats, air conditioning, a comprehensive avionic package encompassing TCAS II (Traffic Collision Avoidance System), HF radio, plus rescue hoist and cargo hook provisions. The most demanding missions performed also included fuel for well in excess of one hour of flight plus required reserves.

The aircraft demonstrated significant power index margins in the most demanding conditions, highlighting its unrivalled performance and handling capabilities in an extremely challenging environment

Last edited:
http://www.helipress.it/schede-1761-l_aw139_ha_completato_i_test_hotehigh_in_pakistanpakistan
View attachment 322034
Leonardo, July 25, 2016 - Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced today that the AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopter showed outstanding hot and high altitude performance and mission capabilities during recent trials in Pakistan, reached on a ferry flight from Italy.

Wow, that's one expensive heli Pakistan wants to buy without having combat capability. This puppy is state of the art and comes for around Euros 8-10 million, meaning like 12-14 Million dollars!!

You could get a used F-16 A/B for this much money and MLU it for another couple of millions and extend the service life for the next 10 years with FALCON/STAR upgrades!!

Any source which says that Pakistan is buying these? All I'm reading in the article is about trials.

Wow, that's one expensive heli Pakistan wants to buy without having combat capability. This puppy is state of the art and comes for around Euros 8-10 million, meaning like 12-14 Million dollars!!

You could get a used F-16 A/B for this much money and MLU it for another couple of millions and extend the service life for the next 10 years with FALCON/STAR upgrades!!

We are looking for helos, what are the cheaper alternatives.

Sir Italy and China and Turkey and Russia are most easy sources for us. We can get helicopters from these countries at good price and without much diplomatic fuss.

These have been flying in Pakistan since 2004. Used by AKDN. Flew in one of these for a bit as well.

Interesting thing about serendipity; Pakistan wanted the UH-60 due to its wide usage, but in terms of speed and safety these aircraft tend to outperform the UH-60. During the 2005 earthquake, the UH-60 and this were both flying relief sorties to Skardu and further on, and this helicopter would be whizzing past Uh-60's on the route with hand off the stick on autopilot.

This chopper practically flies itself from 200 feet from the ground. The pilot can take off to 200 feet, turn the autopilot on and the helo will fly itself to its destination and stop at 200 feet above the landing area.

KAZAN has sold you MI's before, so they can sell you more (brand new MI-17's), or Ka-62's for almost $ 6-8 Mil. That's a good option for a tested and tried platform. Or you could ask them for Ansat version also (more Westernized avionics and airframe). Another million or two would do specific customization to fly higher (one of the reason why Augusta was being picked was for Northern Pakistan's Himalaya related operations). These would still cost half compared to the Augusta one.

You could also look into acquiring used UH-60 Black Hawks. They'd run you for about $ 6-8 Mil per piece also, with lower flight hours. Airbus has the Dauphin, which is already in Pakistan's service under Chinese Z-9 series. This can be licensed produced internally like the JFT.

The Chinese have begun to roll-out their Z-18 (copy of the Black Hawk) and Z-20 (copy of the Augusta NH heli's) and these may be the cheapest options for Pakistan with the ability to license produce them internally. These will be a notch below in tech, but they'll still do transport like any other transport heli. But there are plenty of options, not sure I'd pick the most expensive one being in Pakistan's shoes from a financial standpoint.

Or Add 3 to 4 Million U.S Dollars to existing Heli price tag then we can buy this heli for around 17$ million :laugh:

maxresdefault.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------
black hawk s70i It's cost is around 11$ million
S-70i_Black_Hawk_multirole_combat_helicopter_Sikorsky_United_States_American_aviation_defence_industry_military_technology_003.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
Sikorsky S-76C++
Passenger Capacity - 12
Range - 345 Nautical mi
Mission(s) Corporate / Military / Oil & Gas
Price : $13 million

253388.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airbus Helicopters targets AW139 with new H160
getasset.aspx

getasset.aspx

Airbus Helicopters has today ended months of speculation with the official unveiling today at Heli-Expo in Orlando of its new H160 medium-class twin-engined rotorcraft which it has repositioned in order to be what chief executive Guillaume Faury describes as “the AW139 killer”.

What matters for customers, he says, is the performance of the aircraft combined with safety, reliability, efficiency, comfort and ease of maintenance. “We will confront the AW139. I believe it will have difficulty to compete with the H160 on all these parameters.

“It [the H160] will be more competitive in all aspects. It will be the reason that customers move in the direction of the H160.

This is clearly the new generation in this segment and clearly will be much better than the competition. It is the AW139 killer.

Link to the
article
--------------------------------------------
Production will begin in 2018 !! this heli look a lot more impressive and feel more futuristic .....And Price ? not known !!

Or Add 3 to 4 Million U.S Dollars to existing Heli price tag then we can buy this heli for around 17$ million :laugh:

maxresdefault.jpg

This won't help. You need to understand "why" the Pakistani army is even using the AWS-139. All other platforms don't match for the direct purpose. Airbus like i explained has a match, but its too new and untested in battle grounds and in different environments. Testing a heli in France's heat, etc is different. Take it to Iraq and it might not work after the first two flights just due to Sand and Dust (while Heat may not have anything to do with it). Battle tested systems mean a whole lot of difference than just buying "a system".

------------------------------------------------------------
black hawk s70i It's cost is around 11$ million
S-70i_Black_Hawk_multirole_combat_helicopter_Sikorsky_United_States_American_aviation_defence_industry_military_technology_003.jpg

You can find used ones for a much better price if you negotiate a couple of squadrons. Remember, if these are on lease, the money has already been made. So the seller can sell for a much reduced price.

For Pakistan, I'd still say, expand your own industry. License produce Z-18, Z-20 and give that previous Forex to your own people.

This won't help. You need to understand "why" the Pakistani army is even using the AWS-139. All other platforms don't match for the direct purpose. Airbus like i explained has a match, but its too new and untested in battle grounds and in different environments. Testing a heli in France's heat, etc is different. Take it to Iraq and it might not work after the first two flights just due to Sand and Dust (while Heat may not have anything to do with it). Battle tested systems mean a whole lot of difference than just buying "a system".

You can find used ones for a much better price if you negotiate a couple of squadrons. Remember, if these are on lease, the money has already been made. So the seller can sell for a much reduced price.

For Pakistan, I'd still say, expand your own industry. License produce Z-18, Z-20 and give that previous Forex to your own people.

:( i wish we could.

:( i wish we could.

You guys did it with the JFT....what could stop a JV from taking place? You do have bad planners across your military. Been watching this show for 2+ decades now. It's almost like your Air-chief and other Generals just wake up one day and realize they had to order stuff like 8 years ago. Then the panic starts to procure whatever is available, without proper time and investment into assessing stuff properly.

These have been flying in Pakistan since 2004. Used by AKDN. Flew in one of these for a bit as well.

Interesting thing about serendipity; Pakistan wanted the UH-60 due to its wide usage, but in terms of speed and safety these aircraft tend to outperform the UH-60. During the 2005 earthquake, the UH-60 and this were both flying relief sorties to Skardu and further on, and this helicopter would be whizzing past Uh-60's on the route with hand off the stick on autopilot.

This chopper practically flies itself from 200 feet from the ground. The pilot can take off to 200 feet, turn the autopilot on and the helo will fly itself to its destination and stop at 200 feet above the landing area.
i thought the uh-60 was rejected in retaliation of the collaspe of the f16 deal.
i dont care they are deing built here in the uk to.

maxresdefault.jpg
more like $20+ million thats for nothing specail. this choppe is more suited for search and rescue and if you want it will extra goodies you looking at $50+ million if you want it replace your seakings.
a norwegain aw101 for sar
aw101_norway.jpg

and a asw variant
igiIUY0.jpg

Sir Italy and China and Turkey and Russia are most easy sources for us. We can get helicopters from these countries at good price and without much diplomatic fuss.
Sir G
What is the plane about licansed production and TOT or assembling in Pakistan for militry / civil Helicopters as PAC pruducing MUSHAAK aircraft.

without having combat capability
You could get a used F-16 A/B
LoL to All Pakistan military officals please considered above mention recommendations ;)

Unfortunately Military officals are so dump that they dont know ,a Used F16 can do sorties with 8 passengers as well as 2 pilots;)

They should immediately order to build runways on every corner of Karakorum ranges so that our F16s can perform relief and rescue operations at 16,300 feet .

Not a bad idea ;) just remove fuel tnks and other equipment, And install hooks so we can hang with ropes around F16 ,Mens with rocket launchers will definitely enhance the combat capability of F16s ;)

Thanks God we not heared we can buy used Subs in that price tag

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...mber-of-agustawestland-aw139-choppers.432061/

Back
Top Bottom