What's new

Success Story : Chashma Canal (Project Asian Development Bank)

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
You can drive on road but Canals turn your Desert into Blooming farmland

x6626e06.gif

Chashma_Right_Bank_Canal.jpg

Last edited:
PAF must arm and practice DAM strikes on indian dams on our rivers . aka baghliar, wuller barrage and kishan ganga . new missiles with glide + stealth and heavy warheads to smash concrete+rebar must be developed

Pakistan must negotiate with taliban in afghanistan to stop all damming on kabul river or face DAM strikes

all these beautiful canals will be DRY ( and they are drying in some sindh areas and chenab basin of GUJRAT) if india dams our rivers ( and it is)

IK govt is looking at 6 - 7 & GDP target in next 5 years, will it be workable sans water and food security ?

PAF must arm and practice DAM strikes on indian dams on our rivers . aka baghliar, wuller barrage and kishan ganga . new missiles with glide + stealth and heavy warheads to smash concrete+rebar must be developed

Pakistan must negotiate with taliban in afghanistan to stop all damming on kabul river or face DAM strikes

all these beautiful canals will be DRY ( and they are drying in some sindh areas and chenab basin of GUJRAT) if india dams our rivers ( and it is)

IK govt is looking at 6 - 7 & GDP target in next 5 years, will it be workable sans water and food security ?

You could have written it in simple text but no,. How do you plan to stop yourself from the devastating flood that will occure in pakistan due to huge flow of water from india incase you “blow” kishanganga and others ?? Do we have proper dams (3-4 of them) in the line that can save us from that all water ? Insanity have no face but it shows itself somehow. Its better to altern path of those rivers that flow to afghanistan from Chitral area then Blowing dams in afghanistan. Sanity, nothing else but sanity.

I did not think a thread about canal can be derailed but ...

What is the progress on Kachi canal @ghazi52 ? We know a little part pf first phase was inagurated but has work started on phase 2 ?

1 what is your plan of wiping *** when you run out of water , i wonder ? maybe use a stone mr genious ?

2. pl visit chenab basin of gujrat vs trolling on the net about flooding . water tables have fell to 145ft which were 70ft just 5 years back . india's kishan ganga has DRIED the basin and farmers are complaining ....

i have agricultural land in gujrat and surrounding areas BTW

1 what is your plan of wiping *** when you run out of water , i wonder ? maybe use a stone mr genious ?

1. Built Fuckn dams.

2. stop wasting water.

3. Turn off water pump motors as soon as your water tank is filled.

4. Built new canals from Indus river so that the water that ultimately wasted and flow to Arabian can be utilized. Kachi canal is one good example that we are trying to built since fuckin 18 years.

5. introduce Sprinkle technology in your fields (government is not supposed to do that for you. do it in your own fields with your own resources.) and stop wasting water through flooding irrigation.

6. develop a sense of responsibility... that "Paani Allah ki tarf se, kabhi ni khatm hone wala" stop this bullshit..

7. stop dreaming of killing thousands due to flood which resulted from your insanity and instead bring your house to order. You want to wage a war just because you want water to wipe your *** ?? bullshit

ok mr *** stone wipe . now you have my attention and now ill rip your arm chair insanity apart

1,. we made mangla = its water is being pilferaged via kishan ganga and wuller barrage . how will making more dams on jhelum basin help us ? pl tell me where to make a dam ? we already have low head on neelum jhelum power plant tunnel and low elec generation thanks to indian stealing

2. we have head marala to feed lahore and khanki barrage downstream to feed eastern punjab = its water is being pilferaged via baghliar dam upstream in IOK . pl tell where to make a dam when there is no water even upstream ?

3 . wasting water ? in karachi , there is 55 percent population sans water in the first place . there is no water connection in DHA phase 5 . hub dam that feeds karachi is empty most of the year sans rainy season. where to make a dam on indus to feed hub when upstream you have tarbela dam in the first place ?

new canals from indus ? from where ?

4 . sprinkle and drip irrigation is already being trialed and used in punjab . we are also trialling R1A1 rice that takes 1/3 water . we have told the govt 10x times to stop rice consumption excess or face water shortage. you choose

5. this is no dream or insanity .if some one steals my bread, ill shoot him, if someone robs my money , ill shoot him. if someone steals MY WATER that is legally mine, ill go to war over it. period .

we already have maxed out on utilization of existing canal and dam infrastructure

you should thank you pal modi that no damming has begun on indus . when that happens, kiss goodbye to tarbela and bhasha too

Stop fighting like kids...……
Dear member @blueazure , You want option on dams , let me give you some name you can google them...
  1. Chanyot dam (we lose some great land but we will get some dam water)
  2. Kalabagh dam
  3. Bhasha dam
  4. Mahmund dam
  5. few others dam (at least 5 medium and lard dams)
  6. Lakes near all big cities ….. We can store rain water in that (rain water storage)
  7. we all know "sam nalla and fields" around all cities(we can clean sewerage water and store that in lake) ..
  8. New tech for cultivation …………
Number 6 and 7 will help improving ground level water of cities ………..
We still have some options in hand …… It is are we willing to take them or not.

^^ sir g all these options are under discussion or being executed . barring, kalabagh, the rest are small reservoirs which cannot replace mangla and tarbela basin lakes

this also however, does not change the fact that indus and jhelum basin pilferage by india is acceptable and we turn a blind eye to it . i have seen first hand the drying up of chenab basin around gujrat and farmers selling land to move to cities . there is a reason i get angry over this topic sir

making more dams + getting our water back . .. we cant have one

drying up of chenab basin
We have no place on Chenab basin for dam (only chanyot almost medium seize dam ) , india releasing water in rain session and Pakistan storage in Chanyot dam we help , this wont be enough but will help ,,,,, I agree our politician did criminal negligence on India making dam in IOK.
Bhasha can store way more then both Big dams of Pakistan . . .
I agree we need our water back especially in Chenab …….. For that we don't have to break dams in IOK we need our IOK from india………

ok mr *** stone wipe . now you have my attention and now ill rip your arm chair insanity apart

Should have done that by quoting me. Or you afraid to quote the person you replying ? What do you think i will stay on this thread for full day and check for your reply ?? You dont even know how to reply/engage a person on Pdf ?

Okay. Its gonna take lot of my time.. well, who cares

1,. we made mangla = its water is being pilferaged via kishan ganga and wuller barrage . how will making more dams on jhelum basin help us ? pl tell me where to make a dam ? we already have low head on neelum jhelum power plant tunnel and low elec generation thanks to indian stealing

Nelum jehlum is RoR dam. You need storage dams to store water. Go google “proposed dams in Pakistan”. A wikipedia liat of 50+ dams will appear. Have a look. You have plenty of places to built a dam. Why only stick to indus basin for dams ?

2. we have head marala to feed lahore and khanki barrage downstream to feed eastern punjab = its water is being pilferaged via baghliar dam upstream in IOK . pl tell where to make a dam when there is no water even upstream

Not aware of the topography and area. Can’t comment.

3 . wasting water ? in karachi , there is 55 percent population sans water in the first place . there is no water connection in DHA phase 5 . hub dam that feeds karachi is empty most of the year sans rainy season. where to make a dam on indus to feed hub when upstream you have tarbela dam in the first place

55% “sans water “ ?? Sorry come again. Never mind... DHA is a housing society. A housing society needs to first ensure its source of water, gas, electricity before alloting plots. Those who bought plots there should have thought of it , i am not going to do that for them.

new canals from indus ? from where

Did you completed kacchi canal ? Right and left chashma ?? Ary ye to krlo complete. Pir ana chay pety pety or b bta dunga.

4 . sprinkle and drip irrigation is already being trialed and used in punjab . we are also trialling R1A1 rice that takes 1/3 water . we have told the govt 10x times to stop rice consumption excess or face water shortage. you choose

You told govt to stop rice consumption ?? Sanity......

5. this is no dream or insanity .if some one steals my bread, ill shoot him, if someone robs my money , ill shoot him. if someone steals MY WATER that is legally mine, ill go to war over it. period

Then go to war with whoever you want to.. but not on my country expens. Its “your decision” to go to war so “you” should be the one to fight for this “insanity”.

we already have maxed out on utilization of existing canal and dam infrastructure

Canals like any other infrastructure need maintanence and reparing. Are we doing that ? Effectively ??

you should thank you pal modi that no damming has begun on indus . when that happens, kiss goodbye to tarbela and bhasha too

Better. I should curse MY politicians and jaahil awaam for not building and opposing any dams in Pakistan. India still not using 70-80% of its “enttled water”. (Not an authority on Indus treaty though). Indain udhr behn nachwae apni mjhy us se kia .. mene ye dekna kay ham ne kia kea... ham ni bna rahy to kia wo b ruky rahn gy hamare lye ?? Dushman mulk hy bhai sasuraal nahe hy.. Indus treaty dictate that whichever country first started water usage, the water will be entitled to that party. So they started buildig dams. Now we go to international courts and they reject our case because as per treaty one of us were supposed to use that water. India did that. Ham idhr jamhkriyt jamhkriyt kailty rahy...

^^ go and do google and wikipedia

^^ i have no idea about topography

enough said about your knowledge on the subject ,

yes, NJ is ROR, so ? does ROR run on air ? how will you run ROR when water upstream is stopped at kishanganga .? pl answer mr google

i am open to challenge debate by any smart stone *** wipe who can prove that mangla basin and NJ can be run at max potential with india blocking at kishanganga and wuller barrage

good luck with googling and wikipediang

We have no place on Chenab basin for dam (only chanyot almost medium seize dam ) , india releasing water in rain session and Pakistan storage in Chanyot dam we help , this wont be enough but will help ,,,,, I agree our politician did criminal negligence on India making dam in IOK.
Bhasha can store way more then both Big dams of Pakistan . . .
I agree we need our water back especially in Chenab …….. For that we don't have to break dams in IOK we need our IOK from india………

we take kashmir

we break dams

give me a third option sir jee

give me a third option sir jee

I have looked into this a few years ago and started a thread. Do you have records of how much water Pakistan is losing from the construction of new Dams in IOK/India?
Please also read my thread here (my tables/charts might be a bit old but you should get a sense of what can be done to improve): https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/water-scarcity-aging-canal-system-and-food-security.396511/

water tables have fell to 145ft which were 70ft just 5 years back . india's kishan ganga has DRIED the basin and farmers are complaining ....
The water table is dropping due to excessive pumping of water. Basin recharge happens very slowly much slower then people think. Happy to discuss further.

^ ^ you are 100 percent spot on with your study regarding canal 'skim off' losses and excessive pumping given cheap availability of diesel gen-sets , i have read your whole post and find it interesting .

however ,,

1. crop selection

rice is one the most water intense crop and we just love rice as a nation ( rice is a staple diet and fuel source for the body ) and excessive pumping of ground water for rice has wrecked water tables , granted, yet you must take into consideration that pakistan's population growth rate has actually come down to around 2.8 percent from around 4 to 5 percent in the 70s and 80s . drip irrigation and better yield, low water consuming rice is being trialed in punjab . we've had bumper rice crops and were actually over supplied locally ( most was being exported )

2. new dams

all the dams you mention are not a replacement of mangla and indus basin combined. they are small , reservoir types only . pakistan's food basket of punjab is fed by mangla and tarbela systems primarily and one these two river system ( jhelum river feeding mangla dam) is being pilferage via IOK dams . there is no denying this

i cannot quote the exact numbers for head loss at jhelum yet NJ is facing low head ( and resultant low power issue) given water stoppage at kishanganga on neelum river . mind you, neelum merges with jhelum in muzaffarabad

kalabagh is the last place at indus where a dam was possible which had massive irrigation potential . those who opposed it ( and still are ) should be shot

You could have written it in simple text but no,. How do you plan to stop yourself from the devastating flood that will occure in pakistan due to huge flow of water from india incase you “blow” kishanganga and others ?? Do we have proper dams (3-4 of them) in the line that can save us from that all water ? Insanity have no face but it shows itself somehow. Its better to altern path of those rivers that flow to afghanistan from Chitral area then Blowing dams in afghanistan. Sanity, nothing else but sanity.

What is the progress on Kachi canal @ghazi52 ? We know a little part pf first phase was inagurated but has work started on phase 2 ?

As per One discussion I heard on Pakistan TV, 6 times more water flows to sea than Pakiatsn uses. Why Pakistan does not use this water for the use of Pakistan people?

Back
Top Bottom