What's new

Strategic high speed railway between Pakistan and China

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
once it's completed,it wil bring tremendous wealth and prosperity to the people living in both sides of the border.

gilgit_to_gwadar459-rail_link.JPG

Pakistan Railways linked to Trans Railway Network (TARN). Fibre-optic line, oil & gas pipeline rail track linking Karakorum Highway to Gawadar. A six-member committee comprising equal number of experts from both China and Pakistan has been constituted to move forward with the project. China has already prepared a feasibility report of laying a railway track in the difficult terrain of Karakoram linking both the states through Khunjarab Pass.

Gawader-459.JPG

Gawader is the world's largest deep sea port. “Gwa” means Air and “Dar” means door, and the word Gawadar means “The door of the wind” is the world’s largest deep sea port lies in southwestern Pakistani province of Balochistan. The design and construction of the port is carried out in collaboration with China. It has an immense geostrategic importance as it is the entrance to the Persian Gulf and is considered to be a substitute of Dubai Port.

Railway is possible but has it's own problems it is unlikely for now. What I am more interested in is a pipeline however unlikely to happen for another 10 years, mentioned it before until Afghanistan winds down China will not take this gamble.

It really will be good for the people. Once the people of China inspire the locals of financial prosperity, the move will be very good for Pakistan and even better for China.

Railway is possible but has it's own problems it is unlikely for now. What I am more interested in is a pipeline however unlikely to happen for another 10 years, mentioned it before until Afghanistan winds down China will not take this gamble.

China will benefit more from this project,and with more than sufficent funds and technological know-how,it's not really a big difficult feat to achieve,we did same thing in Xinjiang and Tibet years ago,and with some joint management system,I think Pakistan can manage the railway on their side of the border very well.it's certainly a win-win project.

China will benefit more from this project,and with more than sufficent funds and technological know-how,it's not really a big difficult feat to achieve,we did same thing in Xinjiang and Tibet years ago,and with some joint management system,I think Pakistan can manage the railway on their side of the border very well.it's certainly a win-win project.

The only thing I see wrong with the map is that China does not want access to Karachi.

Karachi is the biggest city.

The only thing I see wrong with the map is that China does not want access to Karachi.

Karachi is the biggest city.

China has no interest in the biggest city, they want access to the Arabian sea and closest to gulf. Gawadar provides them that.

That is not what I have a problem with we have the capability of doing but I suggest you look at the map, it would be near Afghanistan and the tribal areas of Pakistan which the Taliban are in the possibility of the pipeline or railway getting attacked constantly is something to be taken consideration in. This it is running through the Baluch region which has it's own insurgency that has its infrastructure attacked, while I would love to have something like it would help Pakistan and China until Afghanistan winds down this is a risk, China would also need to station a naval force near Gwadar.

That is not what I have a problem with we have the capability of doing but I suggest you look at the map, it would be near Afghanistan and the tribal area's of Pakistan which the Taliban are in the possibility of the pipeline or railway getting attacked constantly is something to be taken consideration in. This it is running through the Baluch region which has it's own insurgency that has it's infrastructure attacked, while I would love to have something like it would help Pakistan and China until Afghanistan winds down this is a risk, China would also need to station a naval force near Gwadar.

China already secured contracts of some biggest mines and oilfields in Afghanistan itself,it's a necessary risk to take,cause the stake is very high for the future.

China already secured contracts of some biggest mines and oilfields in Afghanistan itself,it's a necessary risk to take,cause the stake is very high for the future.

That is do to the NATO & ANA forces, however something like this will require noting short of stability and plenty of troops, call me skeptical but it's reality.

That is do to the NATO & ANA forces, however something like this will require noting short of stability and plenty of troops, call me skeptical but it's reality.

Don't worry,crisis means danger and opportunities in Chinese,and business savvy people care more about the latter.Chinese companies operating in Afghanistan also need that railway and the port.

China takes a bold step in Afghanistan

Two of three big projects are run by mainland companies because Westerners are not prepared to take the risks in the country
Wednesday, 05 December
China takes a bold step in Afghanistan | South China Morning Post

Don't worry,crisis means danger and opportunities in Chinese,and business savvy people care more about the latter.Chinese companies operating in Afghanistan also need that railway and the port.

Agreed, despite my skepticism toward this I do hope it goes through. :)

A Direct Train route to China from Gwader is not feasible , if a Train track is constructed , it will have to go through some parts of sindh & Punjab & then NWFP and then China.

The first thing that popped to my mind was security.
The Bolan express was shut down for security reasons!
The parts of Baluchistan that this track will pass through is quite volatile!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom