What's new

Story of Bravery and Betrayal !! _ Revolt of 1857

Mughals were already out of the equation before the the British domination in 1757......

there was independent Hindu and Muslim nawabs/rulers.
You are right. Mughals destroyed their army fighting among themselves after the death of Aurangzeb. It served them right and the power vacuum had to be filled by others.

Marathas in Delhi and Peshawar, Karachi, Sikh Empire in Lahore.
You are right. Mughals destroyed their army fighting among themselves after the death of Aurangzeb. It served them right and the power vacuum had to be filled by others.

Unless you are a bihari or urdu speaker.. sure.

If your ancestors were from local areas... i do.
My ancestors were from local areas of Pakistan, What about yours.

My ancestors were from local areas of Pakistan, What about yours.
From Kashmir, it was under the Sikhs before the British.

I believe most of the rebellion was carried out by Bihari Rajputs and Bhumihars. I'm ashamed of my great grandfather who served with the British as there stooge.

The British used to say " If you see a Bhumihar and a Cobra crossing the road, kill the Bhumihar first." ;)

I believe most of the rebellion was carried out by Bihari Rajputs and Bhumihars. I'm ashamed of my great grandfather who served with the British as there stooge.

Beta you are punjabi christian, you grandfather was still sweeper at that time.

Marathas in Delhi and Peshawar, Karachi, Sikh Empire in Lahore.
Marathas never conquered Peshawer, Sikhs would agree with me. By making such claims. some Maratha nationalists are undermining the weight and impact of Sikh conquest of Attock and Peshawer. Maratha historians like Jadunath sarkar and G.S.Sardesai debate whether marathas had reached or crossed attock while Khare.G.H and Shejwalker.T.S totally refute it that marathas advanced as far as attock. The fact is, Marathas reached as far as Trans-chenab area only for revenue collection and it was one time affair.

Marathas never conquered Peshawer, Sikhs would agree with me. By making such claims. some Maratha nationalists are undermining the weight and impact of Sikh conquest of Attock and Peshawer. Maratha historians like Jadunath sarkar and G.S.Sardesai debate whether marathas had reached or crossed attock while Khare.G.H and Shejwalker.T.S totally refute it that marathas advanced as far as attock. The fact is, Marathas reached as far as Trans-chenab area only for revenue collection and it was one time affair.
Groundbreaking research.

Back
Top Bottom