What's new

‘Stop vulgarity in the name of recreation,’ Bajaur Jirga bans women from visiting tourist spots

This regressive ruling by the Jirga is in violation of the constitution of Pakistan which guarantees freedom of movement within its territories to all Pakistani citizens.

How about banning Bajaur residents from leaving their district ? Enough of such BS by these good-for-nothing retards

Imam Hussain carried the women of his house along towards Kufa and the elders are teaching people not to accompany their wives to tourist spots.

If you visit their areas you'll find snatched cars, drugs and criminals roaming freely.

Seriously am fed up of the fake projection of their culture while its all about violence, self glorification, finance and promoting their own distorted version of Islam.

All my respect for my Pashtun brothers who don't fall for these morons.

There's nothing in visiting a tourist spot with a mehram and under good dress code. Even I am against vulgarity but these socalled elders care the least about it. These are just blackmailing tactics to get funds from the local administrator.
Exactly, brother. This is why I've called it fake values. They enforce their crooked way of life on others while ignoring the reality that has been created by using this "societal code". This is the epitome of fakeness.

Exactly, brother. This is why I've called it fake values. They enforce their crooked way of life on others while ignoring the reality that has been created by using this "societal code". This is the epitome of fakeness.
And pray tell which man made value system is truly "authentic"?

Their social code is all words. I've never seen even ONE PERCENT of it being ever followed. Yeah but keep talking about Pashtunwali everywhere. I wish they followed it in Karachi where they're occupying plots of common people by first breaking the boundaries and then settling their far relatives who travel to Karachi from ex FATA. Not saying they're the only ones doing it but the way they brag about Pashtunwali.. ahh...I wish it was real.

The practice of strictly confining women to their homes is a tribal tradition that has got nothing to do with Islam

They follow a branch of Islam that supports them in their ideology. I won't name it.

they say if i am not in that jirga its not apply on me

there was no female in this jirga then how it can be applied on all females ?

this jirga BS system of iron age is still active in 2022 here what a shame

This regressive ruling by the Jirga is in violation of the constitution of Pakistan which guarantees freedom of movement within its territories to all Pakistani citizens.

This is why the whole concept of badal is illegal in itself. Following this set of rules means opposing the Constitution of Pakistan.

And pray tell which man made value system is truly "authentic"?

The Constitution of Pakistan. It at least is on paper treating every citizen equally.

These people are hell-bent on living life through rose tinted glasses, content to keep women underfoot and fantasising about ancient days when cave dwelling troglodytes rode horseback and jurisprudence and human rights were not in existence.

We are in 2022, women can do anything men can do, women working hand in hand with men can lead nations and communities to success.

These dinosaurs are the reason some rural communities are still underdeveloped and disenfranchised.

Exactly, this same ignorant mentality is one of the reasons why we can't eradicate polio and other diseases, and why we are lagging behind in education and literacy, especially amongst women.

And no I am not singling out Tribal areas here, unfortunately this type of mentality can be found in all areas of Pakistan.

This is why the whole concept of badal is illegal in itself. Following this set of rules means opposing the Constitution of Pakistan.

The Constitution of Pakistan. It at least is on paper treating every citizen equally.
Do you even know how many times our Constitution has been amended. 🤣

I do believe that the Pakistani rural people are far more religious and conservative as a whole than most of the places some you city folks are coming from. Nothing do with Pashtuns , this is just a headline story we all know all provinces in Pakistan live very harshly like this. You can travel hundreds miles in each direction and not see a female anywhere in sight

I do believe that the Pakistani rural people are far more religious and conservative as a whole than most of the places some you city folks are coming from. Nothing do with Pashtuns , this is just a headline story we all know all provinces in Pakistan live very harshly like this. You can travel hundreds miles in each direction and not see a female anywhere in sight
Not true.

So? What are you trying to say?
What he’s saying is, the original constitution was pretty good but the amends made by various generals and politicians for their own gains has made the constitution just a hearsay. It needs to be reformed to hunt down corrupt politicians and the enforcers of justice have to be there to implement it. Most of the previous Supreme court Justices have been handpicked cronies of political parties country is a flipping joke.

Back
Top Bottom