What's new

Stone Age Soanian Culture (Ancient Pakistan II)

No it hasn't, otherwise the Punjab wouldn't be split between Pakistan and Hindustan, the Muhajirs wouldn't have come to Pakistan, all the Brahmins and Parsis would have moved to Pakistan (they are genetically more similar to Pakistanis than other Hindustanis), etc.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, Quran and Sunnah takes precedence over all else for me, including my ethnic culture.

Don't care who I ended up supporting, these are my views.

I don't care what they think about us, their views about Pakistan/Pakistanis are already pretty moronic.

Yes brother, but our culture is based on Quran and Sunnah. Whatever moral failings we have are a result of leaving Islam and adopting the culture of others (British, Hindus,etc.)

If you compare us to other Muslims like Arabs, Turks, Persians, etc. then we are definitely closer to Islam than them. Pakistanis genuinely care about Palestine, Kashmir, Burma, and even Indian, Bangladeshi Muslims than most others.

It’s a result of our history and the struggles which shaped us over time. By divorcing ourselves from our culture, we risk losing not only our Islamic identity but becoming Non-Muslims altogether.

You mentioned someplace that you are Salafi. I grew up with a lot of Salafis, and almost all of them are Non-Muslims and living a sinful life now. Extreme views tend to have a boomerang effect. Islam is a moderate religion and we should stay seeped in our Islamic history and society to exact change.

No it hasn't, otherwise the Punjab wouldn't be split between Pakistan and Hindustan, the Muhajirs wouldn't have come to Pakistan, all the Brahmins and Parsis would have moved to Pakistan (they are genetically more similar to Pakistanis than other Hindustanis), etc.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, Quran and Sunnah takes precedence over all else for me, including my ethnic culture.

I don't care what they think about us, their views about Pakistan/Pakistanis are already pretty moronic.

Once again. The Muslim league did not partition Punjab. It was the British. Entire Muslim districts like Pathankot were handed to India for devious reasons. Just look the Sikh empire before the British.

250px-Sikh_Empire_tri-lingual.jpg

Muhajirs were refugees in need and we welcomed them. It was a political event not a religious one.
Parsis are culturally very different, hence them having to escape Persia in the first place.
Brahmins??? I don't even know if that is an ethnic group located in any particular region.

Once again. The Muslim league did not partition Punjab. It was the British. Entire Muslim districts like Pathankot were handed to India for devious reasons. Just look the Sikh empire before the British.

250px-Sikh_Empire_tri-lingual.jpg

Muhajirs were refugees in need and we welcomed them. It was a political event not a religious one.
Parsis are culturally very different, hence them having to escape Persia in the first place.
Brahmins??? I don't even know if that is an ethnic group located in any particular region.

The British didn't give the rest of the Punjab to Pakistan for an obvious reason, it wasn't Muslim majority.

No, Muhajirs came because Pakistan was built as a nation for Muslims. If it had nothing to do with religion, you'd have non-Muslims migrating to Pakistan too, but that didn't happen.

And Pashtuns are culturally different to Punjabis, as are Baluchis, Hazara's, etc. Pakistan is a melting pot of different cultures. What unites most of us is the fact that we believe in Islam (whether or not we actually practice it properly is a different story). If culture was the dominant factor, there wouldn't be a Pakistan.

The British didn't give the rest of the Punjab to Pakistan for an obvious reason, it wasn't Muslim majority.

No, Muhajirs came because Pakistan was built as a nation for Muslims. If it had nothing to do with religion, you'd have non-Muslims migrating to Pakistan too, but that didn't happen.

And Pashtuns are culturally different to Punjabis, as are Baluchis, Hazara's, etc. Pakistan is a melting pot of different cultures. What unites most of us is the fact that we believe in Islam (whether or not we actually practice it properly is a different story). If culture was the dominant factor, there wouldn't be a Pakistan.

But all these above mention ethnicities have FAR MORE in common with one another than they do with ANY of the races that make modern day india. The nationalist bond that binds these groups together can ONLY be understood by REAL Pakistanis and not outsiders. Both Religion & Race are important.

Yes brother, but our culture is based on Quran and Sunnah. Whatever moral failings we have are a result of leaving Islam and adopting the culture of others (British, Hindus,etc.)

If you compare us to other Muslims like Arabs, Turks, Persians, etc. then we are definitely closer to Islam than them. Pakistanis genuinely care about Palestine, Kashmir, Burma, and even Indian, Bangladeshi Muslims than most others.

It’s a result of our history and the struggles which shaped us over time. By divorcing ourselves from our culture, we risk losing not only our Islamic identity but becoming Non-Muslims altogether.

You mentioned someplace that you are Salafi. I grew up with a lot of Salafis, and almost all of them are Non-Muslims and living a sinful life now. Extreme views tend to have a boomerang effect. Islam is a moderate religion and we should stay seeped in our Islamic history and society to exact change.

Some aspects of our culture are Islamic, others are not. For example, not allowing our children to have sexual relations outside of marriage is Islamic, but not allowing them to marry outside their tribe/ethnic group is haram as is building and worshipping shrines.

There is no general comparison, each group has it's fair share of practising and non-practising Muslims. I've lived in an Arab country for several years, many of them genuinely care about Muslims suffering in places outside of the Arab world.

Salafism is not extreme, it's Islam as the Salaf originally practised it. If some people who were Salafi become Murtads then that's not the fault of Salafism.

But all these above mention ethnicities have FAR MORE in common with one another than they do with ANY of the races that make modern day india. The nationalist bond that binds these groups together can ONLY be understood by REAL Pakistanis and not outsiders. Both Religion & Race are important.

One could argue both are important, but religion clearly takes the precedent since Muhajirs are only similar to us linguistically (they speak Urdu), and Punjabis among other groups in Hindustan didn't come flocking to Pakistan unless they were Muslim.

Still in line with the Muslim league's vision of a separate homeland for the Muslims of the 5 northwestern regions.

The fact that India has nearly 200 million Muslims today does not seem to register to you.

Some aspects of our culture are Islamic, others are not. For example, not allowing our children to have sexual relations outside of marriage is Islamic, but not allowing them to marry outside their tribe/ethnic group is haram as is building and worshipping shrines.

There is no general comparison, each group has it's fair share of practising and non-practising Muslims. I've lived in an Arab country for several years, many of them genuinely care about Muslims suffering in places outside of the Arab world.

Salafism is not extreme, it's Islam as the Salaf originally practised it. If some people who were Salafi become Murtads then that's not the fault of Salafism.

One could argue both are important, but religion clearly takes the precedent since Muhajirs are only similar to us linguistically (they speak Urdu), and Punjabis among other groups in Hindustan didn't come flocking to Pakistan unless they were Muslim.

Punjabis in Pakistan are now very different to Punjabis in india. The only commonality now being language. This is due to Pakistani Punjabis interbreeding with Muslim tribes to the West of us and indian Punjabis breeding with hindus in india.

Still in line with the Muslim league's vision of a separate homeland for the Muslims of the 5 northwestern regions.

The fact that India has nearly 200 million Muslims today does not seem to register to you.

If it was just the 5 northwestern regions, why was Bangladesh part of Pakistan as well?

Oh please, many of those people don't even count as Muslim.

If it was just the 5 northwestern regions, why was Bangladesh part of Pakistan as well?

Oh please, many of those people don't even count as Muslim.

Why are you asking me? I am quoting to you exactly what Rehmat suggested. That is not up for discussion.

Under his plan Bengal would have gained independence too, but not as part of Pakistan. And just as he predicted, they are now independent.

Partition of Punjab was a mistake. Pakistan is incomplete without Delhi.

Pakistan is incomplete without Kashmir.

Fixed that for you. We are fine without Delhi or Dhaka. Alhamdulilah.

You do understand that Delhi is true Muslim capital of India right?

If you can conquer Delhi then you'll get Kashmir as a bonus. :partay:

You do understand that Delhi is true Muslim capital of India right?

If you can conquer Delhi then you'll get Kashmir as a bonus. :partay:

So says the person who belongs to the race and nation that worships & idolizes indian hindus..............:lol:

If there was no Islam coterminous Pakistan would still be different to Bharat save the British India bit....Just like France and Germany are different or Germany and Poland....

Also how can I be be informed on an article or video if one has not read it?

I agree that ethnic nationalism is a bad thing but learning Pakistani history is not the same thing...and if someone thinks it is well then he is going out of touch....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom