What's new

‘Stay With Me’: Afghan Government Begs Citizens Not to Flee

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
As I've said -- probably the best indicator of the situation in Afghanistan -- the other thing to consider is that if this new generation of Afghans leaves, it's effects will be devastating.

Must read article here, excerpts below:

“Don’t go. Stay with me. There might be no return!”

That’s the message Kabul is sending to Afghans thinking of abandoning their home country for a new life in the West.

The Refugees and Repatriations Ministry has launched a slick social-media campaign to get its message out, and doesn’t pull any punches in its effort to dissuade Afghans from making the jump to Europe.

Graphics being circulated on Facebook and Twitter show that the ministry is using a healthy dose of stark images and guilt to urge Afghans to fulfill their patriotic duty and stay on to help rebuild their nation.

“Among the migrants there are some with high education, even with doctorate degrees, and these young people could serve Afghanistan,” Jorat said.

It is logical as culturally Afghan region is part of our province we should absorbe the extra province into Pakistan
It would be good solution for over all security in Pakistan as well , and security for people crossing border and end to drug cultivation in Afghanistan

Outhouse they should do it. It is better to beg your people to stay with you than the reaction or ex PM gave in an interview.
BTW, not that I blame people for leaving, I think one should stand with his/her country during the hard times.
Look at the mess America made, now people even can not afford to live inside their motherland! Also the blame goes to the political leadership of Afghanistan's because they are the reason the people have to see this day...

As I've said -- probably the best indicator of the situation in Afghanistan -- the other thing to consider is that if this new generation of Afghans leaves, it's effects will be devastating.

Must read article here, excerpts below:

“Don’t go. Stay with me. There might be no return!”

That’s the message Kabul is sending to Afghans thinking of abandoning their home country for a new life in the West.

The Refugees and Repatriations Ministry has launched a slick social-media campaign to get its message out, and doesn’t pull any punches in its effort to dissuade Afghans from making the jump to Europe.

Graphics being circulated on Facebook and Twitter show that the ministry is using a healthy dose of stark images and guilt to urge Afghans to fulfill their patriotic duty and stay on to help rebuild their nation.

“Among the migrants there are some with high education, even with doctorate degrees, and these young people could serve Afghanistan,” Jorat said.

afghan govt has only control over Kabul. Karzai was mocked as Mayor of Kabul and the same is said of Ghani now. afghans are fleeing bcuz Afghanistan is unsafe for ordinary citizens.

Unless Afghanistan joins Pakistan as a province the situation does not looks good for the people

that's not the solution. reduce the influence of Tajik/Uzbek warlords. give the Pashtuns their due share in the govt.

ah bhai sab ko patha hai, asli bath yeh hi hai na strategic depth!
@A-Team

On the contrary, there is a growing weariness of Afghanistan in Pakistan at all levels, hence, we see talk of fencing/mining border from time to time. Although in my personal opinion we should help afghan's get the peace process running again so that stability is achieved.

well the leaders live good and all have to work hard and its not even safe
who is going to stay then

Even if Pakistan annexes Afghanistan nothing will change. We will lose many soldiers fighting for something that we don't want. On the other hand annexing the border with Central Asian countries (Wakhan Corridor) will make sense if the Taliban do takeover. We can say we ........... wanted to secure the border and whatnot.

Unless Afghanistan joins Pakistan as a province the situation does not looks good for the people
Yar search about "wakhan district" on google map. it's a very strategic district which is connected to 4 international borders. can't we get that area Only ? i think we will need it.

Even if Pakistan annexes Afghanistan nothing will change. We will lose many soldiers fighting for something that we don't want. On the other hand annexing the border with Central Asian countries (Wakhan Corridor) will make sense if the Taliban do takeover. We can say we ........... wanted to secure the border and whatnot.

that's what i was talking about.
@AZADPAKISTAN2009 , afterall it's a small district of 4200 Square miles and a population of 13000 individuals.
i don't think it will take more then 2 days to take it. As afghanis have no road network beyond Sarhad baroghail. or Afghan Air force ki to bat he na karo ..
@Shamain Aka constitiutional candle :rofl:,
@Imran Khan ,
@Zarvan
Just take it as a "price" for our loses due to Afghanistan war.

Well I was just going to propose to take it all
  • We will have border with Turkaministan - trade route
  • We will have border with Uzbakistan - trade route
  • We will have new borders with Tajakistani - trade route
  • Connect GWADAR with central Asia & China
  • Larger boarder share with Iran
  • Take over the flat areas / cities. And put drones on mountain patrol
Do a free trade agreement with Iran

Iran - Pakistan - Chnia (Trade route), afghan province gets some traffic / jobs creation due to stuff travelling to central asia

• Move the whole F-7PG fleet to cover Afghanistan operation (150 Jets), after 60 Sukhoi-35 are attained put them in Pakistani side
  • Move in 300 Tanks into Kabul operation

Move in 50,000-60,000 Soldiers into Kabul
  • Dissolve the afghan parliment , hold new elections and make it new province end of story
  • Hold new elections in Afgan province in next Pakistan election
  • Allow formation of Afghan political parties
  • Get Al Qaida out of Afghanistan
  • Get ISIS elements out of Afghan area
  • Ban cultivation of drugs in Afghan area and focus on edible crops
  • Set up amnesty program to give up Guns
Establish : 4 Military bases / 4 Airport basis
Done...setup program to train 10,000 Soldiers locally yearly untill 80,000 Troops are trained

Set up Ministry of Afgan Province of Pakistan :pakistan:

Last edited:
Well I was just going to propose to take it all

• We will have border with Turkaministan
  • We will have border with Uzbakistan
  • We will have new borders with Tajakistani
  • Larger boarder share with Iran
  • Take over the flat areas / cities. And put drones on mountain patrol
Do a free trade agreement with Iran

Iran - Pakistan - Chnia (Trade route)

Move the whole F-7PG fleet to cover Afghanistan operation

Move in 40,000 Soliders into Kabul
but it will creat a lot of mess around there for us.
forward forces from torkham and go some 50 km's inside. it's a fertile and green land area "can benefit us".
take wakhan district, will connect us to tajikistan and hence Russia.
you have an option to go forward on chaman border. but it have REGISTAN desert, without any minerals, without any water, it will be like "a second thar and cholistan" for us.

So if i am the COAS, i will go with wakhan and from torkham towards kabul only.

People keep saying that the Afghans will go to the west. The reality is that a vast majority will go instead to Pakistan, and slightly less so, Iran.

I have to agree with @MastanKhan, it seems Afghanistan may be on it's death bed. Neighboring nations must plan on what to do if this happens. Preparations must start now, in order to be ready.

Back
Top Bottom