What's new

Status on Hamza 6x6

A country unable to make a 70cc moped engine is teaching a country
Now I have a question for you. Tell me any automobile company which makes 70 cc moped engine? Tell me any sounding rocket you have tested so far? I can't understand why are you studying Indian missiles more than any Indian? Why don't you study some basic automobile technology so that your country can get it's first 70cc two wheeler engine. Don't doubt on India's capabilities. We have reached mars. We are on moon already. We have GSLV mk3. We have sent 104 satellites to space in one go and you ahe seen it's beautiful video with onboard camera. We have tested to send objects in space and bring it back to our preferred location. Can you understand what it means? So plz don't be impatient. We are not testing MIRV because we don't want. When will need it we can make it in a month because we are not required to bring it from somewhere else and paint it green.
Your comment is off topic but i will write a one off reply and wont reply any further on this subject.
In the 60s we had all that. An indigenous automobile industry and extensive engineering works with many countries as our machinery export market. We even used to build ships for china. It was bad management from our political leadership which spelled doom to all that, specially the nationalization of all private firms by Zulfiqar Bhutto in 1972, killed it all. Its not that we are not able to do all that, its a matter of not being allowed to do by our own political elite who have stakes in car manufacturing giants such as Toyota and Suzuki who dominate automobile market in Pakistan and have left no room for local manufacturers.
In India the government had ban on foreign car imports for many decades,providing local manufacturers chance to grow,thats why India has indigenous automobile industry. Without the good planning of Indian politicians that wouldn't have happened. Tata is big today because they had decades to grow in Indian local market without foreign competition. No such joy for Pakistanis. many tried and failed. Even joint ventures failed as Foreign corporate giants were too big to compete with and wanted total dominance and that they got.
Back to the 60s and early 70s. here is a Made in Pakistan Joint venture between Skoda which was then a Czech company and BECO engineering of Pakistan. The company was called Skopak and had Pakistan specific models such as this one.
20090727-181419-1-jpg.1472

Also this was a Prototype 100% indigenous car designed and made in Karachi. In those days Universities used to invest in such prototypes to be sold to local manufacturers.
The engine was a modified BECO water pump engine and the car had a top speed of 65 Kph
16deacbe9ade0fbfcbe079254f3e3750a2355d10-1-jpg.1473

Even later in the 90s under General Zia Ul Haq rule a full fledged heavy lifter Truck was designed and manufactured in Pakistan. It was called "Yasoob" and only 500 were ever built and all still in use with Pakistan army,seen myself. It was a 6x6 on and off road vehicle with 12 ton cargo capacity. 60 % local parts 40% foreign parts. Total 4 prototypes on increased capacities were built. The one i saw was towing a tank, so definitely had much more pulling power than just 12 tons. Again the project fell prey to foreign corporates who offered much cheaper options to Pakistan army. Hino and Nissan are the trucks of choice now.
A picture of Yasoob truck
yasoob-jpg.1474

This is BECO engineering company in Lahore. They manufactured many industrial machinery. All were their own designs and production.

1235542_1419037648307691_929055738_n-1-jpg.1475

This is MV Heitian a 13000 ton cargo ship built in Karachi exported to China. You can read the full catalogue of Pakistan built Merchant ships here
Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works Limited
The largest was 17200 ton MV Islamabad built in Karachi in 1984,still operational today.

hetian-1-jpg.1476

Even today if you go to Gujranwala, Gujrat , Sialkot and Faislabad, you will see many high tech companies making totally indigenous household electrical products and exporting abroad. These few cities i named export more than 2 billion USD of products annually. One example of their products is here. You can find many such Pakistani manufacturers. I own a Pakistan made washing machine and it had been working perfectly for 15 years now,and still going.
Super Asia Washing Machines Prices in Pakistan | Buy Latest Models of Super Asia Washing Machines - Self Service Online Supermarket

Likewise Dawlance Appliances company a Pakistani home grown Electrical appliances manufacturer,had 200 Million USD annual revenue in 2015 and growing.

So we are not as backwards as you are made to believe or you want to believe. Its just that our good things don't get advertised.

Reactions: Ashwin, Superkaif, Art90 and 2 others

https://www.******************/forums/threads/pakistan-defence-industries-updates.790/

yasoob-jpg.1474

i found this post on the site listed above. I like the yasoob truck.

Maybe if you had done a bit of reading before writing such an essay than you would know that.
1)Pakistan makes various motorcycle engines 70cc 125cc and up.
2) MF tractors are 100% locally manufactured.
3) HinoPak is a local manufacturer of trucks and buses.
Even in electronics we have some kind of experience
3)Haier makes locally built laptops including the PCBs.

We have had plenty of domestic automobile companies,which went bankrupt sooner or later. They made vehicle locally.

All trickles down to government policies regarding the industries, a fair policy will only bring fair competition.

For those who think Pakistan doesn't make engine. Its not only making them but exporting them:

http://www.powervision.com.pk/engine

Bolan Casting is a major sub-contractor for engine for other companies and makes engine blocks and heads. Many other smaller companies making cylinders, crankshaft, cylinder lining, gear boxes etc.

https://www.bolancastings.com

There are 4/5 companies making blocks and heads for motorcycle engines and hundreds of smaller companies making other engines related parts including crank shafts, connecting rods, cylinders, gears. Only Atlas Honda has fully integrated in-house engines manufacturing facility. The 30 odd local brands buy engines or engine parts from local manufacturers. Only the big ones like United assemble them in-house. Pakistan motorcycle industry model is very different from that of India. Its more like a cottage industry based on parts sourced from others companies. Its built around 2 generic engines originally from Honda i.e. 70CC and 125CC.

Last edited:
Maybe if you had done a bit of reading before writing such an essay than you would know that.
1)Pakistan makes various motorcycle engines 70cc 125cc and up.
2) MF tractors are 100% locally manufactured.
3) HinoPak is a local manufacturer of trucks and buses.
Even in electronics we have some kind of experience
3)Haier makes locally built laptops including the PCBs.

We have had plenty of domestic automobile companies,which went bankrupt sooner or later. They made vehicle locally.

All trickles down to government policies regarding the industries, a fair policy will only bring fair competition.

i didn't read all of it i just wanted to include the msg from another forum but i was interested in yasoob truck which is beautiful

For those who think Pakistan doesn't make engine. Its not only making them but exporting them:

http://www.powervision.com.pk/engine

Bolan Casting is a major sub-contractor for engine for other companies and makes engine blocks and heads. Many other smaller companies making cylinders, crankshaft, cylinder lining, gear boxes etc.

https://www.bolancastings.com

There are 4/5 companies making blocks and heads for motorcycle engines and hundreds of smaller companies making other engines related parts including crank shafts, connecting rods, cylinders, gears. Only Honda has fully integrated in-house engines manufacturing facility. The 30 odd local brands buy engines or engine parts from local manufacturer. Only the big ones like United assemble them in-house. Pakistan motorcycle industry model is very different from that of India. Its more like a cottage industry based on parts sourced from others companies. Its built around 2 generic engines originally from Honda i.e. 70CC and 125CC.

I wouldn't call them cottage industry more like SME, very flexible in their workings and very good for our economy.
United is a very good study in how our SME manufacturers should move forward, while there are also other examples such as prince,unique but they have yet to transition to four-wheeler manufacturer.
United has introduced their Bravo 800cc at an affordable price, even though rupee depreciated massively their change in prices was low compared Suzuki's alto going from 11lakh to 18 lakh.
In my opinion the government should promote such business models, and yet they choose to support the "mafia". There won't be any automobile industry in the country untill the government starts pulling its pants up .
i didn't read all of it i just wanted to include the msg from another forum but i was interested in yasoob truck which is beautiful

Yasoob truck was a truck wholly pitched to army , its sucess and failure lies with them. They were the main buyers of the truck and choose for a " foriegn mall" over it and much like other projects such as HIT turbines for micro hydel got buried by afsaars and their supporting Mafias.

Chinese manufacturers are a good thing because they can maneuver around the rusty bureaucracy, mafias , handouts and politcians. They make the mafia bleed cause they can't compete and then we get the mafia crying on the media for unjust policies

Last edited:
wrong info ....

Correct me if I am wrong but yasoob group was a subsidiary of PACO and the truck was pitched only to the army.
The civilian side never took interest as they made no plans,sales pitch and promotion done to promote it as a civilian truck.
And then there were kick backs so many kick backs which eventually led it to its death.

I will be editing my previous post.

Correct me if I am wrong but yasoob group was a subsidiary of PACO and the truck was pitched only to the army.
The civilian side never took interest as they made no plans,sales pitch and promotion done to promote it as a civilian truck.
And then there were kick backs so many kick backs which eventually led it to its death.

I will be editing my previous post.
bhai what was the connection of HIT and PACO .... ??? plz read [Link]

We have a war-like situation in Baluchistan.
Urgent need such type of vehicles to protect our soldiers.

its sucess and failure lies with them.
again wrong assessment .... a consumer could not be blamed for the success or the failure of the product but the producer/ manufacturer ....

Army gave a sizable order but the manufacturer failed to continue the product after few initial deliveries ....

Back
Top Bottom