What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

wo BC to avioncs ki batries per lakhoon dollar le ker humari marty rahy kai saal un ki baat mat ker .

Sir jee I think now we use Chiness battery in our subs ..... ???

Imran Bhai eik aadh bottle charhaiii hoii hiii tou nahin haii ? :lol:
sach bolny ki saza
tsk.gif

Sir jee I think now we use Chiness battery in our subs ..... ???
that was mirages case and we done it .thanks to one of crazy like me

Hi,

Do you think we can produce our own AIP by studying the french MESMA ???

Hi,

No to your answer----. Pakistan does not have the money nor the capability or the capacity to build its own mesma. Just because you want to build a submarine or its propulsion system does not mean that you will end up with a successful version.

The only similarity a submarine has to any other vehicle is that it moves and it can launch a deadly cargo----other than that---a submarine is designed for total silence----.

For totally silent machine you need eons of experience---technological background and HISTORICAL PRECEDENCE of building submarine propulsions with a beyond solid engineering base.

Hi,

No to your answer----. Pakistan does not have the money nor the capability or the capacity to build its own mesma. Just because you want to build a submarine or its propulsion system does not mean that you will end up with a successful version.

The only similarity a submarine has to any other vehicle is that it moves and it can launch a deadly cargo----other than that---a submarine is designed for total silence----.

For totally silent machine you need eons of experience---technological background and HISTORICAL PRECEDENCE of building submarine propulsions with a beyond solid engineering base.
The Indians built their own nuclear propulsion for Arihant Class. Why can't we !!!

I heard that PAEC is already working on one.

But we had money and even BDs in 2005 to buy some high end Agosta-90Bs. Although its our loss that we haven't build another Shipyard in Karachi and also not even expanded the current one as well.

The Indians built their own nuclear propulsion for Arihant Class. Why can't we !!!

Hi,

So how much do you know about subs----. I am not asking what you have read on wiki.

Hi,

You have to read up on the subs---what they are and how they operate---who operates them----what are the most crucial assets of a sub---what kind of technology is used----. Who makes what kind of powerplants / propulsion systems.

Once you have the basics then you can begin to understand.

Hi,

You have to read up on the subs---what they are and how they operate---who operates them----what are the most crucial assets of a sub---what kind of technology is used----. Who makes what kind of powerplants / propulsion systems.

Once you have the basics then you can begin to understand.
I know that much.

(I have read the hunt for red october :ashamed: )

Hi,

So what do you think of the technology of that time----what was the basic exmphasis upon---? Why at all was that book allowed to be published---.

See---it is all about silence---. Some books state that the sea wolf class subs are more quieter at 20 + knots in the seas than an older Akula sitting at berth.

Any and every sound that is generated in a sub is multiplied 10 times in intensity and travels a lot farther than on ground. For that reason the subs and propulsion systems are built to be quiet---. There is a lot of moving machinery in a propulsion system and you have to have the metals available to you to build them---then on top of that---you have to have test facilities as well.

You are investing into a billion dollars ++++ not knowing what what you are getting.

As for india---they had all all the material and help to manufacture their system.

Last edited:

For Pakistan SSKs will be better ,
Time and time again at least during excersizes SSK have caused carrier groups headaches.

scope_tijgerhaai2_uss_america_med_oct93_2.jpg
Dutch Submarines: Periscope shots
Zwaardvis" was the only orange (enemy) submarine to successfully
stalk and sink a blue (allied) aircraft carrier although orange SSN
(=nuclear driven subs) were participating . . . ."
From: " The Changing Role of NATO submarines", Naval Forces 5/89, vol X." by Norman Polmar.
Dutch Submarines: News of 1999

For Pakistan SSKs will be better ,
Time and time again at least during excersizes SSK have caused carrier groups headaches.

scope_tijgerhaai2_uss_america_med_oct93_2.jpg
Dutch Submarines: Periscope shots

Dutch Submarines: News of 1999

Hi,

Actually a pakistani sub also had that honor long before that----it is somewhere on this board----or was it on the older board the first one.

I think that was in the 70's or 80's---. A pak sub lay silent and the u s aircraft carrier just went right over it during the end of an excercize---.

PNS/M Ghazi, the only submarine in the conflict arena, was deployed in the Indo-Pakistani war of 1965 to attack heavy ships of the Indian Navy, and the ships aiding Operation Dwarka. Though the submarine did not score any hits, it was a significant threat to any ships that came out of harbour (with that being its mission), but none came out including their carrier Vikrant.

It won 10 awards including two decorations of Sitara-e-Jurat and the President's citations. The commanding officer Commander Karamat Rahman Niazi (later 4-star admiral), second-in-command Lieutenant Commander Ahmed Tasnim, and Lieutenant Zafar Muhammad Khan won a Sitara-e-Jurat.

These bad boys are the nightmares of the sailor in any surface ship.

Back
Top Bottom