What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

that will bring down the number and we have to wait till 2028 for that , and Ag-70s are too old , yes they had some upgrades but still they are not clos to Ag-90s , if replaced they can give good 30 years of service , and they can be replaced in 4 to 5 years.
It will be 3+2 =5 Ag-90s SSKs and 8 new Chinese SSKs total 13 .
In the end its jus a question . Hope people don't call me daydreamer .

fast forward 2028 -

PN sub fleet
3 upgraded Augusta 90B [confirmed]
9 Hangoor class [confirmed]
1-5 possible nuclear powered subs [SSN and/or SSBN] [speculated]

I don't think so , they will only replace Ag-70's not the B's they will still serve for some time more.
Absolutely.

90b's new AIP modules.
MESMA.jpg

publish 20.10.2016.jpg

fast forward 2028 -

PN sub fleet
3 upgraded Augusta 90B [confirmed]
9 Hangoor class [confirmed]
1-5 possible nuclear powered subs [SSN and/or SSBN] [speculated]
Aren't that 8 Hangoor ??????????
And Nuc Subs are not SSKs ,,,,,,,,, And what if we don't have Nuc Sub? that will leave us with only 11 Subs .

11 high-tech ssk subs is a very healthy number
This is not just healthy but highly aggressive posture also do remember this is mostly first line of offenceand defence but they are also supported by small subs which Pakistan ia developing with turkey... I think that navy is changing its doctrine to sub surface offence which is key for a small navy against a big navy ...

Now the only issue is hiw to tackle CBG ...

Using submarine against CBG means one way mission for sure so it will be a suicide and even in that case success is not guaranteed ...

The only way to handle cbg is saturation strike by thunders using cm400 akg to cripple it down and then use same saturation attack against other ships in offensive postures ... however we dont have significant numbers of aircrafts to launch a saturation attack on wholr carrier group ... At max we can attack carrier and then aircrafts have to come back

We could just get 4 conventional Subs does not have to be all Nuclear submarines the conventional product gives you 3-4 months life time in mission at seas

PAKISTAN NAVY RECEIVE SUB RADAR UPGRADE

Following the announcement in February 2017 that Kelvin Hughes will be supplying the SharpEye Doppler submarine radar system to the mid-life upgrade programme for the Pakistan Navy’s AGOSTA 90B-class (also known as the KHALID-class diesel electric attack submarine; story here), the order for the next submarine in this programme has been placed.

Working with Turkish defence contractor STM, the main contractor for the refurbishment programme, Kelvin Hughes will supply the SharpEye system to the first submarine in 2018 and the second in 2019.

The upgrades are being performed at the Karachi Pakistan Naval Shipyard, however specific details concerning each submarine in the programme have not been disclosed.

Key benefits of the SharpEye radar solution for the AGOSTA 90B-class mid-life upgrade program is the extremely high reliability and low through life costs including: No magnetron - minimal routine maintenance requirements; no fault-finding training required; and line replaceable unit - does not require radar trained technician to replace; low Mean Time To Repair (MTTR).

We have a long standing relationship with the Pakistan Navy and STM and I am very pleased to be working with STM to supply the state-of-the-art SharpEye radar system to the Khalid class submarines,” Barry Jones, Regional Sales Manager for Kelvin Hughes, commented.
22-New_X-Band_SharpEye_Hi_Res-a.jpg

The SharpEye I-Band (X-Band) radar transceiver for submarines is based on a downmast transceiver housed in an enclosure located within the pressure hull and provides submarines both in-service as a retrofit and new classes a high performance solid state radar with similar capabilities to SharpEye radars installed on naval surface ships. This downmast submarine radar solution makes use of the existing bulkhead infrastructure in the pressure hull, removing the need to replace the antenna mast system by utilising the existing external antenna, rotational drive and waveguide connections. Kelvin Hughes also manufactures and supplies a pressure resistant 'AZL' submarine antenna.

http://www.monch.com/mpg/news/c5i/2340-subradar2.html

Meteksan developing Sonars for Turkey's U-214TN Submarine; Any Idea whether Pakistan will be acquiring any Turkish sonar equipment for Agosta modernization ?
8NpVrV.jpg

jQl9MJ.jpg

Meteksan developing Sonars for Turkey's U-214TN Submarine; Any Idea whether Pakistan will be acquiring any Turkish sonar equipment for Agosta modernization ?
8NpVrV.jpg

jQl9MJ.jpg
Neither STM or the PN have awarded any sonar contracts yet. So it's a possibility, though Pakistan's Maritime Systems Limited (MSL) has its own Towed Array Sonar platform.

STM, Pakistan In the AGOSTA 90B Semi Lifecycle Modernization project, as the main contractor; integration design, assembly, integration, testing and experience and ELD services. Subsystems within the scope of the project are as follows:

• Sonar suite
  • Integrated Command Control and Weapon System
  • Periscope System,
  • Radar and ED System,
  • Converters
  • Steering Console
  • Rescue buoy (design and production activities)
HAVELSAN also works on the national torpedo fire control system. Developing Torpedo Fire Control System (TORAKS) with its own resources, the company also completed the critical design of the National Sonar Integrated Command Control System SEDA. SEDA will first be used in Pakistan's AGOSTA 90B modernization.

http://www.milscint.com/tr/deniz-sistemleri-semineri-potansiyelini-uygulamaya-doktu-2/

Another important project of HAVELSAN about submarines is the modernization of AGOSTA 90B in Pakistan, where STM acts as a subcontractor. In this project, HAVELSAN develops Integrated Underwater Command Control System and Submarine Information Distribution System. Erdogan said that they completed the preliminary design successfully in September; In the first six months of 2018, they are aiming to complete the critical design phase. In the project, the first submarine is planned to be delivered in 2020.

http://www.milscint.com/tr/havelsan-savas-yonetim-sistemleri-ve-denizaltilarda-gelecege-bakiyor/

MSI Magazine: HAVELSAN is also involved in the modernization of Pakistan's AGOSTA class submarines. Could you tell us about your work on this project?

Savaş YANIK: HAVELSAN aims to contribute to our export by using the knowledge gained in underwater systems not only in our country but also abroad. In line with this goal, as you say, Pakistan has played a very important role in the AGOSTA class submarine modernization project.

Agosta_pnshamza_01-C-PN-via-Usman-Shabbir.jpg

HAVELSAN is presenting the point where the capabilities of submarines have come in the project of the Semi-Longevity Modernization of Submarines in AGOSTA 90B Class of Pakistan.

The main contractor for the AGMSTA 90B Submarine Submarine Modernization project is STM, an affiliate. In the project, HVELSAN will provide ESKKS integration of non-acoustical sensors such as Integrated Underwater Command Control System (ESKKS), Submarine Information Distribution System (DBDS) and radar, periscope and ESM as subcontractor of STM.

Sonar is realized under the responsibility of HAVELSAN, the system solution, analysis, design, development, testing and integration of ESKKS which consists of weapon control and command control systems.

The project, which was signed at the end of 2016, is at the preliminary design stage. In less than 4 years, the submarine will be modernized and made available to the Pakistan Navy. Due to the confidence and positive image established in the progress of the project, the Pakistan Navy decided to modernize the first submarine while modernizing the second submarine with the same model. In the coming days we will sign the second submarine contract.

HAVELSAN started the R & D projects for underwater systems in parallel with this project. The National Underwater Integrated Submarine Command and Control System (SEDA) software, the entire HAVELSAN product, has been developed and will be used by Pakistan AGOSTA for submarine modernization. Torpedo Fire Control System (TORAKS), which was developed with the help of HAVELSAN own resources, also took place in our product family.

http://www.milscint.com/tr/8inci-ds...istemleri-genel-mudur-yardimcisi-savas-yanik/

since quiet a few people liked what put up on the thread regarding tot and the a90b i thought i may as well share this. there's more but im not in the position to share it, i will see.
View attachment 449231
did you know there was a proposed a80?
View attachment 449232
View attachment 449236
@araz @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @HRK
If I am not wrong I read about it couple of years back when I was searching some info about Agosta-90B, but l must say that I have forget about this

Back
Top Bottom