What's new

Sri Lanka welcomes it's first Indian build AOPV at Colombo harbour.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...since-2002-parliament-told/article8327755.ece

Total of 16 accidents out of which 11 crashes occured in India (2 civilian and 9 military) and 5 abroad crashes out of a total 231 built. 12 out of the 16 crashes are due to human error or environmental factors but not due to technical issues. Only 9 military crashes but you claimed hundreds of Aviation pilots are being killed to keep the HAL engineers employed.

NEW DELHI:, MARCH 08, 2016 19:40 IST

Wg Cdr. dhillion crash in Arunachal makes it 17.

Not less than 10 as you falsely claimed.

More than 170 IAF pilots dead in HAL built Mig 21 crashes. More in HAL built Su30 crashes.

Even more in HAL built Kiran crashes.

But for some idiots in order to promote indigenisation the human life is worthless.

Keep it up for as long as you can.

NEW DELHI:, MARCH 08, 2016 19:40 IST

Wg Cdr. dhillion crash in Arunachal makes it 17.

Not less than 10 as you falsely claimed.

More than 170 IAF pilots dead in HAL built Mig 21 crashes. More in HAL built Su30 crashes.

Even more in HAL built Kiran crashes.

But for some idiots in order to promote indigenisation the human life is worthless.

Keep it up for as long as you can.
Stop being a retard. We are talking about Dhruv and not the Migs so stop bringing random crash reports related to HAL. How do you know if the Su30 crashed is HAL built or Russian built and my claim of 10 crashes is in India because we don't know how well the Ecuadorian pilots are trained and their ability to maintain and service the helos. Also, you were claiming it was HAL's fault but the report clearly stated that 12 of the crashes were due to pilot error/environmental factors which clearly has nothing to do with HAL. I do hate HAL for their incompetency in certain aspects and I also did mention in one of my previous posts that it is better to privatize certain manufacturing phases to Indian defense firms but give credit where it's due and the rotary wing section is certainly one of the better performing sections of HAL. The thread is about OPVs and you derailed it into a HAL crash thread.

Stop being a retard. We are talking about Dhruv and not the Migs so stop bringing random crash reports related to HAL. How do you know if the Su30 crashed is HAL built or Russian built and my claim of 10 crashes is in India because we don't know how well the Ecuadorian pilots are trained and their ability to maintain and service the helos. Also, you were claiming it was HAL's fault but the report clearly stated that 12 of the crashes were due to pilot error/environmental factors which clearly has nothing to do with HAL. I do hate HAL for their incompetency in certain aspects and I also did mention in one of my previous posts that it is better to privatize certain manufacturing phases to Indian defense firms but give credit where it's due and the rotary wing section is certainly one of the better performing sections of HAL. The thread is about OPVs and you derailed it into a HAL crash thread.

1. We are discussing genocide of IAF pilots by HAL

2. No Su30K,MK ever crashed only HAL assembled ones crashed.

3. Any Ecuador helo crashed recently except the infamous 4 HAL dhruv?

4. Blame the user. Usual game of HAL.

5. OPV faces risk of carrying a Dhruv which can jeopardise India-Sri Lanka relations and convert upto 7 families into 7 broken families.

whatever happened to the thread on AOPV to SL navy, why did this become a thread on choppers?

AOPV has a helo deck and the article mentioned it was intended for the ALH ( HAL Dhruv ) which is a modern aviation disaster

You are wasting time on a mand buddhi!

Sri Lanka Navy warmly welcomes its brand-new AOPV at Colombo harbour

The Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel (AOPV) constructed at the Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) for the mission requirement of the Sri Lanka Navy, arrived at the Colombo harbour this morning (July, 28). Upon its arrival at the Colombo port, the brand-new vessel that is expected to join the SLN fleet, was warmly received by the Navy in compliance with naval traditions.

The ship is commanded by Captain (N) Nishantha Amarosa and its crew consists of 18 officers and 100 sailors.

This significant occasion was attended by Director General Operations, Rear Admiral Piyal De Silva, Commander Western Naval Area, Rear Admiral Niraja Attygalle, Flag Officer Commanding Naval Fleet, Rear Admiral Kapila Samaraweera, Director General Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Rear Admiral Upul Ekanayake and a cross section of officers from the Naval Headquarters and Western Naval Command.

Subsequently, the Commander of the Navy, Vice Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne made an inspection visit onboard ship and supervised the functional and operational aspects of the new AOPV.

Meanwhile, the ship is scheduled to receive its auspicious commissioning from the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, His Excellency Maithripala Sirisena, at the Colombo harbour premises on 02nd August, as SLNS Sayurala.

This latest inclusion will go down in the 67 year old annals of Sri Lanka Navy as the first ever brand-new OPV acquisition of the sea-going arm of the country. Besides it remains to be the biggest warship ever made thusfar for a foreign navy by an Indian shipbulder.The ship underwent various trials and tests before she set sail to her final destination, Sri Lanka to affirm her operational and patrolling capabilities.

The vessel saw the light of day at the GSL with the signing of the contract on 17th February 2014. The agreement included two Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessels (AOPVs) for the Sri Lanka Navy and the production of the first AOPV began on 15th May 2014. The Keel of the first vessel was laid on 10th Sep 2014 and was ceremonially launched on 10th June 2016
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
An interesting colour scheme the SLN has opted for, reminds me of that used by the Russian land forces:
images

Out of the 250+ built, less than 10 have crashed. Out of Ecuador's 4 crashes, most of them were due to pilot error which isn't a fault from the Indian side. Well, I do agree HAL doesn't maintain the best standards in the industry and it's better if the manufacturing phase is privatized to Indian defense firms, it isn't fair to portray ALH as a flying coffin.

And just because helos crashed, that doesn't end the bilateral relation between two countries. In that case, Mig-21s crashed in considerable numbers but aren't we still buying Russian stuff. Now what are you gonna say about that, Russian equipment is damn good but it's our pilots that lack the ability to fly them!!

stop feeding the troll

whatever happened to the thread on AOPV to SL navy, why did this become a thread on choppers?

original topic is usually just 'notional'

Nice:-):tup::tup::tup:

Do you want us to go your thread Pns himma and gives the fact about your ship? free advice, compare your fast attack ship to any other latest fast attack ship (Chinese) first? do not troll as like you do every indian threads, Pakistani friend:disagree:
Smart arse, Himmat is armed with long ranged Anti Ship and Land Attack CMs,Remote controlled SMASH (can carry AD missiles),AAGs and other goodies..
IMG_5639.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_5638.PNG

Its probably more close to the Swedish Visby corvette than other FACs.
And is more powerful than the Type 022s FACs of PLAN.

And the poster is a singaporean chinese. Like 80% of Singapores population.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom