What's new

Sri Lanka questions Ajmal`s action

Peaceful Civilian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SA1.jpg

Colombo: Sri Lanka has raised concerns over the bowling action of Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal after the first Test in Galle last week.

A former Sri Lankan cricketer pointed out that despite having a questionable action, no one was talking about Ajmal`s action.

"Ajmal is getting away with blue murder and nobody`s taking any action," a former Sri Lankan players was quoted as saying `The Nation`.

"Ajmal has never been known to bowl in short sleeves either at practice or in a match, which has raised doubts whether he is actually bending his arm. He wears short sleeves only when he is batting," he added.

Sri Lanka had previously also raised doubts over the spinner`s action in the series played last November in the UAE.

On both the occasions the match referee was the former Australian opener, David Boon.

According to Sri Lankan cricket writer, Saadi Thawfeek, some of Ajmal`s deliveries goes beyond the permissible limit of 15 degree.

"It is not that all the balls bowled by Ajmal are questionable but a couple of them in an over especially the top spinner, which Sri Lanka believes goes beyond the permitted 15 degree angle," Thawfeek wrote in this week`s `The Nation`.

Ajmal took seven wickets in the first Test at Galle that Sri Lanka won by 209 runs.
Sri Lanka questions Ajmal`s action

They think Malinga has conventional action :lol:
Even murli's action was very questionable, with the angle of his hand...
Even mendis's carrom ball action is unorthodox, very much questionable..

They think Malinga has conventional action :lol:
Even murli's action was very questionable, with the angle of his hand...
Even mendis's carrom ball action is unorthodox, very much questionable..
Malinga is very strange bowler. Wasim Akram had perfect action

Malinga is very strange bowler. Wasim Akram had perfect action

I disagree. No Doubt Wasim was a perfect bowler but witout a perfect action. Technically for pakistan, Aqib Javed, Asif, Mhd Zaid had what you call technically perfect action. In simple words, both shoulders perpendicular to batsman and a high arm action.

All other bowlers had open/side chest actions.

For india, Srinath had technically correct action.

In todays date, Dale steyn has the best technically correct action.

On Topic : Looking at the heading, I tought it was about Ajmal Kasab. :P For a second thought why was Sri Lanka interested in India's Terrorist Attacks. :D

In my opinion, Malinga should be banned, No batsman is trained to play bowler who bowls like throwing discus which makes it very difficult for batsman to judge when the ball will be released. Also, its very difficult to see the fingers and wrist movement that way.
I think he is being allowed only bcoz nobody thought of such an action and never mention it in rule book but that doesnt make it right, its just like criminal finding a way to exploit the judicial system

His action is pretty different but finally cricket board declared clean certificate to Ajmal

Back
Top Bottom