What's new

Sri Lanka Economy Has ‘Hit Rock Bottom,’ Putting Pressure on President

There are plenty of Hindu Tamils in Canada who sympathize with LTTE. You are ill informed or half informed at best :rolleyes1:

Sri Lanka's government is now in discussion with IMF. Uncle Sam will save the day, after extracting his pound of flesh of course :butcher:

Remember I am South Indian.

After the Indo-Lanka peace Accord of 1987, India and Sri Lanka had buried the hatchet.

But West did not like it and it wanted to keep LTTE alive.

LTTE with support from the West Assassinated both Indian PM Rajiv Gandh in 1991 and Sri Lankan President Premadasa in 1993.

This was the beginning of the end of LTTE with India fully pulling out the plug.

Hindu LTTE in the east under the leadership of Karuna had split from Prabakaran in 2004 and is with India.

Christian LTTE in the North went with Prabakaran and is with the West.

Remember I am South Indian.

After the Indo-Lanka peace Accord of 1987, India and Sri Lanka had buried the hatchet.

But West did not like it and it wanted to keep LTTE alive.

LTTE with support from the West Assassinated both Indian PM Rajiv Gandh in 1991 and Sri Lankan President Premadasa in 1993.

This was the beginning of the end of LTTE with India fully pulling out the plug.

Hindu LTTE in the east under the leadership of Karuna had split from Prabakaran in 2004 and is with India.

Christian LTTE in the North went with Prabakaran and is with the West.
So the LTTE sympathizers that I've talked to are all fake Hindus? Got it :pop:

So the LTTE sympathizers that I've talked to are all fake Hindus? Got it :pop:

There is something called being stuck in time.

This happens to people who are away from the mainland.

Soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army and Imperial Japanese Navy during the Pacific Theatre of World War II who continued fighting World War II after the surrender of Japan in August 1945. Japanese holdouts either doubted the veracity of the formal surrender or were not aware that..

Khalistan in India and Tamil Eelam in Sri Lanka have long died but continue survive in US, UK and Canada because they might lose their asylum status if they do not take and talk the Western line.

There is something called being stuck in time.

This happens to people who are away from the mainland.

Soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army and Imperial Japanese Navy during the Pacific Theatre of World War II who continued fighting World War II after the surrender of Japan in August 1945. Japanese holdouts either doubted the veracity of the formal surrender or were not aware that..

Khalistan in India and Tamil Eelam in Sri Lanka have long died but continue survive in US, UK and Canada because they might lose their asylum status if they do not take and talk the Western line.
There is some good dose of whataboutery in there :laugh:

I've not read about religious claims tilt in the movement. Also, it is my understanding that support for LTTE agenda is still a socially visit talking point in Tamil politics. Spare me from your South Indian 'gyan' :pop:

What in the world is happening now in Colombo? Seems it is a coup attempt

No, they are just asylum seekers. You will see plenty of Kalistan sikhs in USA for the same reason.
Yes, they are mostly refuges. They used to openly support LTTE with prominent symbols and posters in the past.

This is off topic. So let's drop it

Yes, they are mostly refuges. They used to openly support LTTE with prominent symbols and posters in the past.

This is off topic. So let's drop it
They are not refuges. They go to USA and canada on tourist, study visa and apply for asylum.

Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s ruling coalition lost its majority in Parliament as proceedings began Tuesday for the first time since the state of Emergency was imposed. At least 41 lawmakers walked out of the alliance amid public anger against the Rajapaksa family, news agency Reuters reported. Earlier, President Rajapaksa had asserted that he won’t resign from his position, however, he’s ready to hand over the government to whoever proves the majority in Parliament. While a vote count is yet to be taken, with the ruling coalition in minority, passing government proposals may become tough unless independent members support them.

Tendering his resignation a day after being sworn in Finance Minister Ali Sabry, who replaced the President’s brother, Basil Rajapaksa, said, “fresh, proactive and unconventional steps” are needed to navigate this unprecedented crisis. Sabry added that when he resigned as Minister of Justice on April 3, it was not his intention to take up another post.
Who wants to apply for Finance Minister position in Sri Lanka? Seems like there are no takers for the job :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom