What's new

Sri lanka development News/Pics

Floating Market in Colombo,

z_new800.jpg

IMG.jpg

Cheers mate.. I'm not very familiar with Negombo, Since i dont live in SL i have not been to Negombo for quite a while.. But it's a beach resort and had has a decent night life, Lots of bars and cafe's.. Lots of massive Churches.. Mostly used as a stay off for catching flights because of it's proximity to the air port.. Check Tripadvisor they may give you some good tips

Negombo Forum, Travel Discussion for Negombo, Sri Lanka – TripAdvisor

Colombo there is plenty to do.. Restaurants, Bars, Cafe's, Night life, Plenty of high end night clubs, Spa's, and Sight seeing lots of colonial architecture.. Any thing you prefer in particular to do ? Shopping you can get bargains for genuine designer ware for warehouse prices..

Be aware of touts and scammers.. Anybody overly friendly stay clear.. Careful with tuk tuk drivers, Always try and get in to one with a meter, The starting fare would not exceed SL Rs.60 a KM.. Dont let anybody take you to places known to them or owned by a relative.. Colombo is much safer than most sub continental cities so enjoy your stay
Thanks for the tips mate, all taken on board. Travel is my only concern, not getting ripped off by taxi drivers or tuk tuk drivers. I just want to be able to pay the correct fare, without any headaches, or people trying to pull the fast one.

I will be going with the wife and my 2 year old boy, so it's a family holiday. We don't want to be travelling much, just doing a few day trips with our base in Negombo. I was looking to head to Kandy for a day trip, as that looks really nice.

I'd love to have travelled all over, but keeping it local will have to do. To be perfectly honest, relaxing by the beach at the hotel would not be the end of the world for me :-)

11925715_859573817474673_2042574707_n.jpg

Chinese are on steroids.

Shangri la
11856597_754561784671731_1883075898_n.jpg

Astoria

2.jpg

Machun.. I reckon you're in Colombo these days ? There are conflicting reports on the whole urban clean up scene.. Some say the new regime has taken it back to it's worse while others says is not bad as portrayed.. How was your experience ? Is it back to the old days with the litter and garbage ? Credit where it's due, We lost a great administrator in Gota due to politics

Machun.. I reckon you're in Colombo these days ? There are conflicting reports on the whole urban clean up scene.. Some say the new regime has taken it back to it's worse while others says is not bad as portrayed.. How was your experience ? Is it back to the old days with the litter and garbage ? Credit where it's due, We lost a great administrator in Gota due to politics
There is some truth to it. I don't know how it was before but now some parts of central Colombo like Fort area looks like a slum.

There is some truth to it. I don't know how it was before but now some parts of central Colombo like Fort area looks like a slum.

Seriously thats a shame mate

Seriously thats a shame mate
IMO majority of people in Sri Lanka are not civilized enough. They don't know either Western individualistic responsibility or Eastern communal responsibility. They have no ambition for the country. They are not capable of hardworking or critical thinking. They live in a dream world and think success will rain down to them. No entrepreneurship. No innovation. Just empty minded walking trash. The result is this even if the best politicians are taken to the country. Because you can't develop a country against people's will. For instance, how do you think people will respond if a $1000 fine on littering is imposed in Sri Lanka as in Singapore? They will riot and change the government.

These are the economic reforms that are planned for development by the current govt.

Key points:

– 10 lakhs jobs to be created under third generation of reforms
– budget deficit to be reduced to 3.5 percent by 2020
– world economic environment will be tough next year
– steps to increase international trade with trade agreements with India, China, explore impact of TPP
State Holding Corporation Limited to be created for public enterprises in line with Singapore’s Tamasek
– Public Enterprise Act to be enacted
– Special Purpose Vehicle for state enterprises with listing on CSE
– Non Strategic Enterprises to be divested to market such as 2-3 hotels, Lanka Hospitals
– International Trade Agency to be set up
– Merger of EPF and ETF with management outside of Central Bank
– National Pension Gratuity Fund to be set up
– Tea Industry Committee to improve the industry
– Sri Lanka to give freehold lands, houses to public
– Plans for a low tax regime
– Measures to be taken to plug exports to global value chains
– Exchange control responsibility to be removed from Central Bank
– Super Gains Tax, one-off taxes to be discontinued
Special Business Area in Colombo
– A central procurement secretariat under the cabinet
– New Acts on Investment, Trade Regulation
– Competition Tribunal for dealing with monopolies
– New council for small and medium scale enterprises
– Committee to look into the effects of TPP to Sri Lanka with benefits that might accrue to Vietnam
– Free Wi-Fi for universities, concessions (interest free loans) for laptops to university students
– Introducing gender budgeting in 2017
– Taxes on Books and sport equipment to be removed
– Go into territorial taxation
– economy to be “digitalized”
– create better environment for foreign investment
BOI, Export development board and Tourism Authority to be restructured fully
New agency for development

PM outlines economic reforms in parliament | Lanka Business Online

On the construction side a project to construct condominiums for the middle class people who are without permanent residences. So there will be construction projects on that side as well
PM introduces Govt. Mid-term Economic Policy Framework - UPDATED | Daily News Online : Sri Lanka's National News

map-650x450.jpg

Kandy City Wastewater Management Project
Kandy City Wastewater Management Project (KCWMP) is directed towards the solution of the Kandy City Wastewater issue. KCWMP is implemented with the support of JICA based on the Revised Feasibility Report of 2002. The Project will provide a wastewater collection system to the central part of the Kandy City where the population density is high. This area is 773 ha of land and the population in year 2012 is 102,459 while the daily migrant population is approximately 150,000 The collected wastewater will be treated at a Treatment Plant of capacity14,000 m3/day at Gonnoruwa, the Main Pumping Station at Getambe and the Solid Sludge Disposal at Gohagoda, all of which will be significant new constructions.

The KCWMP is a 100% grant to the Kandy Municipal Council. As per MOU between NWSDB & KMC the project will be operated and maintained jointly by NWSDB& KMC during the first 3 years after commissioning and at the end of this period NWSDB will handover entire assets and liabilities of the project to KMC.

Kandy City Wastewater Management Project | KCWMP-Kandy City – Srilanka

Back
Top Bottom