What's new

Sri Lanka Air force New Acquisitions: An Update

Still skeptic either mig-29s or su-30 will end up in SLAF. Both can't enter service it will be a nightmare if the number of aircrafts/squadrons are increasing. The new upgraded mig-29 can be used for long range maritime patrols and ops. So strictly it is going to be either migs or su-30s, su-30 is pretty much customizable and like I said is a widely inducted platform IF SLAF wants better radar the new AESA being tested on SU-35 could be installed later on..wise choice would be go for su-30 get better help/training from China as well.

For the replacement of Kfirs/F-7s for interceptors role there is nothing better then JFTs in the market.

The process is underway.though the navy is going for mig29k.dont know the difference between the 2 though.btw which uav's did slaf acquire??

mig 29k is the carrier born variant with new glass cockpit and HOTAS config, also has plumbing to carry out buddy refueling.

In the future Indian Ocean will witness too much Aircraft Carriers.

Su-35BM will keep Sri Lanka Safe.
:smitten::smitten:

rofl by the time the SLAF has procured su35's (which cost 45-65 mill $ a pop) countries with stratergic interests in SL will have aquired their own 5th gen aircraft

I dont understand how acquiring latest fighters be priority for Sri Lanka. I think it should strengthen it's navy and coast guard. The money is better spent at training a better army.

Back
Top Bottom