What's new

"Speed Camera Ahead" sign boards on highways

chharoonahmad

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi

Many a time I have noticed "Speed Camera Ahead" sign boards on highways. I always wonder about the purpose of informing the driver beforehand. Shouldn't they rather try to catch the speeding drivers red-handed? Do you know the reason? If you do, then please let me know. Thanks.

I agree with you, they shouldn't inform drivers but funny part is you still see people getting busted

Some states in the USA have a law against hidden cameras.. The idea is to prevent drivers from driving fast in those areas rather than making money from fines..

Also 50% of the time, there isnt really no speed camera ahead.

So its cost efficient too, to make drivers slow down. Works for me anyway.

Also 50% of the time, there isnt really no speed camera ahead.

So its cost efficient too, to make drivers slow down. Works for me anyway.

don't think so

They always have a camera whenever written on the highways. I think the motive is to encourage drivers to slow down their cars since most of the times they are heading towards interchange or busy roads. Also if you notice you are breaking the law by exceeding the speed limit and speed cameras helps you come back to normal speed hehe

Out here they sometimes park an empty Patrol car with tinted windows beside the road. You will never know if it is occupied or not!

Out here they sometimes park an empty Patrol car with tinted windows beside the road. You will never know if it is occupied or not!

Lol, I love the mind games they try to pull on us, makes me feel real special.

don't think so

They always have a camera whenever written on the highways. I think the motive is to encourage drivers to slow down their cars since most of the times they are heading towards interchange or busy roads. Also if you notice you are breaking the law by exceeding the speed limit and speed cameras helps you come back to normal speed hehe

I saw a pretty interesting setup while driving from Chicago to Columbus last year.. They have a kind of a billboard facing oncoming car which either flashes Welcome to Columbus, if you are under the speed limit or "Keep this speed and you will get fined for breaking the law" if you are overspeeding.. On my first run I was a little over speed.. So I slowed down, took the next exit, and came back again at normal speed to see if it changed its message.. And as I said before, it did...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom