What's new

Soviet Storm: World War II in the East

ExtraOdinary

Reaction score
Country
India
The most informative and addictive documentary I have ever seen on the battles in the Eastern Front. (PS: It is produced for Russian television and has a bit of Soviet propaganda, but overall it remains largely unbiased. Also the level of detail is excellent). Check out all 17 episodes, each around 50 mins.

@SarthakGanguly @AUSTERLITZ

link to my favorite episode:

Yes i've seen the whole series,its very good with only slight bias .

The most informative and addictive documentary I have ever seen on the battles in the Eastern Front. (PS: It is produced for Russian television and has a bit of Soviet propaganda, but overall it remains largely unbiased. Also the level of detail is excellent). Check out all 17 episodes, each around 50 mins.

@SarthakGanguly @AUSTERLITZ

link to my favorite episode:

Seen it all. Little bias, not much. Check the Unsere Mutter Unsere Pater series. It's drama but captures the most important points of the war from the German PoV.

Ive seen a lot of documentaries on WW2 ( including Soviet Storm series) and read plenty of books from both allied, axis, and neutral perspective and can safely conclude that Soviet Storm is nothing but a biased documentary series full of Soviet era propaganda.

This "documentary" is a piece of crap,propaganda without historical value.Allready 7 minutes in and i've spotted 2 lies:

1.Odessa only fell to the Romanians because the Soviets decided for a strategic retreat.....NO....Odessa was doomed anyway,it would only have been a costlier victory for the attackers if the Reds didn't pull out.
2.And this one was quite hilarious....the Soviet bombardements of Romanian oil fieds were taking a heavy toll on oil supplies....BS,utter BS ...the Soviets didn't even put a dent on the oil output,they barely reached Ploiesti as they were shut down,they focused more on the Black Sea port of Constanta,hundreds of miles away from Ploiesti.Not even huge campaigns by US-UK bombers 2-3 years later couldn't stop the oil supply.

Don't get me started on the "emotional" farewell from Odessa,is this a documentary or bolshevik soap opera ? LMAO

For those interested in a real historical description on the events of those times i advice you not to waste your time with this ridiculous video.I want 8 minutes of my life back.

Already seen it, its a great series to start learning about the eastern front :tup:

Yes i've seen the whole series,its very good with only slight bias .

When will you continue your battle reports :) ?

Back
Top Bottom