What's new

South Korea's Untouchable Families | Open Secrets

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I am no conspiracy theorist but the fact that this video is blocked in so many countries including Pakistan and of course, South Korea makes blockage very sus.

This is why I believe that for capitalism to be a complete success, the government should be autocratic like the CCP or Emarati Dynasties. When you combine democracy with capitalism, you end up with neoliberalism and here the megacorporations have absolute powers and the government becomes their puppet. It doesn't matter who you vote for as you will keep getting screwed by these megacorporations. Even if the country's leadership wanted to take a stand against these megacorporations, they won't be able to do so. Since I continue to be an advocate of capitalism, it's only natural that I will despise democracy. Don't get me started on the media as the media too is owned by the elite class. Another reason why I prefer autocracy is that for autocratic leadership to be supported by its people, it is extremely important that they deliver on the economic front. If they fail to deliver on the economic front then there will be a lot of instability in the country.

@VCheng From what I gather, you support democracy and prefer Republicans over Democrats. Considering that I wonder what your take on the video is. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

The Chaebol's ruled South Korea since the split of korea with an iron fist where they have reached unhumanely level of status amongst the mere human South Koreans. Due to nepotism they were able to grow significiantly

Last edited:

I am no conspiracy theorist but the fact that this video is blocked in so many countries including Pakistan and of course, South Korea makes blockage very sus.

This is why I believe that for capitalism to be a complete success, the government should be autocratic like the CCP or Emarati Dynasties. When you combine democracy with capitalism, you end up with neoliberalism and here the megacorporations have absolute powers and the government becomes their puppet. It doesn't matter who you vote for as you will keep getting screwed by these megacorporations. Even if the country's leadership wanted to take a stand against these megacorporations, they won't be able to do so. Since I continue to be an advocate of capitalism, it's only natural that I will despise democracy. Don't get me started on the media as the media too is owned by the elite class. Another reason why I prefer autocracy is that for autocratic leadership to be supported by its people, it is extremely important that they deliver on the economic front. If they fail to deliver on the economic front then there will be a lot of instability in the country.

@VCheng From what I gather, you support democracy and prefer Republicans over Democrats. Considering that I wonder what your take on the video is. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

I watched this sometime ago, very poignant story and shows the cost of development in Korea. Many died in the shadows.

There is always a price to pay, and some pay it more than others, the weak and the powerless especially. :sad:

I watched this sometime ago, very poignant story and shows the cost of development in Korea. Many died in the shadows.

There is always a price to pay, and some pay it more than others, the weak and the powerless especially. :sad:

I have known this since I was exposed to Korean culture via Boys over flowers series that came out back in 2009. I do watch from time to time Korean entertain and the Chaebols get alot of TV series and films talking about them.

If a group of people will ever demand others to worship them it will first be the South Korean Chaebols asking the mere human south Koreans to worship them-- It is that bad really the situation there

Interesting.

There is a large expat South Asian population working in Korea doing menial jobs.

The language barrier has been nullified mostly.

These stories are no longer limited to Korean circles.

Chaebols are trumpeted as God's blessing to Korea, reality is quite opposite....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom